• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elementals

qaccy

The thing is if there are a lot of trades
offering resource #1
offering resource #2
you will never find a trade offering resource #3 because those players have no need to post-- they just accept what is already up.
If they do post, the trades will likely get snapped up before you see them.

But that still means there are a disproportionate number of people with Platinum, yes? If it was all equal or even close to equal then there wouldn't be such a significant discrepancy here. What it looks like is that Platinum boosts have to post and hope their offers get picked up, while anyone with either Moonstone or Tree Gum simply has to open the trader and pick up the trades that Platinum players are essentially flooding the market with.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
But that still means there are a disproportionate number of people with Platinum, yes?
Maybe. Probably, even. But we don't know why there's an imbalance at this particular moment, or whether it will continue. And whether it is intentional or unintentional.

qaccy

@Ashrem For what it's worth, I was kidding when I suggested that players were erroneously given platinum boosts when they shouldn't have been. It's just interesting to me that apparently most of the active late-game players (in US1/Arendyll at least) are ones with a marble/platinum boost.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Don't forget the an imbalance can be created by production imbalances. If there were 10 players of each boost but the platinum players all built 3 factories and the others 1-2 factories you are going to see a mass oversupply of platinum. This effect can work in reverse and you see it easily in fellowships trying to balance their boosts. 4 players is normally too small of one boost but if those players are "overproducing" compared to the others then it still works.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I'm in Elcysandir and my T4 is Moonstone. I've only posted trades a couple of times because what I need almost always has trades posted already. I'm not sure how moonstone demand ranks but it looks like there are more offerings for treegum than platinum. I'm not sure how Inno could plan how trades work out since it will change over time when more players make it to Elementals. I did have to use the trader once in the beginning and hope not to need to do that but it is always there as a not so good alternative.

Adding: I agree with Mykan. Players' styles would have a big influence. I have always focused on upgrading when it became available in the tech tree. It is really slow now but I have upgraded 2 of 3 T4 and upgrading the 3rd one tonight. I've looked at others who have trades posted and I'm usually seeing 2 T4 not upgraded yet. That's another thing that should level things out some

Last edited:

DeletedUser2207

On Felyndral it started out with everyone needing platinum (there was 11 pages of trades asking for it at one point), now all 9 pages of t4 posts are asking for moonstone

DeletedUser1766

I also find that everyone seems to be offering platinum and I am having a hard time getting the tree sap. I have never seen a post for people wanting platinum. I would not mind so much if the goods did not decay but every time I post I worry that the trade will not be filled before decay. I put up lots of platinum trades but I can wait hours hoping to get the trade filled. We have only 1 player in our fellowship producing tree sap and a couple producing moon stone.

I find it odd that so many people in this chapter are boosted platinum. It seems very unbalanced and it is very frustrating. I struggled with the size of the new settlement but worked out a plan but there is nothing I can do about no one trading goods that will decay before I can use them to build. The risk is that I put up the trades early to try and catch the few players who are offering the tree gum but by the time I am ready to use it to build it is no longer enough for the building I need and so I need to put up more trades and so on. I seriously fail to understand why these were made to decay when the trades are unbalanced.

DeletedUser1766

So it varies from world to world but the problem remains that there is a shortage of at least one good on each world and that is a problem when so much is needed and the product decays. I have started posting trades well ahead of the time I need it because it take take over a day to gain enough and in that time you lose 10% so you need to seek at least 10% more than you need. I do wonder if they thought the trade problem through enough.

DeletedUser3507

I know that's why I suggested that all worlds should trade back and forth at least temporarily to this problem goes away. (For Elemental goods only)

@SoogyShorts told me that's against the rules, I said this is not a normal problem and the rules should be changed to reflect the Elemental goods shortage at least to the situation is no more

DeletedUser1766

I cannot see them allowing world to world trading but they should do something. If they stopped the decay it would still be difficult but at least you would not have to watch your trades vanish while waiting for a trade.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Nimbrethil
No matter what, every server will have a shortage of 1 good type, there is nothing inno could do about that.
Even if productions were 100% perfectly balanced, whoever got to the trader 3rd would not post up a trade, they would instead take one.

