• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Carnival discussion

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
You are welcome to share our event note with all your friends and fellowship!
https://tinyurl.com/varaehy

It is still a little untidy because of the last minute replacement of the entire quest set that they sprung on us a few hours back - but I am working on it.
All the core info (prizes, rotating chests etc.) is there already; just the quests are incomplete (we have up to #35 already)

82781114_10215736445224751_6596946209036828672_n.jpg

Deleted User - 4366037

I'm guessing this wasn't really here on Monday and ignored for four days? Must have been created and left hidden for a few days?So there will be a fixed number of candies available? 131 quests and 22 Daily quests? Do we have any idea if our chance of completing the main prize building will hit 1%?
I suppose it does not really matter, but I saw the thread pop up briefly but disappear soon thereafter. I am also very curious about what the chances will be given a fixed number of quests.

Deleted User - 3932582

I suppose it does not really matter, but I saw the thread pop up briefly but disappear soon thereafter. I am also very curious about what the chances will be given a fixed number of quests.
The main questline is worth 5113 + 805 from daily quests + about 600 from drops around the city -> we're looking at about 6500 points max total for the event, which is pretty similar to how old fixed line events worked. If you plug this number into my strategy calc (https://minmaxgame.com/optimal-event-chest-strategy/) and optimize for grand prizes, you will see that expected value is almost exactly 15. And unless they changed something else 15 grand prizes are enough to get the evolution to L9, so 1 short of maximum. Individual results may vary both up and down from here.

Again, this is not much different from how old fixed quest events worked (not surprising as it is mostly cloned from there).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
With such a reduced number of quests, and a shorter than normal length of only 22 days, I am going to track every single event currency I get, including the hourly spawns, to see exactly how much I finish with.

This is sounding like a money spending event for those players that must have a level 10 building, buying either currency bundles or the building for the extra spawns.

DeLynn Skye

Just thought I'd mention that even if the Grand Prize wasn't inspiring (it isn't for me) it would be nice if the chest prizes were more robust. Supply & coin boosts used to be an assumed bonus and these days I find mine sorely lacking--I'm guessing since we all raved about time boosters (still love) but it just looks like all the chests have gotten lightened up and that is a pity. Could be an easy win for Inno here, but every time they "give" somewhere, they seem to takeaway from somewhere else.
Bottom line: boost up the chest prizes--we're not asking for much, but only offering 5% boosts instead of a bunch of 33% or even %50 is just sad.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I feel like knowing I likely would not be able to complete the event without being forced to spend money should upset me, but since the event prize is not that valuable or exciting, it instead has just even further reduced my motivation to worry about it in the first place.

Needing to spend money will also depend on if you are in a fellowship that regularly completes all three stages of the Fellowship Adventures. If the normal pattern is followed, we will get a FA after the event with two more of the artifacts as prizes, so only getting the building to level 8 in the event would be good enough to get it to level 10 afterward with the FA prizes. It would mainly be the players who are not in a skilled enough fellowship that would have to consider spending money or hard-earned free diamonds during the event.

However, if we are really lucky, we will get what is called a Crafting Challenge after the event, instead of another FA, also with two artifacts as prizes. That is an individual challenge and one most all players would be able to complete if they put in the effort.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
  1. I just had what I think is a great idea! It seems that the designers are struggling to come up with a wide variety of new quests - so why not have a Competition with a Diamond Prize for the people who suggest the best new quests?
    Who knows - there might be some brilliant suggestions

2. There are two tests a good quest should pass, according to me:

i. Is it possible for the average player to do it, without having to destroy good buildings and rebuild them from scratch, or in any other way deviate from their normal pattern of play, or be forced to change the way their cities are constructed?
    If the quest passes this one, go to the next test.

ii. Are there any players who for various reasons cannot do the quest - or who for various reason would REALLY prefer not to do it (like being forced to overscout when you are trying to limit Map exploration, etc.)
    If there are players who would prefer not to do the quest, or who physically cannot - then there should be an alternative provided, to make the Event fair and accessible to everyone.

AtaguS

This is sounding like a money spending event for those players that must have a level 10 building, buying either currency bundles or the building for the extra spawns.
Especially when you consider that just a few quests prior to this one, we are asked to have 2 buildings leveled up to 12...so a tear down and rebuild? Lucky for me I am able to choose the alternative quest for each of these so they won't stop me in my tracks. But finishing 2 techs for a lot of players isn't a simple, or timely, option. As with any event, there is no requirement to play or finish, so I'll go as far as I can, pick up whatever little bonuses I can, enjoy the new buildings, and that will be that :)