• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elementals

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@SoggyShorts Wait, now are you or @Arkadia right? You both say 1 AM, but you say Eastern (US) while they say Pacific (US).
Doh,1 AM PST
2 AM soggy time (the timezeone that matters)
It's always been something that happens when I sleep, so for the most part I ignore it (except when someone notices it about once a month)
yes I reported it as a bug
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/13002-mana-decay.6628/
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mana-decay-time-of-decay-wrong.7087/
Just one of those bugs inno doesn't care about.

DeletedUser3507

Inno bugs suck when they don't bother to fix them even after 6 months

SoggyShorts

Are you in Mountain Time (US) Soggy? I'm in Colorado (just checked mine and it indicates that my next decay would be at 8pm MT - huge difference there.
Yep, except even better than Mountain Time US, I'm in Canadian Mountain Time. (It's the same, but colder):)

4h15m from now would be 8pm for us, but it'll actually happen 6 hours after that.
It's a strange choice because it lines up with nothing. 10 am in Berlin? Why?
Maybe to make sure that Timon can spend his mana in the morning, even on weekends?

DeletedUser3507

According to Google Earth sort of looks that way, he's in that foreign country called Canada

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfSinger

4h15m from now would be 8pm for us, but it'll actually happen 6 hours after that.
It's a strange choice because it lines up with nothing. 10 am in Berlin? Why?

Agreed that makes no sense - I could understand if they did it at 12 noon in Germany - that would be a 12 hour split from the reset time.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yep, except even better than Mountain Time US, I'm in Canadian Mountain Time. (It's the same, but colder with Chinooks and fewer cockroaches)
Fixed that for you

Agreed that makes no sense - I could understand if they did it at 12 noon in Germany - that would be a 12 hour split from the reset time.
Off hand, The more things happening at the same time, the more you have to consider if something goes wrong with one of them, and the more load you're putting on your backend all at once, as it steps through to adjust a bunch of variables to the new value.

Chest reset is simply inserting a fixed variable in each account (3 chests available) Mana decay means doing math on every account with mana, to change a variable from x to .9x It's probably been scheduled for late in the server's local time in order to reduce the chance that it creates in-game slowness.

I bet European countries actually do experience manna decay at the time listed, since that is in the middle of the night in Europe. I'm thinking they implemented one clock countdown controller across all servers originally, and When they decided on having mana decay at different times, they found that doing separate controllers for the other servers may have repercussions that affect something else, which is why an apparently simple correction to the decay time hasn't been fixed.

Last edited:

Archlist

The decay happens at 4AM server time, both for the European and the US servers. The timer however indicates the decay time of the European server (@Ashrem is correct that when they first introduced Mana into the game, it used to decay at 4AM European time for all servers; they changed it to a server-dependent time a few weeks later, but never adjusted the in-game timer).

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I seem to remember from when the hurricane hit Florida it was mentioned that the US servers are in Florida? That would make it Eastern time zone

DeletedUser1108

It is 3AM for me in New Orleans, but I have people in my fellowship who claim that for them it is something like 8PM...I've given up trying to understand it at all - I have no reason to think they aren't seeing what they claim to be seeing and some who are on the same server as I, claim it hits them at an time irreconcilable to when I have watched it happen to me.

qaccy

Trader on US1 = 0 Moonstone offers, 1 Elven Tree Gum offer, 5 pages of Platinum offers

I wonder if they screwed something up from beta and just gave everyone a Platinum boost for Elementals. Only kidding, but still...I never knew so many high-level players had marble as their t1 boost.

SoggyShorts

Trader on US1 = 0 Moonstone offers, 1 Elven Tree Gum offer, 5 pages of Platinum offers
The thing is if there are a lot of trades
offering resource #1
offering resource #2
you will never find a trade offering resource #3 because those players have no need to post-- they just accept what is already up.
If they do post, the trades will likely get snapped up before you see them.

Mykan

Oh Wise One

The thing is if there are a lot of trades
you will never find a trade offering resource #3 because those players have no need to post-- they just accept what is already up.
If they do post, the trades will likely get snapped up before you see them.

What Soggy said. I have moonstone which my fellowship has been waiting on me to get to a point of trading, so I always have trades waiting for me to take and that is before I look at the other pages of trades. I have no doubt other moonstone people are in a similar situation.

It will take time for the number of people offering the resources and their own quantities to build up. Patience, generous trades, or developing trading partners are about the only choices.