• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Carnival discussion

Deleted User - 1178646

You are right I just looked in the wiki. Upgrading the vortex cost more KP than upgrading the Maze, which had been the most expensive one.

The only reason I am leveling the vortex is because it's the most points on the lowest footprint, the new wonders have a better ratio than golden abyss,

For me it's a bit easier to level it, each tournament is 700 KP, and when I start searching for KP in wonders it aint that hard to get more than 1000KP a week as well. a good internal fellowship wonder ROI and wonders level up really really fast.

Yogi Dave

For me it's a bit easier to level it, each tournament is 700 KP, and when I start searching for KP in wonders it aint that hard to get more than 1000KP a week as well. a good internal fellowship wonder ROI and wonders level up really really fast.
Oh, I understand the situation in your city and FS. I've looked at it and copied the fantastic way you have arranged your 3 training building to prevent early collections while getting ready to use the bear and I've upped my armories to 10. I can't perform as well as you can in the tourneys, but do get around 600 KP in most tourneys and have a lot of extra KP producing buildings, so get around another 300 to 400 KP a week from that. @KarlD's comment has a lot of merit for where I'm at in the game though. You are in an entirely different league then me - for now. ;)

KarlD

I would like to fume about the daily prize today too. i did see it on elvengems but 1x8hour seemed so ridiculous. I was really betting on it being a placeholder for a live event surprize. now im really conflicted about what to do, i saved up candy for Wishing Wells on multiple cities, because it seemed there was a pattern of one early and one late well daily prize. Now it just feels like so much playtime is wasted doing quest without end. shame on you innogames!
I have a feeling Inno has decided they're giving out too many diamonds. I placed 2 genies and 2 wishing wells and do all three levels of the spire and because of the spire I craft more and win some diamonds in the magical object and suddenly I find myself with a ton of diamonds. It's like enough in 2 to 3 months to buy 2 magic workshops and an expansion with a few hundred left over. Maybe that doesn't seem like much to some folks, but I'm accumulating diamonds much faster than I imagined. I originally placed the Wishing Wells just to win enough diamonds to be able to get through the Spire without having to buy diamonds, but then found I was accumulating them much faster than I was spending them in the Spire. I have 2 magic workshops and 3 regular workshops and I have more supplies than I know what to do with. I'm thinking of replacing 2 regular workshops with a magic one to gain an expansion worth of space. I don't even know what people do with like 10 magic workshops. I'm running out of things to buy with my diamonds.

Yogi Dave

I'm thinking of replacing 2 regular workshops with a magic one to gain an expansion worth of space.
I did a spreadsheet which shows which shows 5 magic workshops produce as much as 9 regular ones once you reach the guest race chapters. With the savings in land, population, and culture, they are a great deal for all those diamonds. I have 5 and go to the trader far too often, but when I feed the bear, it's good to produce a lot of supplies that half day.
Comparison of Magic to Non-Magic Buildings
I haven't updated it for chapter 15. I'll have to do that soon.

KarlD

The only reason I am leveling the vortex is because it's the most points on the lowest footprint, the new wonders have a better ratio than golden abyss,

Holy Cow!! 700KP per tornament is over 60 provinces to at least the 5th round every week. I feel like such a slacker by comparison even given that I don't have that many provinces. I can't imagine doing all my provinces every week. But now I see what one might do with 10 magic workshops. It's gotta take a huge amount of troops, especially using autofight, and a huge amount of supplies to make those troops. I guess I really hafta up my game if I ever want to play with the big dawgs. Lately I'm doing around 20-30 provinces, but I can certainly do more. I'll hafta push harder.

Deleted User - 3932582

Just out of curiosity how many permanent PP producers do you have? 15% a day sounds high, but I've never actually tried to keep track of how fast I accumulate PPs. I think my Fire Phoenix is my only permanent PP producer. I didn't evolve my Polar Bear enough to get them.

16.5%/day, pretty consistently actually:

PPs.png

Just Fire Phoenix and Polar Bear for 5%/day total, the rest is coming from the Spire (I never craft PPs nor do I ever open the event chest with PPs).

Risen Malchiah

I've looked at it and copied the fantastic way you have arranged your 3 training building to prevent early collections while getting ready to use the bear and I've upped my armories to 10.
What is the fantastic way you and @CrazyWizard arrange training buildings?

I make use of the brown bear but often forget to stack up stuff the day before in preparation. I tend to collect out of instinct.

Yogi Dave

What is the fantastic way you and @CrazyWizard arrange training buildings? … I tend to collect out of instinct.
It used to frustrate me no end accidentally collecting from my training buildings.

TrainingBldSetup.png

This setup lets you remove 1 road to disconnect the Merc. Camp. You can move a different road back to the 1st place and have both the Merc. Camp and Training Grounds off road. The road next to that one removes all 3. @CrazyWizard has his setup on the upper right corner, which is probably better. It is a little awkward finding the road to remove with the Barracks being so huge. Also, the symbol showing troops hanging above the barracks is in the trees and can be difficult to see. When I have the time and space, I'm intending to rearrange my city once again to move this setup to the other corner.
BTW, it takes me around 20h to fill each building, so I only fill 1 each day before feeding my 2 bears.

