• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Eldrasil's Ascending

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Computers do not do anything unless the programming instructs them to do it. It is coded that way. Either intentionally or unintentionally, and any sort of unintentional result from a set of instructions is considered a bug.
The programming that displays the event notification is working. It's working at the wrong time. I beleie the most likely options are either 1) deliberately set it late, 2) accidentally set it late, or 3) someone has to manually trigger it because it's "too hard" to do via programming, and keeps getting it wrong. Two of those are dumb errors, none of them meet my definition of bugs. Now it's also possible that they have a time set in a variable, but are for some inexplicable* reason, performing calculations on the time, instead of just using it. That would be a bug. it would be inept design as well, but realistically, we have no reason to the think the coders are proof against inept design.

I don't think it's a bug, but it's a pretty small hill to die on, so am willing to go with it could be bug.

edit: * It occurs to me that in an effort to avoid predictability and leaks, maybe the system is deciding double-sprout days via a random, rather than them being fixed in code. In that case, they might, indeed, be performing math to generate a notification time. That still doesn't mean it's unintentional, but if it is not intended, and is done that way, it would definitely be a bug.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Having seen this thread, I now understand that the issue I've been talking about is probably not the issue other people have been talking about, and seems like a bug. My apologies for arguing with incomplete information.

DeletedUser7370

2) accidentally set it late, or 3) someone has to manually trigger it because it's "too hard" to do via programming
Bug for 2 because accidental errors are still bugs, and for 3 wow those must be the stupidest programmers in the history or computer programming. I have written a program to grab web pages, extract some data, and grab additional pages and data based on the first group and then do it all again for hundreds of cycles with error correction and reporting.

1) deliberately set it late
The only case where it is not a bug. And the answer at that point is that someone is an asshat.

Your pick bug or Elvenar is run by asshats.

Risen Malchiah

Time zones could be an issue as well maybe? Kinda like how my mana says it decays at 10pm, but it really decays at 4am Eastern.

But I also kinda think it could be for developers to gauge interest before/after the announcement. But that's not a good factor really since word-of-mouth is likely to be a bigger factor in people opening chests on these days. I just hope they don't think "Hey, people must LOOOVE these temporary buildings, they gambled all their nuts on them." Lol

DeletedUser6878

I finished the first series of quests :cool: :D

EA-finish.png

DeletedUser4865

I am grateful for Eldrasil's Ascending event - if only for the fact that for another few days I can look at a pleasant 'Game Loading' image. I am going to be SO bummed when the event ends and Inno reverts to that Gawd-awful "updated" load image of that smug, smarmy, and singularly unattractive princess.
I pray for a perpetual event!

DeletedUser9564

Dear Humans and Elves,

We would love to hear your feedback regarding our new autumn event as you progress through the questline.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
I am at quest 89 the 40 relic quest so I have only 2 more quests to do and then be done. According to my calculations even when I'm done I won't have enough nuts to open the 3rd grand prize. Am i missing something here?

DeletedUser7370

Am i missing something here?
Normally the 3rd grand prize is tantalizingly close but just out of reach. However, they added these double sprouts days to this event. If you open the boxes only on double sprouts days you are nearly guaranteed to have enough to get the 3rd GP. In fact many people have already done just that and received the prize. Look for a timer in the top right of your screen when viewing your city, and in the event window look for the +X to the right of each sprout for the boxes.

Risen Malchiah

Indeed, I focused my efforts on opening boxes on double sprouts days only and have already received the 3rd grand prize in 1 city, and I'm very close in another. But that meant that I had to sacrifice the option of gambling for other prizes and had to accept whatever the daily prizes available on the double sprouts days. For the next event, I will likely go back to just rolling on other daily prizes unless the 3rd prize is particularly good.

DeletedUser11823

To whom it may concern, I had saved over 1500 hazelnuts for days, went after ONE Daily exclusive building and ended up with.....17 instants (who needs that many?), 7 times 5KP, 4 runes shards, more hazelnuts (5 times, which saved the day a little) and THEN I got the building I wanted, so.........30 attempts, 30!!! Now I have less than 300 hazelnuts, and already finished quest 89 out of 91. I seriously doubt I'll have 1500 back in hours so I can have 30 more attempts to get today's Daily exclusive, and how about tomorrow? Very limited, people, very limited indeed, rotate the prizes a little more, you're stuck and so are we.

