• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elemental Frustrations

• Thread starter DeletedUser6189
  • Start date

DeletedUser6189

I'm just wondering if this is common across all of the servers, or just mine (Elcy).

We seem to have ZERO producers of Moonstone on our server. Everyone is either Tree Gum or Platinum.

How am I supposed to progress through this chapter if my only access to a particular good is via the Wholesaler?

I now this is late to the party, but so far, I am NOT loving Elementals. It's a pretty chapter, to be sure. But first they nerf my T1 MFs by eliminating longer productions ... now they develop a system that relies on each server having a certain number of players producing special goods.

I'm not trying to start a big, negative pile on Inno with this thread, really. I'm just trying to figure out if I'm missing something that will allow me to get the goods I need easier.

DeletedUser6189

There are currently over 20 pages of trades posted for Moonstone on Elcy ... there is NOT ONE trade posted for any other S1 good.

Arayla

I use Sentient Goods on two different servers (but not Elcy). There seems to be one good that is in higher demand, and it is different on each server and changes over time. I've found that posting trades frequently for a single amount of 6000 (appears towards the top of the trader list but not *too* big) will usually be taken within a day, even if there are zero demands for that good. You are in luck too because Constructs (Ch. 14) will be released soon and it has heavy sentient goods requirements. All those players who are not currently trading because they have been finished with Amuni will start having lots of activity.

DeletedUser6189

What's stopping you from posting a trade and waiting for someone to pick it up?
Nothing ... nd that's what I'm doing.

But in my fellowship alone, we have three people who have had posted trades for Moonstone for well over a day now with no one picking them up. Meanwhile, the trade board is FULL of players posting trades for the very same thing. So now I'm competing for the trades, and it makes sense that players will trade with their fellows before they trade with outsiders. I finally scraped enough goods together to research the Portal ... then I had to wait a day to start building the thing because no one is trading the goods I need for it. :p

The issue isn't me posting the trades ... it's with the number of players producing the stuff that everyone seems to need.

@Balderdinger
You should never see all 3 of a sentient tier up at the same time.
This is what happens on a much larger scale.

I get that. I don't expect I'll ever see trades up for Moonstone, because it looks like that's the one on Elcy that is in the most demand. But I also feel like I shouldn't expect trades to sit for over a day unless the supply in Elcy is really that low.

In the end, I think I've found a pseudo-solution. I offer a little extra for 3-star trades so MINE get bumped to the top of the list when those players decide to trade. :D

DeletedUser2959

I've been done with Amuni for awhile but I keep making sentient goods just to help folks out. The seeds just decay anyway.

In the end, I think I've found a pseudo-solution. I offer a little extra for 3-star trades so MINE get bumped to the top of the list when those players decide to trade. :D

You just discovered the Elvenar Law of Supply and Demand. Congratulations, you're a capitalist. :p

DeletedUser6189

You just discovered the Elvenar Law of Supply and Demand. Congratulations, you're a capitalist. :p

I had a professor at seminary who would hold unannounced reading quizzes. So every day you came to class you didn't know if there would be a quiz and everyone was always nervous about it.

The professor explained one day why he does that. He said, "I know you guys all have tons of reading to do every night with all your classes. It's way more work than anyone can reasonably keep up with. Inevitably, you're going to have make choices about what you're going to read and what you're not going to read. I do these reading quizzes because when you sit down to read ... I want to make sure you read mine first." ;)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Balderdinger I'm in Elcy and just entered Elementals. I'm boosted in platinum, and feel the same way about it! But I learned long ago not to wait on others to post up stuff I need. It's been over a year that any trades I post for regular goods are 3star trades at a 10% discount (so offer 5000, demand 4500) and I started doing that straight away with the platinum. I make up the excess I need by keeping a MM spell running on my 1 sentient factory & since I've done it from the beginning it never feels like it's hard to maintain. We'll see how well this works when I get to actually building the settlement and trying to make/trade for enough to keep up with upgrades/research/etc...:oops:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Balderdinger
You should never see all 3 of a sentient tier up at the same time.
Because these trades are global,the 3rd player never offers.
E.g.
you offer plat
Ted offers gum
I have moonstone, but I do not offer it, instead I take offers

This is what happens on a much larger scale.

People are lazy and sometimes just go in and throw up trades without taking the time to see what is available. Because of this, I have seen trades for all three at the same time on Arendyll. Not many at one time, but it does happen. And this is two-star trades, not the garbage trades.

Edit: @Balderdinger It is not just your server. The newer the server, the fewer players on it and the fewer players that far into the game. I am sure we can ask the players here who started Elementals when it was introduced, how tough it was to get the sentient goods at first on all the servers.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4692

Im having the same problem. There are 76 pages in the trader and everyone wants moonstones. What trades are not moonstones are just regular trades and of those 76 pages 90% are trades for people wanting moonstones. I have been stuck for 4 days now at the same tech. I can not move forward I have put trades up to try and get moonstones but nothing. Because that is what everyone wants.

DeletedUser6189

Im having the same problem. There are 76 pages in the trader and everyone wants moonstones. What trades are not moonstones are just regular trades and of those 76 pages 90% are trades for people wanting moonstones. I have been stuck for 4 days now at the same tech. I can not move forward I have put trades up to try and get moonstones but nothing. Because that is what everyone wants.

I have found that offering 3-star trades for Moonstone gets you to the front of the list, and helps get those trades taken faster.

ALSO ... posting the trades well before when you will need them is good to have a store built up.

ALSO ... the arrival of Constructs should help because more of the players who are capable of even making this stuff are trading more. That also increases the competition though, so make sure to offer incentive for others to take YOUR trades.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have found that offering 3-star trades for Moonstone gets you to the front of the list, and helps get those trades taken faster.

ALSO ... posting the trades well before when you will need them is good to have a store built up.

ALSO ... the arrival of Constructs should help because more of the players who are capable of even making this stuff are trading more. That also increases the competition though, so make sure to offer incentive for others to take YOUR trades.

Also, the bigger the trade, the closer it is to the top of the list.

I have seen the same thing happen on my world, except with the Elven Gum/.Sap/ whatever it is called. A few days into the release of Constructs and trades for the other two disappeared.