• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Carnival discussion

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I only received it once as a daily prize (day one). Though it is also a grand prize.
Today's prize, just one 8 hr time boost, doesn't seem like the best prize to put on the weekend, when more people play.
Yes, I clarified my comment that it was a grand prize. Sorry for the confusion. I also got today's "daily prize" the one boost of 8 hours. Boy that seems like a letdown all right, particularly since I got the 4 boosts a few days ago. I wonder why they would do that.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I was offered it twice in this event so far. On day one I got it and again yesterday. The grand prizes keep rotating through a set of prizes. I don't think it was a daily prize ... I think it's part of the grand prize cycle.
It does appear in grand prizes, more than once, but was also offered as the daily on day one, and on no other day, apparently.

Daiman Rahl

Yeah, 1x8h daily is real. The only way how I could make sense of this is that it is a beta placeholder for something else on live. Apparently, the joke's on us...
I just hope enough players read these posts are avoiding trying to go for the daily prize. It's not worth it. Wait for the 4x 8hr boost, then it's worth going for it.
What I cannot beleave is they actual are using this daily twice during the event. On day 22 it's the same prize again. A joke.

AtaguS

Today's prize, just one 8 hr time boost, doesn't seem like the best prize to put on the weekend, when more people play.
I've been hearing a lot of chatter about needing a major amount of sentient goods in the latest chapter, and time boosts being one of the only ways to acquire them...pehaps these time boost prizes are more targetted to the advanced cities. although, as they can be crafted and won in the spire quite regularly, I do agree they are not as valuable as when they first appeared in the game.

KarlD

I have mixed feelings about this event.
1) I prefer this general format with the 3 chests that give definite amounts of flags rather than the separate step of getting a random number of flags/bricks like in the previous event.
2) I kind of prefer the random quests even though this format is easier to progress through since I can get the quest list and 2221plan ahead.
3) I'm not excited about the prizes. I really don't care if I get enough artifacts since I don't plan to place it regardless. None of the daily prize buildings are better than buildings I already have placed or still in inventory. I'm really looking to replace existing buildings with more productive ones. I used to like getting time instants, but now I'm getting so many from the Spire of Eternity that I really don't need them. That leaves me with things like 10x Magical Manufacturing, 20% Portal Profits, and 30KP. I'm happy enough to win those things as it's better to have them than not, but nothing especially exciting. If I totally skipped this event there's nothing I'd regret missing out on like I would a Fire Phoenix or Brown Bear.

KarlD

I've been hearing a lot of chatter about needing a major amount of sentient goods in the latest chapter, and time boosts being one of the only ways to acquire them...pehaps these time boost prizes are more targetted to the advanced cities. although, as they can be crafted and won in the spire quite regularly, I do agree they are not as valuable as when they first appeared in the game.
I recently completed Chapter 15. I didn't use too many time instants, but when I did I used 1 and 2 hour instants on 3hr productions rather than 1 and 8 hour instants on 9 hour productions because 3hr productions give you so much more goods per hour. Although it's too late now I would say that the best prize to go for to get through chapter 15 would have been 10x MM spells. A MM spell gives 50% more goods for 13hours. That's like getting 6 more hours of goods per spell if you did 3hr productions. Ten of them would be like 60 hours of goods. That will give you more goods than 4x8hr time instants which is basically 24 hours of goods. (I know that's weird math, but if you use 8hr instants you need to do 9hr productions. 9hr production produce as much goods as 2x 3hr productions so each 8hr instant gives only about 6 hours of goods so 4x6=24 hours of goods). If you build and upgrade the Elvenar Trading Center the MM spells become even more productive. It should also be noted that using time instants requires that you have the necessary seeds to run the factories for those hours. Increasing production using MM spells does not require additional seeds. I only mention this as something to keep in mind for future events or perhaps if you have the choice between crafting time instants and MM spells.

Because I had lots of Portal Profits I didn't need a settlement for most of the chapter and that left me plenty of space to build 4 T6 factories which, along with MM spells, helped tremendously. But that is not really as many goods as it may seem because in Sinya Arda there is a terrible imbalance of trade for Silly Soap, which is my boost, looking for other T6 goods, especially Shrooms. At the moment I must offer a 50% bonus of Soap to get Shrooms to get a trade taken and that can still take a while. It's very frustrating and this imbalance will last for the foreseeable future unless they decide to offer a building in the Spire that produces Shrooms like they have ones that produce Scrolls and Tree Gum. I'm so jealous of Shrooms producers because not only do they NOT have to wait for trades because the vast majority of trades in the trader are looking for Shrooms, but they typically get 10%-50% bonus on their trades. A Soap producer will need at least twice as much production as a Shrooms producer to make the same progress in Chapter 15 in Sinya Arda. I have no idea what T6 trading is like in other worlds. I recommend building at least 2x T6 factories and more if you have the space, pop, and seeds to do so.

