• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elcysandir Neighorhood Watch

DeletedUser61

If you want to locate your own city on the us5 map.
  • Visit Starcaster, who is at the exact center of the map
  • Click on the World Icon
  • Drag the map just a bit to get a blue arrow
  • Follow it to your own city
If you use Ctrl+ScrollWheel, or the browser menu, you can zoom the map down to 25%, which is often the best way to get an overall feel for the map.

You can find the current corners of the map.
  • Visit Starcaster again
  • Click on the World Icon
  • Zoom if you wish
  • To find the corners of the flat-topped hexagon that emerges from the immigration algorithm
    • Scroll toward 1 o'clock
    • Scroll toward 3 o'clock
    • Scroll toward 5 o'clock
    • Scroll toward 7 o'clock
    • Scroll toward 9 o'clock
    • Scroll toward 11 o'clock
The map fills up ring by ring, but it's not exactly a spiral, because the top edge fills counterclockwise, while all of the other edges fill clockwise.

Your undiscovered trading partners are calculated in very much the same way, using a flat-topped hexagonal spiral. The most distant of your trading partners will be 14 rings away.

If you want to focus on finding relics, THAT uses pointy-topped hexagonal rings. If you want to dive into the deep end of the pool, you'll want to follow the discussion over at https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/brainstorming-about-tournaments.1728/.

DeletedUser1621

Purges have already begun, as they have passed through my area of the map.

*edit

And all emptied slots have now been refilled

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4310

how do you "visit starcaster"? where is it located?

DeletedUser3610

how do you "visit starcaster"?
Click the number (rankings) under your name, the rankings window will pop up, the first tab is "Players", write "Starcaster" into the search box in the upper left corner and click search, that will bring up Starcaster, click on his name and than click "Visit", that will bring you into his city, then click the world icon at the bottom of the page, that will bring you to his city on the world map, after that you can follow the blue arrow to your city to know how far from the center of the world map you are.

I got lost trying to sort this out. Made it down to 10% view so I could see more. Very strange. Just glad I seem to be somewhere in the middle. No edges in sight.

DeletedUser

I am so, SO far away.... at the eastern edge of the map it seems. :[

DeletedUser5251

Me too. I'm in the bottom western corner.
But since they moved out a lot of the inactive players I have a few really good neighbors.

I just can't really expand in that direction anymore because there's no one there.