• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Eliminate ridiculous and wasteful quest

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Personally, I find most of the quests not worth the rewards given, but since I like to complete all of them anyway, I ignore what I'm getting and just carry on.

On the other hand, nothing prevents you from getting to the next chapter, leaving your guest race up and running and completing the ones you wish to complete and skipping the ones you don't, right? So maybe that's the "solution" you need. Just do the ones you want once you enter the next chapter.

AJ

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
On the other hand, nothing prevents you from getting to the next chapter, leaving your guest race up and running and completing the ones you wish to complete and skipping the ones you don't, right? So maybe that's the "solution" you need. Just do the ones you want once you enter the next chapter.
The issue I've found with that strategy is that in the meantime there will be other quests which I could have (or did) complete, but can't get credit for because I've moved on and now the only way to fill them is with even more meaningless productions which are no longer needed to finish the chapter.

So that is a "solution" but a poor one. A good solution is for them to stop having any quests asking players to "donate" goods.

defiantoneks

they're a) teaching you how to manage productions for the guest race and b) slowing you down, on purpose.
there are always tasks to "teach" and help you build the habits needed, and recognition of resources used (and thereby needed) for pretty much any game process whether it's guest related or otherwise (ie, the beginning chapters).
yes it's wasteful. that's the point. one of those "lesson learned" things.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
they're a) teaching you how to manage productions for the guest race and b) slowing you down, on purpose.
there are always tasks to "teach" and help you build the habits needed, and recognition of resources used (and thereby needed) for pretty much any game process whether it's guest related or otherwise (ie, the beginning chapters).
yes it's wasteful. that's the point. one of those "lesson learned" things.
It's fine to think we know why they're doing it. That doesn't stop us from asking them to stop it. It's not good just because it exists.

Shae-Leigh

Rushing in Place
In chapter 16 there is a required quest to "donate" 1000 each of Purple Tea and Strawberry Beers

Making these takes several thousand orcs and mana, in exchange for which you get 10 X 3 minute instants.

this is a wasteful quest which should be removed or replaced.
I think it would be fine for the quest, if the prize would reflect the resources going into it. I remember some of those in the Amuni chapter that the prize was like, 1 coin.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The god-awful seeds donation stopped me in my tracks. I wasn't about to donate a stupid amount of seeds for a three minute timer. I don't like the ones asking me to donate a ton of sentient goods, either. I got one of those in 17. It's utterly ridiculous to throw stupid amounts of precious goods away for a broken shard or something idiotic. I don't care why they do it. And if they really are doing it to slow a person down, they're shooting themselves in the foot. Chapter 17 took me 8 months to complete, and I'm here 6x a day at least. If they think that I need to be slowed down even more than that without totally losing interest, then I've got a bridge to sell them.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I think it would be fine for the quest, if the prize would reflect the resources going into it. I remember some of those in the Amuni chapter that the prize was like, 1 coin.
I remember that 1 coin one; gosh, I had to laugh when I got that one. But then again, it stopped me in my tracks and made me wait until the chapter was over before I could move on in quests. I simply won't throw away goods, knowing I can skip in the next chapter.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The issue I've found with that strategy is that in the meantime there will be other quests which I could have (or did) complete, but can't get credit for because I've moved on and now the only way to fill them is with even more meaningless productions which are no longer needed to finish the chapter.

So that is a "solution" but a poor one. A good solution is for them to stop having any quests asking players to "donate" goods.

I'm still a little dense, I guess but I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you give me an example of a quest which "[you] could have (or did) complete, but [didn't] get credit for because {you've} moved on and now the only way to fill them [was] with even more meaningless production, which [were] no longer needed to finish the chapter?"

Thanks,

AJ

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm still a little dense, I guess but I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you give me an example of a quest which "[you] could have (or did) complete, but [didn't] get credit for because {you've} moved on and now the only way to fill them [was] with even more meaningless production, which [were] no longer needed to finish the chapter?"
You get stuck on a quest that says donate 1000 strawberry bear, then when you start doing/rejecting the quests after the chapter is done, you get "produce 2000 statutes to receive XXXXXXXXXXXXX" which would have been trivial during the intervening weeks (because finishing the chapter required an additional 18000 statutes after the stuck quest), but you no longer need any statutes so it would take more wasted resources to finish that one and it gets rejected as well.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I want the prize to reflect the requirements. I agree with Ashrem in that respect. I want the ability to decline ANY quest I choose. I'm also tired of the quests that ask for a one day production when I can't do that if I upgrade my manu's passed level 23. Make those quests reflect the chapter you are in. I don't like the 'pay in' quests anyway. I DEFINITELY want to decline those.

Yogi Dave

Amuni, chapter 13, has the most 'deliver' quest as I remember. That questline was the most difficult one, but I did it well, because it is part of the game I like. It had a good story to tell with it too.

Deliver 5,000 Orcs ----- 2 Crystal Relics 2 Scrolls Relics 2 Silk Relics
Deliver 20,000 Divine Seeds ----- 1 coin (Well worth it, LOL)
Deliver 5,000,000 Coins ----- 4 Time Instants 3 minutes
Deliver 10,000,000 Coins ----- 3 Time Instants 7 minutes
Deliver 20,000 Arcane Ink ----- 20,000 Scrolls
Deliver 20,000 Royal Velvet ----- 20,000 Silk
Deliver 20,000 Obsidian ----- 20,000 Crystal
Deliver 15,000,000 Coins Collect 100,000 Grave Goods ----- 5 KPs

Frustrating? Yes, to say the least. However, frustration is part of Elvenar.

As far as the rewards being worth the work, to me that doesn't matter. Everything is ultimately free except the time it takes you to perform the quests. ... and yes, that leads back to frustrating. Nice to have a forum we can vent and hope they change.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
As far as the rewards being worth the work, to me that doesn't matter. Everything is ultimately free except the time it takes you to perform the quests. ... and yes, that leads back to frustrating. Nice to have a forum we can vent and hope they change.
I think, though, that it matters to some people. It's a frustration point, and I don't think it's a useful one. It doesn't teach the player anything about the internal characteristics of either the game or the storyline.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
As prediected. Chapter XVI finished, quest rejected, now I get "brew 10k beer for 20,000 free Velvet, followed by serve 10k tea for 20,000 free Ink. Both of which (and several other quests) could have been easily accomplished before, but now get rejected as it's pointless taking a couple of days and burning manna and supplies on beer and tea I don't need.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
"Even worse: Donate 20,000,000 coins to get 1 free KP. " Spending the 20mil coins will get me 7 kp. That's an utterly stupid quest.

defiantoneks

perhaps it's better to consider the payments and rewards as an average. so yeah, you may have to pay X to get something less than exciting, but as lamented, it opens the door for a better reward that you may otherwise miss.