Deleted User - 1178646

It used to frustrate me no end accidentally collecting from my training buildings.

View attachment 7159
This setup lets you remove 1 road to disconnect the Merc. Camp. You can move a different road back to the 1st place and have both the Merc. Camp and Training Grounds off road. The road next to that one removes all 3. @CrazyWizard has his setup on the upper right corner, which is probably better. It is a little awkward finding the road to remove with the Barracks being so huge. Also, the symbol showing troops hanging above the barracks is in the trees and can be difficult to see. When I have the time and space, I'm intending to rearrange my city once again to move this setup to the other corner.
BTW, it takes me around 20h to fill each building, so I only fill 1 each day before feeding my 2 bears.

It won't be much better
1581954547831.png

It's just a matter of getting used to the location.

Holy Cow!! 700KP per tornament is over 60 provinces to at least the 5th round every week. I feel like such a slacker by comparison even given that I don't have that many provinces. I can't imagine doing all my provinces every week. But now I see what one might do with 10 magic workshops. It's gotta take a huge amount of troops, especially using autofight, and a huge amount of supplies to make those troops. I guess I really hafta up my game if I ever want to play with the big dawgs. Lately I'm doing around 20-30 provinces, but I can certainly do more. I'll hafta push harder.
64 on average for the last 9 weeks, I expect the average to rise in the comming 2 weeks as the crystal tournament will be a lot easier this time with the damage bug fixed and frogs getting a nerf.
I also like to improve on scrolls and already have over 2000 troops of light melee units ready for it.

Risen Malchiah

Thank you for the incredible details. :) Yeah, I will need more armories and a higher Shrooms. My queue is 12-13 hrs which is nice, but not as good if I want to maximize brown bear efficiency,

KarlD

Coincidentally, I just by chance happened to arrange my troop buildings into a similar configuration as described above, but I wasn't thinking about being able to disconnect them from the road at the time. Before, when they were located in the center of the city, I wanted to but couldn't disconnect them without disconnecting half the city. Then I moved them to the edge because I had space there and had to move them for upgrades, but didn't think about the roads situation. Now I will arrange things more consciously. Thanks.

Typically catering is much more expensive than fighting in tournaments. Lately I've been low on orcs (I'm trying to upgrade my Merc Camp and Barracks and need tons of them and I trained more Orc Strategists than I should have) so I prefer not to cater even the cheap fights that don't require T3 goods but usually require more orcs. Are there fights that you folks prefer to cater. I'm curious because I'm thinking that if I am not catering there's not much need for so many factories and I should get rid of most and build more armories instead. Now that we have teleport spells I can teleport rather than sell and not worry about having to spend weeks rebuilding them if I change my mind, but I figure I'll just ask you folks what you think. Right now I'm just accumulating more and more goods and I'm not sure how I will ever use them.

Deleted User - 1178646

Coincidentally, I just by chance happened to arrange my troop buildings into a similar configuration as described above, but I wasn't thinking about being able to disconnect them from the road at the time. Before, when they were located in the center of the city, I wanted to but couldn't disconnect them without disconnecting half the city. Then I moved them to the edge because I had space there and had to move them for upgrades, but didn't think about the roads situation. Now I will arrange things more consciously. Thanks.

Typically catering is much more expensive than fighting in tournaments. Lately I've been low on orcs (I'm trying to upgrade my Merc Camp and Barracks and need tons of them and I trained more Orc Strategists than I should have) so I prefer not to cater even the cheap fights that don't require T3 goods but usually require more orcs. Are there fights that you folks prefer to cater. I'm curious because I'm thinking that if I am not catering there's not much need for so many factories and I should get rid of most and build more armories instead. Now that we have teleport spells I can teleport rather than sell and not worry about having to spend weeks rebuilding them if I change my mind, but I figure I'll just ask you folks what you think. Right now I'm just accumulating more and more goods and I'm not sure how I will ever use them.

Go play with your goods in the tower.
as for orcs.
1581978339833.png

No problem there, so there not a part of the equasion, I just cater the fights I know I find to expensive in troops, and off course scroll tournament a a goods killer.

When I was low on orcs a while back, in the tower I tried to avoid orcs as much as possible in the tower by using them as a last pick, but never in tournaments.

Tauriel Dragonwood

It may help to know that the Advanced Scouts tech at the beginning of each chapter only reduces the cost to scout *new* un-scouted provinces. The ones you have already opened up will not change and their negotiation costs & squad difficulties will not be adjusted.