If you were on a server that had a gum shortage, and you made gum, would you bother posting trades, or just accept the 3 star trades that are already posted?
Same situation for every server, everywhere.
@SoogyShorts told me that's against the rules, I said this is not a normal problem and the rules should be changed to reflect the Elemental goods shortage at least to the situation is no more
I also said there was a reason for the rule, let's not take things out of context.

DeletedUser1766

I am aware of this and we have this problem in my fellowship as we only have 1 person producing gum. As a result she tries very hard to meet the fellowship needs first. This means that she does not post trades unless necessary.

DeletedUser3507

Reasons smeasons, Inno needs to do something tired of having to pay a premium to get platnium

DeletedUser3507

Like cross world Elemental goods trade, Yes I am stuck on that. :DAt least temporarilly
Ya right on waiting lol

This would be classified as a temporary fix only good for lets say 3 months.

I am stuck on the fact that we will only get 2 chapter a year, so maybe 6 months.
And this fix would only take minor programing for it to work.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Like cross world Elemental goods trade Yes I am stuck on that.
Ew, I still hate it.
Just a few of the flaws with that idea:
1. There are far too many players that have accounts on multiple servers.
For example: even just between me and my wife on just K&W, we have all 3 goods between those 4 cities, so you would see ZERO trades posted by us unless you were lightning quick. So instead of gaining 2 new cities for you to trade with, you would lose 2 trading partners.

2. In those "3-6 months" that you are suggesting we allow cross-world trades, hundreds of players will enter chapter 12 to be met with hundreds of advanced friends, fellows and even strangers that now have a greatly reduced need for T4, or even none at all. These players can easily dish out the T4 goods to those new players, greatly reducing the challenge of the chapter, and cheapening the game.
We are the pioneers of this chapter, all those who follow will have it much easier, as we will be feeding our upcoming fellows with 4:1 trades since we no longer need T4. Enjoy the challenge of being a trailblazer, embrace it!

3. Allowing any good to be crossworld traded allows all goods to be crossworld traded.
-"I'll give you 10,000 plat on Winy via 4:1 trades if you give me 100,000 gems on Khel via 4:1 trades"

4. Not all servers are at the same level of progress, due to age.
-"You have a huge city in Aren, and a baby in Cery, I have a huge city in Cery and a baby in Aren, let's make trades, ok?"
Do you think players on the new servers (6&7) want to compete with players that can get goods from US1&US2 main accounts?

5. I think you are wrong about it taking "minor programming". Inno is very slow to implement any new programming, and I for one don't want them to waste what little resources they do have on trying to implement a fix for a problem that will resolve itself faster than any change would actually be implemented.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It is practically impossible to have an exact balance of anything where there is a finite supply of multiple items. A simple understanding of economics of trading reveals that at any given time, one of the goods is going to be in shorter supply than the others. Whether your trading area is 100 people, or a million people, there will always be one item that is more needed than the others. This is obvious if you pay attention to the supply of goods in your trader during and after a tournament.

There is only a problem for those who's play style involves getting through the tech tree as fast as they can, which is the exact opposite of Inno's goal, which is to get us to slow down so they don't have to devote too many resources, too quickly, to creating new content.

Cross-world trading helps less than 1% of the players, while opening potential problems for both Inno and the other 99% of players, who don't need big, organized groups having the ability (i'm not saying that many would try to do it, but there are thousands of human beings involved) to manipulate the market by shunting goods between worlds to create scarcity of some goods on some servers while accelerating their growth on others.

qaccy

@Ashrem Understandable, but backwards, at least on Arendyll. It's not one good that's rare, it's one good that's exceedingly common. BOTH Moonstone and Tree Gum are basically out of stock compared to Platinum. To the point where I even see Moonstone<->Tree Gum trades sitting for some time before being picked up/disappearing.