• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Carnival discussion

Risen Malchiah

I think it’s mean the game devs gave us an event quest to trade with the Wholesaler 12 times. That will deplete most of my resources and all my Instants. Also, Collect Enchantment Items can only be found in the Magic Academy. Since I don’t have anymore Instants, I’ll need to wait an entire day for the Enchantments to complete this quest. But one good thing I noticed. There’s lots of pet food to make in the Magic Academy. Yay! My baby bears won’t starve.
Enchantments from the tournament (which is still open for a few hrs as of this post) also count. In a pinch, I've also used some of the candy chests which award them. I hate doing it that way since it might not be a day you want to spend candy.

And yeah, portal profits help tremendously toward the back half of Woodelves.

Deleted User - 3932582

Enchantments from the tournament (which is still open for a few hrs as of this post) also count. In a pinch, I've also used some of the candy chests which award them. I hate doing it that way since it might not be a day you want to spend candy.
Enchantments from Neighboring Help count as well.

KarlD

I think it’s mean the game devs gave us an event quest to trade with the Wholesaler 12 times. That will deplete most of my resources and all my Instants. Also, Collect Enchantment Items can only be found in the Magic Academy. Since I don’t have anymore Instants, I’ll need to wait an entire day for the Enchantments to complete this quest. But one good thing I noticed. There’s lots of pet food to make in the Magic Academy. Yay! My baby bears won’t starve.
You seem like you are pretty motivated to do this event. I'm kind of surprised that you aren't further along. Has the event been that difficult or have you just fallen behind because of RL?

As for the quest to gain spells, a good habit to get into during events is to avoid collecting spells by clicking on the MA until you actually need the spells. You can get to the crafting and build menus by clicking on your inventory at the bottom of the window, then clicking on Disenchant, then clicking on Crafting. This gives you access to all the MA features without collecting spells that you've created. If you can manage to avoid collecting your spells early (easier said than done I find) those quests to gain spells go quickly. Of course, there are usually spells to be had during tournaments as well.

Finally just keep in mind that a quest is "a long or arduous search for something" according to dictionary.com. Anything worthy of being called a quest should take more than a few seconds.

AtaguS

Well....after all my moaning...I placed the Valentine Float in my city tonight. It is evolved to level 7 and I'll get one more artifact with the candies I have already. Sigh...turns out the mana output for the 4x4 space more than doubled an existing torch fountain and who doesn't want a little extra money and a kp here and there. I'll replace it before the end of the next event, I'm sure, so still not sure it's overall value vs. the effort to get it. But I can't very well leave my earlier comments un-checked after finding a use for it tonight. lol.

Tauriel Dragonwood

You seem like you are pretty motivated to do this event. I'm kind of surprised that you aren't further along. Has the event been that difficult or have you just fallen behind because of RL?
I work for a living KarlD and get in as much time playing Elvenar as I can spare to relax from a very stressful but exciting real life. Also, to complete the "Collect Enchantments" quests, it helps if you can upgrade your Magic Academy so it holds more spells.

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

My Prince Charming has arrived! Well, in Elvenar he has and I won him. (sighing) He's a wee bit vain but isn't he beautiful? I just have to make sure he has a supply of combs and he will shower me with gifts of supplies.
Prnce Charming.JPG

Last edited:

KarlD

I work for a living KarlD and get in as much time playing Elvenar as I can spare to relax from a very stressful but exciting real life. Also, to complete the "Collect Enchantments" quests, it helps if you can upgrade your Magic Academy so it holds more spells.
Fair enough. And, yes, I'm afraid I forgot that not everybody has a level 5 MA and how few spells they can store and how long it takes to make spells.

Deleted User - 4366037

@AtaguS I am glad the building ultimately provided some benefit for you. It still only provides supplies in my chapter, so its value has not changed for me. Maybe the silver lining is that I still have an extra 4x4 space for the upcoming FA?

