• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Carnival event discussion thread

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Hello everyone,

The upcoming Elvarian Carnival event has just been announced.
As always, please let us know what you like/dislike/love/hate in this thread!

We look forward to your feedback

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The upcoming Winter Magic event
*Carnival, not winter magic ;)
winter2.png

One winter is enough thank you very much

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here is our Elvarian Carnival Note, from the event that is running in Beta, for those who are interested in how it looks
All the event information to date is here, as well as Daily Exclusives and the Prize Building - but please note that the Quest Lists and other information is what we recorded in Beta server.
The Live Edition may be different to what we had in Beta - though they are usually similar or the same.

You are welcome to share this link with friends and fellowship:
https://tinyurl.com/yxa5plsb

146272675_10218586592116642_7978819079542555622_n.jpg

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Is there a single daily prize in this event that is a good mana producer? Have not seen one yet in the lists I have viewed...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Is there a single daily prize in this event that is a good mana producer? Have not seen one yet in the lists I have viewed...
Unless something changes between Beta and live (it won't), no.
Actually, there isn't a single building that does any one thing particularly well and the hybrids do more than one thing poorly.
All around it's looking pretty bad for dailies and I think many players will just be blasting currency on instants.
Time to add in some 5-day expiring buildings =)

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
a good mana producer
If things follow the pattern of previous years, the event with the best mana producing bldgs is the Phoenix event that happens around Easter. I'd use the upcoming Carnival to stock up on other stuff (kp, troop instants, coins, supplies, whatever you'd like a good inventory of) and save your event focus/energy for the Phoenix.

NightshadeCS

Yes, for mana, look to the east and the mighty Phoenixii!

The Yeti Hot Springs isn't terrible on pop. As good as the Rainbow Flower Cage. ;)

And for a pure culture ( I know, who needs those, right?), Burukback's Bridge of Love is a good one.

Moho

Chef
Yeah, as a new player, I have reasons to be reasonably excited. :)

But with so little space available in my city, I was wondering how I was going to benefit from the carnival prizes. I worked hard to make a little more room here right before the carnival started. And then, wouldn't you know it, I got the Elder Snowman building. I decided to use a teleportation enchantment and placed my Delicatessen building in the inventory so that I could make more room for the snowman and other potential prizes.

Here's the guy, throned in the corner of my city:

snowman.jpg

Deleted User - 849327848

As a early chapter 2 city, should I push this event as much as I can?

What buildings are worth going for?

Or should I just aim to get instants to help myself grow quicker, and skip?

Moho

Chef
I say grab some of the buildings if you can - they're going to help you with your culture especially, but not only.

The other prizes will come in handy too. (Of course, in my opinion.) :)

StarLoad

@MaiSakuta
The real reason not to go crazy all-out is that you will be out of Level two soon, and the same for three and four. By the time you get to Five, the bldgs from level two will be out-dated and replaceable by better bldgs before you can recoup the cost for getting them.
As long as a bldg helps you move forward ok but replace it faster as you level.

Deleted User - 849327848

Yea, I'm having a tough time deciding the best building.

Dawn of spring shrine
A halfing Carriage
Or the elven float

Halfing is basically a 2x butcher
Elven float is basically a butcher with population
Dawn of spring is the smallest and weakest one but takes up smallest amount of space.

If I'm planning to go 8 t1, 4 t2 goods for a while(till chapter 5 roughly) which do you guys think would be the best take here? I'm also a daily player if that helps in any decision.