• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elementals

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I'm not really having a problem that I don't run into with T3 at times. I guess it is due to where I am on the map and due to moving back to my original FS with lower level players but, for example, I wiped out my gems. My T3 boosted is dust. It has been weeks of trying to get gems back up to where I want them and sometimes it takes until next day for my trades to be picked up. So while I sometimes have to wait on the T4 trades and check often it just seems like a pretty normal part of the game.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Ashrem Understandable, but backwards, at least on Arendyll. It's not one good that's rare, it's one good that's exceedingly common. BOTH Moonstone and Tree Gum are basically out of stock compared to Platinum. To the point where I even see Moonstone<->Tree Gum trades sitting for some time before being picked up/disappearing.
One good looks exceedingly common, because that's the one you are seeing. You'd need to see the totality of all trades in order to find out if it is even a little out of balance. The first time someone gets tired of waiting and posts a favorable deal involving platinum, the people who have the other goods are incentivized to hang on to their goods for favorable offers. Thus any offer of platinum which isn't 3 star will get ignored. Piles of platinum sitting around at 2 stars then make the problem look worse.

Interfering in markets is exactly what gets so many real governments in trouble. I get that it's frustrating for the players getting currently the short straw, but the chapter is new, and the game can afford to wait a month before considering program changes to fix impatient players. I suggest for a week or two sit on your platinum and go back to what you were doing before Elementals dropped.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Another thing to factor in is that many players in elementals are in a fairly similar spot in the tech tree so all requiring the same sort of goods at a similar time. I have noticed US1 moves around on what it is short. While it was moonstone it is currently tree gum and last night (i think) it was platinum. We just need to give it time for more producers and a greater spread of demand on goods to have a better sense of it. I think when people start hitting end of tech it will again influence the supply of different goods depending on peoples approach.

SunsetDanar

I have 8 fully upgraded marble, built 4 steel to lvl 23...expecting to drop 4 of my marbles over the chapter and have 4 of each...the info currently out there seems to indicate this is a reasonable choice...if someone has info as to why I should reconsider...please educate me!
I'd be interested in a definitive answer to this as well. I'm just on the brink of S&D so need to prepare. Four marble at max upgrade is really more than I currently require but do I now need to plan for four more marble or build and upgrade four steel factories? Common sense (If such actually exists in the realm of Elvenar) suggests that I will now have two goods to produce from the same factories so I must now need twice as many, at a minimum, or perhaps even one additional since sentient goods decay. So the next question is, since only my boosted will allow production of sentient goods and the +1 (steel) does not, why do I need that factory?

SunsetDanar

This has probably already been addressed but I'm just too danged lazy to look for it. Is cross tier trading for unlike goods allowed? Is this what Ashrem was addressing in his comment? Sit on product until it becomes valuable? Is this Wall Street?

Last edited:

SunsetDanar

So by the spreadsheet, which I'll assume is correct, it is simply a matter of preference as to how one intends to approach the chapter...There really is no "correct" way...At least not at the moment.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So by the spreadsheet, which I'll assume is correct, it is simply a matter of preference as to how one intends to approach the chapter...There really is no "correct" way...At least not at the moment.
If you assume that speed is the goal, then the best way is to try and increase your production of whatever it says in "C2" on that sheet, but yeah the chapter is actually pretty straightforward once you have your manifestations built.

More on sentient goods:
a single level 24 T4 makes over 20,000 goods per day (with MM spell)
the whole chapter needs ~500K T4 (including settlement, techs, and upgrades)
That's 25 days, or about a month counting decay.
If you have 2 you can do it in under 14 weeks days.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3580

I'm running 5 moonstone keeping up with trades, will be done with chapter 12 in 2 weeks, IMHO this has been the easiest chapter to date. The more canals the better,

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I have no idea what I'm doing so different but I have 3 T4 upgraded to lever 26 and I am still working on having enough T4 goods to upgrade to level 27. It takes almost 1 day for each upgrade including waiting for trades. It looks like it will take about a day for each of my T1 upgrades and I have 7 at level 24 and 1 that has to go at level 23. I am just treading water on my T1 goods because of upgrading and research. That alone makes mine so it will take a lot longer than 2 weeks just to upgrade factories. IDK what the difference is but I'm glad to be chugging along and not in a rush now that I have something to do since we got Elementals.

I'm not finding it necessary to upgrade my T4 factories right away. I just have two, and am doing fine with them. Have only upgraded one to level 23 so far. I'm also going to wait on T1 upgrades, probably until the end of the chapter. I'm putting my efforts into the tech tree and the settlement instead. For me, there will be time, and more resources, later to upgrade T1 and T4.

I agree with you about chugging along on the chapter. No need to be in a big hurry, since we won't get another one for quite a while!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Yeah, I know it isn't necessary. I see a lot of players who don't upgrade when it is available. I've just always seen it as a fun aspect of new chapters to rearrange and upgrade my buildings when I unlock the research to do so. Kind of like redecorating at home. A new look to go along with a new guest race :) That has just became a normal part of the challenge to me.

SoggyShorts

I have no idea what I'm doing so different
Yeah it's the upgrades. To make enough T4 for techs and settlement buildings you can get by with 1 level 24 T4.
If you want to upgrade 3 T4 and 8 T1 to max, that is another 1,700,000 T4 goods:eek:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Yeah it's the upgrades. To make enough T4 for techs and settlement buildings you can get by with 1 level 24 T4.
If you want to upgrade 3 T4 and 8 T1 to max, that is another 1,700,000 T4 goods:eek:

I knew I answered my own question. But Holy Moses! 1.7M? :eek: It will be a little less because I meant I have to sell off the level 23 T1 to finish my settlement. Still an intimidating number but I'm sure there will be plenty of time before another chapter :rolleyes:

SoggyShorts

I knew I answered my own question. But Holy Moses! 1.7M?
Yeah it's an interesting choice for this chapter.

A level 24 makes ~20K/day
A level 27 makes ~25K/day
The upgrades from 24-27 cost ~150K T4

Meaning you need about 30 days of Level 27 production to make up for the goods you spent upgrading.

With a full month before you get any R.O.I., at a cost of 2200 more population, I might never upgrade my T4.....except, like you said: "there will be plenty of time before another chapter":p

@Deborah: I agree, upgrading is a lot of fun! I'm usually an upgrading fiend, just as soon as I research the tech. But not this time, at least with T1 and T4. The new elemental buildings are fun, so it will be great to get them upgraded at the end of the chapter when I have more resources to do it.

In particular I like the upgrades to the steel factories that I've observed in a few other peoples' cities. In the upgrade the molten steel comes from the factories' hand, rather than looking like vomit from his mouth!! LOL. That will be nice for me, since steel is my boost.