DeletedUser21057

The carnival event........Loved it last year, very under whelmed this year. Sadly it looks like I am not going to complete this one, but as I find the evolving float unappealing it isn't the worst thing to happen. I really liked the shuffle board at the winter event (minus the reshuffle as I would be so close to getting the daily prize then get the reshuffle and have to start over grrrrr.). It was new and very different, great bit of work in my opinion. I know it wasn't popular, but that was likely due it being a change.
Like the duel quest line again as well as the static quest line. I didn't mind the randomizer to keep me on my toes, just didn't like getting quests that would take forever several times in a row.
I love this game, but the repetitive nature of evolving building event followed by a FS adventure to get two more artifacts has become boring, it is an indicator you expect a large number of people to not finish the event or force diamond / time booster use. That being said I expect a phoenix event with artifacts to evolve previous phonenixs' as well as at least one new phoenix type (please).
Thank you for your hard work and listening to your players.
lostuhave

KarlD

The carnival event........Loved it last year, very under whelmed this year. Sadly it looks like I am not going to complete this one, but as I find the evolving float unappealing it isn't the worst thing to happen. I really liked the shuffle board at the winter event (minus the reshuffle as I would be so close to getting the daily prize then get the reshuffle and have to start over grrrrr.). It was new and very different, great bit of work in my opinion. I know it wasn't popular, but that was likely due it being a change.
Like the duel quest line again as well as the static quest line. I didn't mind the randomizer to keep me on my toes, just didn't like getting quests that would take forever several times in a row.
I love this game, but the repetitive nature of evolving building event followed by a FS adventure to get two more artifacts has become boring, it is an indicator you expect a large number of people to not finish the event or force diamond / time booster use. That being said I expect a phoenix event with artifacts to evolve previous phonenixs' as well as at least one new phoenix type (please).
Thank you for your hard work and listening to your players.
lostuhave
I liked the shuffle board as well for its uniqueness. I wasn't a fan of clicking for 1 to 3 bricks. It just seemed kinda pointless. I liked the random quests even though I'm one to check the quest list and plan ahead. I could still plan ahead a bit with the random quests, but not so much that I could complete a month long event in a couple of days as some have done. I agree it's frustrating to get several forever quests in a row, but I didn't find it too bad overall. Relative to the number of quests available I feel like I got way more than my fair share of quests to get Vision Vapors, which could take extra long since there were often only recipes offering very few vapors.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
With just a couple of hours left in the event, it is probably safe to total up my numbers. Because I had really bad luck winning extra candies from chests, I only got 14 grand prizes, so 7 artifacts and 7 buildings and 6 of 20 flags for an 8th artifact. This was done with a total of 7543 candies, give or take a few, as I am not sure I counted every single spawn. This breaks down to 5113 from sequential quests, 805 from daily quests, 50 starting candies, 100 from the newsletter, 150 from one vision vapor chest, only 640 won from prize chests, and about 685 from the ground spawns. Yes, I got a good number of +2 and +3 spawns, since that was about 685 from 542 hours of event time. And no, I did not spend any money or diamonds on this event. In the end, good luck with the spawns, but very bad luck winning candy from chests, kept me from getting that 8th artifact. I may have actually gotten that artifact if I had followed my normal rule of always opening the 18-point chest when I had that as a choice, but several times I went for a higher cost chest in hopes of getting the daily prize or more candies.

shimmerfly

Because I had really bad luck winning extra candies from chests,
My luck for this event went under the bridge and over the waterfall.
I usually do much better but I'm trying not to be negative.... I got more kp than I care to count, very little candies ( I don't know how you can keep track without notes?)
Other than that, it was something to fill in the time.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@shimmerfly
Yes, with notes, lol! I decided to track candies, extra candies from chests, GPs/artifacts and dailies in both my cities this time. Lots of notes! :)
I was not particularly interested in the evolving bldg in either city, so I tried to maximize the dailies I was interested. I used @MinMax Gamer 's
Optimal Event Chest Strategy calculator. I was very diligent about only opening the chest that was highest on the list for the calculator. Here's my results:
Ch 15 city:
7133 candies
2050 extra candies from chests
15 GP's - 8 Artifacts
24 Daily prizes
The calculator returned 15.1 GP's and 26.5 dailies, so really close
Ch 11 city:
6619 candies
3000 extra candies from chests
17 GP's - 9 Artifacts
18 Daily prizes
The calculator returned 13.98 GP's and 24.59 dailies
Not as close as the other city, but still within reason. I'd have rather had the luck weigh toward the dailies; instead I could get this float to lvl 10 if I wanted it, lol.
I spent no diamonds, did not buy the event bldg (have at times in the past) and did not get candies from the Mystery chest in crafting (both cities are waiting until after the event to collect it).