• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Eldrasil's Ascending

Risen Malchiah

When Elvenar first began these events, if you finished every quest, you had enough resources to obtain the three major prizes...which seems fair to me. However, in this case, finishing all the events only gives you enough resources to get two of the major prizes. Apparently, you would have to purchase nuts to get the third prize which I don't think follows the spirit of the event. If you finish all the quests then you should be able to get all the 3 main prizes without having to spend money. I finished all the events, have been picking up the fallen nuts and there is no way that I am going to have enough to get the third prize.
That was true for the winter, phoenix and herds events where we had less than 1% chance to win the 3rd grand prize. But for this event, having obtained the 3rd prize in my cities (as have others) without spending money means that it is now possible (and almost guaranteed), so long as you make that your goal and only open boxes on double sprouts days.

But, I agree that this should not be the only way to get that prize, because it requires an extra level of planning and patience to do that. Ideally, the 3rd grand prize should be available to anyone who completes the quest list by having the last quest award sprouts in addition to nuts.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I spent a majority of my sprouts on double days. I have also been frequently recalculating how many boxes I need to open to get enough sprouts to complete the set. I spent nearly 2000 hazelnuts on the small chest for Blue trees the other day, and got five of them while reserving enough so that even if I don't win any free hazelnuts on the next double day I will have enough to complete the grand prizes.

Of course, if there isn't another double sprouts day, I won't get the third prize, but I'm generally pleased.

DeletedUser12556

I guess I missed the information about the double sprout days. :-( I had only one day of double sprouts. Oh well, I'll pay closer attention next time! However, I still feel that if you finish all the quests, you should get the third prize!

DeletedUser8259

I've finished all of the quests (except the dailies that are still happening) and opened SOME on double sprouts days. I was more interested in getting a certain daily prize than getting double sprouts and it seemed like the double sprouts were always for buildings/prizes I was not interested in, like the disappearing Mage building.

There's no way I'm getting that third prize in any of my cities. But I'm not stressing over it, I play a rather relaxed game, don't go crazy over numbers, etc.

qaccy

But, I agree that this should not be the only way to get that prize, because it requires an extra level of planning and patience to do that. Ideally, the 3rd grand prize should be available to anyone who completes the quest list by having the last quest award sprouts in addition to nuts.

It's not the only way, because you can always use diamonds/cash to obtain it as well. :) I don't really see a problem with it being set up the way it is. It's the 'ultimate' prize from the event, so having it require one to make a conscious decision that they want to obtain it with the tradeoff of eschewing most of the other event prizes is okay in my book. And the addition of these 'double grand prize progress' days is certainly a welcome improvement over previous events of this type!

Risen Malchiah

@qaccy That makes sense. And now that I see that I can actually achieve it quite easily with the double sprouts, I know that I also have a little wiggle room to open a few boxes on normal days as well, but not too many.

Well, I'm ready for the winter event now. :)

Risen Malchiah

After the Legendary Instants, there will be the temporary troop health building (with double sprouts), Traveling Merchant III, and the Flourishing Nut Cave (which now gives supplies or mana depending on chapter).

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
4 buildings today in 13 tries so a little better than 30%. And completed the 3rd grand prize. I wouldn't have picked today's building if not for double sprouts, but I'm content.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And again, the double sprouts are geared towards those who fight ... le sigh.
I'm guessing the best way to test if double sprouts is a sufficient motivator is to apply it on days when there are prizes that most previous players chose not to try for. If they had double sprouts on the same days the buildings most people want, they wouldn't really learn anything.

DeletedUser7370

I'm guessing the best way to test if double sprouts is a sufficient motivator is to apply it on days when there are prizes that most previous players chose not to try for. If they had double sprouts on the same days the buildings most people want, they wouldn't really learn anything.
There is a small problem with that logic. They changed the buildings to be much better than they were before. Both things have an effect and no one can separate which change lead to increased activity.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's not even close to perfect, but they'd learn nothing at all if they made double sprouts day the day that the Blue Tree Enclosure was up.

Edit: I'd say that even with the improvements, more than half of the players would not put the Unleashed Unit building at the top of they're "must obtain" list.

DeletedUser12171

My scorecard for this event

• Completed all sequential quests yesterday morning (2.5 days before end of event) with mild-moderate advance planning (waited a lot during the last round of Tier 1 goods quest)
  • Got all 3 grand prizes made possible by double sprout day
  • Non-double sprout daily prizes: 1x squirrel square, 1x blue tree enclosure, 2x mother dragon, 1x Grounds of Orc Strategist
  • Several very useful instances, including 5h/14h time instances and a bunch of other coins/supply ones, of which I have already used several
All these without spending any diamonds at all.

Am very satisfied with the way this event was designed. What I would have loved having more are the mother dragon, blue trees and orc strat grounds. Still, am not complaining, totally happy with what I got for absolutely free

Last edited by a moderator: