• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Eliminate ridiculous and wasteful quest

Yogi Dave

I think, though, that it matters to some people. It's a frustration point, and I don't think it's a useful one. It doesn't teach the player anything about the internal characteristics of either the game or the storyline.
I hate to, but I have to agree. I suspect it's quests like I listed from Amuni has caused many people to not do story questlines. They don't even look at them except at the end as they skip them looking for the free diamonds. I don't think the 'donate' or 'deliver' type quests should exist as they are always counterproductive. If removed, some people might again do the quests.

However, in Amuni I was ahead of the storyline in guest goods production so when some quests came up to gather those goods, I was past needing them - ever. Again, this would cause some people to not do the story quests. Is there a general solution? Getting rid of the donate style quests seems good. The getting ahead of in the chapter where the devs thought people would be when the quest is encountered will be impossible or near impossible to prevent. As for weak rewards for the quests, yeah, they could be better, and some people need to see a distinctive profit for doing the quests.

A comment on the Amuni 'deliver' quests: The guest were royals who thought everyone only existed for them to lord over. These were payments for their goodwill. It doesn't mean I liked them or that the devs couldn't have done something different with the quests, but it actually made sense in that chapter. The guest demanded be given a lot of stuff (note the deliver, not donate in the quest's wording) from you only to toss you a moldy piece of bread and expect you to feel honored.

Zoof

Alternative suggestion: Get some poor sap to actually do the quests, then write down the quest flavor text and quest completion text so none of the rest of us will be tempted to become morbidly curious as to what happens on completion. After the cat gives you 1 coin, do they say "LOL U NOOB. FITE BTR NXT TIEM! GG NO RE"? Inquiring minds have to know~!

defiantoneks

woohoo easy diamonds :)

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 9.14.01 AM.png

Yogi Dave

Diamonds are almost always easy. In Amuni there are 5 quests for 40 diamonds each. Here's what you had to do for each:
Produce 1 Beverage
Gain 1 Divine Seed
Gain 1 Mana
Buy 1 Knowledge Point
Spend1 Knowledge Point
After the torture of the quest line, you got these.

Yogi Dave

By that, you mean ignore them all until you’ve unlocked the next chapter so you can cancel all of the annoying ones, right?
No. Do it for the pain! Actually, I only did it in 1 of the 2 cities I was playing at the time. There was enough pain. All previous chapters I did the quest in both cities. Now, there is only time to play 1 city.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
No. Do it for the pain! Actually, I only did it in 1 of the 2 cities I was playing at the time. There was enough pain. All previous chapters I did the quest in both cities. Now, there is only time to play 1 city.
You must be one of those that do it to build character...
calvin_hobbes_shoveling.jpg

Lakarakka

i have never liked the idea of quests in the first place. quests are unneeded and an unnecessary part of the game imo. the ones that cannot be declined and particularly those of which that you must go back and rebuild something in order to clear it are especially annoying and detract greatly from my enjoyment of the game.
even from the very start though, i have disliked the way they attempt to lead you with the quest. i have largely disregarded them, because for one thing they offer very little. but the farther i get, now completing woodelves, the more i am beginning to see that these quests might actually become such an important part of the game that they dictate your play or even become a required part of the game that cannot be ignored in order to advance beyond a certain point. i hope not.
one of the things i like about elvenar is the usually unrestricting, open style of game play. except for these stupid quest. i would be happier if i could just disable them entirely. or at least make it so that they can all be declined or have different wording so that you don't have to go back and rebuild if you have already completed whatever the quest is asking for

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
i have never liked the idea of quests in the first place. quests are unneeded and an unnecessary part of the game imo. the ones that cannot be declined and particularly those of which that you must go back and rebuild something in order to clear it are especially annoying and detract greatly from my enjoyment of the game.
even from the very start though, i have disliked the way they attempt to lead you with the quest. i have largely disregarded them, because for one thing they offer very little. but the farther i get, now completing woodelves, the more i am beginning to see that these quests might actually become such an important part of the game that they dictate your play or even become a required part of the game that cannot be ignored in order to advance beyond a certain point. i hope not.
one of the things i like about elvenar is the usually unrestricting, open style of game play. except for these stupid quest. i would be happier if i could just disable them entirely. or at least make it so that they can all be declined or have different wording so that you don't have to go back and rebuild if you have already completed whatever the quest is asking for
You do know that the mandatory chapter quests can be declined when you reach the next chapter?

Yogi Dave

i have never liked the idea of quests in the first place. quests are unneeded and an unnecessary part of the game imo.
Yes they are unneeded, but I like the stories they tell if you read what they are saying. But many people don't like them and you can ignore them as @Lelanya said. The only problem with ignoring them is you have to do the first tech in the next chapter before they can be declined. That's not much of a problem if there is a next chapter ready for you. Just watch for diamond quests or the simple ones you can immediately do. Those of us at the end of chapters have to wait until the next chapter is available and do that 1st quest before we can start declining them.

cyclamen

I have a quest in halflings that I can't figure out. It says to deliver 1000 orcs. I collect orcs but nothing happens. Not sure how to "deliver" orcs. Any thoughts?

Pheryll

Set Designer
Press on deliver, and then the + symbol. They are a sacrifice, as it were.
All story line quests are declinable when you get to the next chapter, if this amount breaks the bank.

@cyclamen already figured it out on his own when he started a new thread. I posted the answer just seconds before he posted his discovery.