I would hold off scouting any more provinces for a while (maybe a whole chapter) unless you're absolutely forced to do so for a quest. Over time, as you fill in some required Squad Size upgrades, the fighting in the very hard provinces should change to Hard or Medium. If you're able to resist scouting long enough, you'll eventually even get Easy provinces again, though it may take some time. (Of course, events will continue to ask for encounters & relics, but if you can the bulk of that through tournaments, you'll be better off.)
Thank you for your much-needed advice. The main reason I scout provinces is to gain land expansions, because on the tech tree they are few and far between.

KarlD

Thank you for your much-needed advice. The main reason I scout provinces is to gain land expansions, because on the tech tree they are few and far between.
My feeling is that we only have one scout and it's best to keep it busy. Getting those expansions through completing encounters is the fastest way to grow your city in area and more area gives you all kinds of growth options. I don't think you want to strive for easy provinces, but for reasonably doable provinces. Provinces that you've already scouted will become easier as you do more squadsize upgrades so the worst case is that you have scouted them and wait for a while until you grow into your scouted provinces. Also remember that you can craft things like UUU and MM and ELR or win a DA in the Spire and various Wonders can help that will make you significantly more powerful. If you have a level 10 fire phoenix and place a DA you will essentially have increased your squadsize by 50% so those Hard or even Extremely Hard provinces are not so hard anymore. The only time I've regretted my scouting practices is when I have stopped scouting cuz I can't get that scouting time back. In fact I greatly slowed my scouting in Chapter 15 because I could no longer get expansions from solving provinces so what's the point, But now I'm thinking I will never be able to compete with some people in tournaments simply because I don't have enough provinces. I've lost many days of scouting now. With it taking over 60 hours to scout a province now it's not very practical to use time boosts. So that's scouting time that's just gone. If I want to play with the big dawgs I need more provinces. So don't fear overscouting. All you have to fear is fear itself.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I finally got the 7th artifact today, with 8 days left in the event. This has been another event where I have had horrible luck getting candies back as chest prizes, only 640 total, or I would have gotten this sooner. With only 280 candies from the remaining 8 daily quests, and maybe 200 more from spawns, I will definitely not get to an 8th artifact without my chest luck totally reversing, and may not even complete the current in-between grand prize.

Tauriel Dragonwood

My feeling is that we only have one scout and it's best to keep it busy. Getting those expansions through completing encounters is the fastest way to grow your city in area and more area gives you all kinds of growth options. I don't think you want to strive for easy provinces, but for reasonably doable provinces. Provinces that you've already scouted will become easier as you do more squadsize upgrades so the worst case is that you have scouted them and wait for a while until you grow into your scouted provinces. Also remember that you can craft things like UUU and MM and ELR or win a DA in the Spire and various Wonders can help that will make you significantly more powerful. If you have a level 10 fire phoenix and place a DA you will essentially have increased your squadsize by 50% so those Hard or even Extremely Hard provinces are not so hard anymore. The only time I've regretted my scouting practices is when I have stopped scouting cuz I can't get that scouting time back. In fact I greatly slowed my scouting in Chapter 15 because I could no longer get expansions from solving provinces so what's the point, But now I'm thinking I will never be able. to compete with some people in tournaments simply because I don't have enough provinces. I've lost many days of scouting now. With it taking over 60 hours to scout a province now it's not very practical to use time boosts. So that's scouting time that's just gone. If I want to play with the big dawgs I need more provinces. So don't fear overscouting. All you have to fear is fear itself.
Thank you KarlD. I think I'll take your advice. Trying to solve encounters on the World Map is getting to be a wee bit extreme right now with the cost of goods to negotiate. I'll hold off a while scouting, hoping some Very Hard provinces turn into Hard or Easy provinces. I've just started the Woodelves chapter and noticed there are 3 expansions to research so that should help me expand my city. I wish some of the event buildings were smaller than what they are. I would have to demolish some of my event buildings to make room for the floats. And guess what? Most of my event buildings give population, and my high-level goods and supply buildings need population. You have to admit, this game is quite challenging.

Risen Malchiah

I've just started the Woodelves chapter and noticed there are 3 expansions to research so that should help me expand my city. I wish some of the event buildings were smaller than what they are.
Now that you're in Woodelves, keep an eye out for mana-producing event buildings. Nearly all of them will be smaller and more efficient than the weeping willows. And I don't see them in this event, but if some magical mana huts come around someday soon, those are amazingly efficient and worth grabbing. That alone would solve much of the expansion issues for Woodelves and S&D.

KarlD

Now that you're in Woodelves, keep an eye out for mana-producing event buildings. Nearly all of them will be smaller and more efficient than the weeping willows. And I don't see them in this event, but if some magical mana huts come around someday soon, those are amazingly efficient and worth grabbing. That alone would solve much of the expansion issues for Woodelves and S&D.
I agree with what Risen said about mana-producing buildings. Ones from events are generally much more productive that what you can build from the build menu. I'd also recommend keeping a lookout for the Mana Sawmill and Festival Merchant recipes in your Magic Academy. They both produce substantially more mana per square than Willows. You'll probably need 10 or more CC spells to craft them if you do get one of the recipes.