The Unbeliever

I would think that late-game players would prefer the 20% PP's vs. the 4x 8hr time boosters for quickly progressing through the guest race chapters myself...
Skipping out entirely on the whole 'collect A -> makes B/C/D -> refines into X/Y/Z' and instead just going strait to the 'X/Y/Z' is just so much easier, and allows the city instead to just focus on the main goods production required for the researches vs. having to balance BOTH the giganormous guest race buildings + added manufactory requirements. ;)

AtaguS

I recently completed Chapter 15.
Wow, this is all great info and I now have a game plan. Thank you! I'm not so nervous heading into that chapter anymore. I've been building a good stock of mm spells and will now focus on advancing my ETC. The portal profit suggestion is huge...I have so many of those and have never really given them much attention.

KarlD

I would think that late-game players would prefer the 20% PP's vs. the 4x 8hr time boosters for quickly progressing through the guest race chapters myself...
Skipping out entirely on the whole 'collect A -> makes B/C/D -> refines into X/Y/Z' and instead just going strait to the 'X/Y/Z' is just so much easier, and allows the city instead to just focus on the main goods production required for the researches vs. having to balance BOTH the giganormous guest race buildings + added manufactory requirements. ;)
I agree. It was pretty great being able to sell off my entire settlement except my level 4 portal pretty early on. I think I needed about 2300% worth of Portal Profits to do that once I got my portal to level 4. Of course you're going to want to be super duper extra sure you won't need anything except Portal Profit goods before selling your settlement. Also check mandatory storyline quests to make sure you can complete the remaining ones without having a settlement. I don't know if it saved me any time, it still took me about 4 months to finish the chapter, but like you said it was nice to only have to deal with accumulating the ginormous amounts of T6 goods and not have to deal with the settlement and its multiple generations of goods.

Deleted User - 3932582

I think I needed about 2300% worth of Portal Profits to do that once I got my portal to level 4.
I believe it is a lot less than that. The whole chapter is about 1600% PP IIRC.

I would think that late-game players would prefer the 20% PP's vs. the 4x 8hr time boosters
Only if you don't have enough already. Once you have required amounts of PP, the rest is useless. With Spire, and permanent PP producers my average PP production is > 15% a day without any expiring PP producers. At least timeboosters can be used for troop production.

Deleted User - 1178646

What am I missing? I've got 5 from the Fire phoenix, but that's it
5% /2d from fire feniks and icebear

The Tower of Eternity also rewards a bunch of PP, and if you find a purple chest that can be as much as 50% PP enough for 10 of MinMax games days :p
but 10 en 15% PP are also not uncommon in the tower.

At this rate I might even use the vortex wonder to go trough a chapter with a level 2 portal instead of a level 4 when the next chapter arrives.

Yogi Dave

There are 21 techs that take portal goods. Unless you pay a lot of attention, you will need to almost fill the portal each time. Maybe you save a 5% every now and then. So there is a lot of waste as some of the portal goods overflow - big deal. Just think of it as needing 21 fills. Since there are various ways to get PPs from the spire, Trading Outpost and Station, and a few event building you don't need to have all 21 of them ready and waiting. I only built 1 vault to level 2 because I like doing the questlines. Using PPs gave the added bonus of being able to use the adv. vault and improved academy techs for event quests. I also used the two early optional techs, the Flow of Magic Statue and Dolphin Fountain for event quests. However, I did not touch the optional squad upgrade techs.

KarlD

Only if you don't have enough already. Once you have required amounts of PP, the rest is useless. With Spire, and permanent PP producers my average PP production is > 15% a day without any expiring PP producers. At least timeboosters can be used for troop production.
I think you're right. I probably had 2300% but needed only 1600%. I know I had significantly more than I needed. In any case folks can count for themselves. I just counted 100% for every tech that needed PP goods even though some required less.

With Spire, and permanent PP producers my average PP production is > 15% a day without any expiring PP producers.
Just out of curiosity how many permanent PP producers do you have? 15% a day sounds high, but I've never actually tried to keep track of how fast I accumulate PPs. I think my Fire Phoenix is my only permanent PP producer. I didn't evolve my Polar Bear enough to get them.

Yogi Dave

At this rate I might even use the vortex wonder to go trough a chapter with a level 2 portal instead of a level 4 when the next chapter arrives.
Good idea. I already have 42 fills of the portal. I'll just have to start upgrading the vortex, though I doubt I'll be able to get it to level 30's 50% increase. Too many others to work on too. With 237 AW levels, I've got a long way to go to get near your count.

KarlD

Since people are getting so many PPs these days I have a feeling the designers will make them fairly useless in the next chapter. Trying to avoid having to fully upgrade the portal may turn out to be a waste of KP in upgrading a Vortex to that level.

DeletedUser25004

I would like to fume about the daily prize today too. i did see it on elvengems but 1x8hour seemed so ridiculous. I was really betting on it being a placeholder for a live event surprize. now im really conflicted about what to do, i saved up candy for Wishing Wells on multiple cities, because it seemed there was a pattern of one early and one late well daily prize. Now it just feels like so much playtime is wasted doing quest without end. shame on you innogames!

Yogi Dave

Trying to avoid having to fully upgrade the portal may turn out to be a waste of KP in upgrading a Vortex to that level.
You are right I just looked in the wiki. Upgrading the vortex cost more KP than upgrading the Maze, which had been the most expensive one.