DeletedUser8187

I have enjoyed this event. This is the last time I mention this unless they make an appearance, NO UNICORNS!!!!
None of the quests have felt tedious, I didn't mind the beverages this time around. I think part of that is we didn't have multiple quest wanting us to make them. I feel the INNO crew did us proud on this one. :D

DeletedUser8709

With the help of my neighbors selling me some planks today, I passed the point in the sequential list of quests where I dropped out of the March of the Herds summer event in disgust, earning 11 more hazelnuts/sugar beets than were offered for the summer event's identical level. Because real life takes big chunks of my time, I may not make it to the end of the event's list of quests, and I certainly will not win the 3rd grand prize, but this event has been much more enjoyable than the last one. The quests are less punitive, and do more to advance the players in the game. Any event has challenges in finding ways to appeal to players at all levels of the game; an event should never inspire a disgust of the game or its developers. Other than its name that I cannot remember because it sounds like a decongestant, and its thinly developed story and characters, Eladril's Arising has surpassed the March of the Herds. The art on both events is amazing, but I really like how the landscape around my city changed to autumn. I hope that stays until the winter event begins.

teddeler

Newbie, here (chapter II when event started, now chapter III). Just thought I'd put in my two cents worth.

I am loving this event. Autumn is my favorite time of year and I love the leaf colors and theme of the prize buildings (I got the squirrel square, huzzah!). Please keep the autumn colors surrounding the town until winter - or possibly look into making the theme an optional choice under settings.
I have found the quest line challenging, fun, and frustrating, which is the point of a game (as long as it's not too frustrating :)).

Since everything about the event is a surprise bonus to a game I was already enjoying I have no real complaints.

I do, however, have an observation. As far as I can tell, there's no way to finish the quest line in time without actually knowing the upcoming quests - otherwise you get hung up on the quests that use up one or two days at a time. I was trying to figure it out on my own, guess which quests might be coming up from the pattern of what the previous quests were so I could prepare for them, got frustrated, went online to see how others were working it out and found the quest list. I'm very glad the list was available but if it's essential I would think there should be a reference to it in the game itself.
Also, again as far as I can tell, the only way to get the third grand prize (which, of course, I feel I must have in order to maximize my town's autumn theme :p) is by taking advantage of the double sprout days. I didn't quite figure this out in time. By my calculations if I manage to dump all the nuts I can gather on a double sprout day I will come up slightly short (so I hope there will be some way of picking up a few bonus nuts at some point;)). Again, for something so essential there's no reference to it in the game itself. For those who hang out on forums and are a part of fellowships where rumor and advice abounds this may not be a problem but I'm a bit more introverted (introverts, unite!).

Thanks very much for a great game and a great event.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's not easy to finish on time without some guesswork or information, especially in low chapters and if your city is packed tightly, but there is definitely time to do it, even allowing for lost time overnight or while at work.

DeletedUser12504

Normally the 3rd grand prize is tantalizingly close but just out of reach. However, they added these double sprouts days to this event. If you open the boxes only on double sprouts days you are nearly guaranteed to have enough to get the 3rd GP. In fact many people have already done just that and received the prize. Look for a timer in the top right of your screen when viewing your city, and in the event window look for the +X to the right of each sprout for the boxes.

So got a question, it appears in one of my cities to be offering double sprouts. My other city is not. I asked my wife to check her city on that world and it is offering double sprouts. Do you not get them once you start working on the 3rd building. I save up a bunch for double sprout day and I thought that was today but no go. I got no chance at the third building if there are no double sprouts for it.

DeletedUser7370

...it appears in one of my cities to be offering double sprouts. My other city is not. I asked my wife to check her city on that world and it is offering double sprouts.
You have more information than I. However, based on that information I can surmise it is randomized. I have had 2 double sprouts days so far. One was on the first set of time instants and the second was on the Magnificent Mage Multiplier. *shrug*