• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Games discussion

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
As far as I know, I am on the current version (US1.133) of the app as the playstore has no update available.

Yep, that is the current version, until the next update on Thursday. It just seems odd you are not seeing the little lock with the countdown, because I am pretty sure everyone is supposed to have it. Maybe send a message to Support when you are in the game and they can see if something is wrong?

Alram

Flippers just flip
Yep, that is the current version, until the next update on Thursday. It just seems odd you are not seeing the little lock with the countdown, because I am pretty sure everyone is supposed to have it. Maybe send a message to Support when you are in the game and they can see if something is wrong?
You already tagged Helya over here about the announcement saying "from today". I've been waiting for that response. I don't like bugging support when my game is working just fine.

ElfGunn

I'm looking forward to getting the email with 100 event currency. If I do, it will be the first time, out of several events I've participated in. After the last event, someone advised me to check my Inno email settings, and I had promos turned off, which I changed.

My experience in the previous event was that currency was dropping a good bit more frequently than once per hour. Since I visit the map and the Trader many times per day, I find the hint by Timon that these actions increase currency frequency believable.

In the last event, I finished in the middle of the Silver League. I bought the introductory currency offer (390 iirc), and the Stash Outpost at the first opportunity. I fed my maxed Ashen Phoenix at the start, and I collected currency as often as possible. There weren't many times I collected six, so I didn't miss many chances there.

mikeledo

Mt experience over time is that it averages 1 per hour. In the short run, it may seem like more.

Gladiola

Wait, what?!
@helya ?
@anyone?

With regard to going to the world map or trader increasing the frequency of currency drops, I believe this is inaccurate, although it is understandable why people believe this might be so. Exiting to the world map or Spire (and possibly the trader, although this is less certain) causes the game to refresh the town map. In some cases with slow connections or possibly just server lag, the town map does not refresh automatically when currency falls. Doing something that refreshes the town map then causes the currency that had "already" fallen to be visible. I play with a slow processor on a slow connection, and not infrequently when I go to the world map or Spire and return I see one or even two event currency. Same with just refreshing the browser window.

So doing those actions won't cause more currency to accumulate, but it will alert you to the currency that is already there and allow you to pick it up.

Aritra

With regard to going to the world map or trader increasing the frequency of currency drops, I believe this is inaccurate, although it is understandable why people believe this might be so. Exiting to the world map or Spire (and possibly the trader, although this is less certain) causes the game to refresh the town map. In some cases with slow connections or possibly just server lag, the town map does not refresh automatically when currency falls. Doing something that refreshes the town map then causes the currency that had "already" fallen to be visible. I play with a slow processor on a slow connection, and not infrequently when I go to the world map or Spire and return I see one or even two event currency. Same with just refreshing the browser window.

So doing those actions won't cause more currency to accumulate, but it will alert you to the currency that is already there and allow you to pick it up.
Yes, refreshing alerts you to currency that you didn't realize had dropped, but this does not make it impossible for more than the assumed number of drops to occur based on certain factors (such as subtle reward for frequent visits, triggered likely by leaving and coming back frequently, as opposed to never leaving for hours and hours, lol). Also, it is possible that the "more" arrives by getting +2 or +3 more often, not necessarily more drops.

Gladiola

@Aritra When I play more than one city on a world and have both cities open (such as on different computers), event currency appears at exactly the same time in both cities. Inno has never given any reason to believe that player actions influence currency drops. I also don't see a reason they would want to spend their time and energy developing them, especially if they then hid that fact. Certainly they do things to encourage engagement (such as having currency drops at all), but they are pretty unsubtle about it.

The simplest explanation is that the rumor about visiting the trader or opening the world map or refreshing resulting in currency drops results from players misinterpreting the effects of the refresh of the city map. This speculation has been around since currency drops were first introduced in events, but no additional evidence has been reported other than anecdotally.

I'm going to go with Occam's razor on this one.

AnselSkye

I have a frequent bug on mobile where I can't click on the wooden crate to see my goods. If I restart the app when this happens during an event, I'll sometimes get two or three event drops that weren't there before.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Remember one thing about the spawns. They never stop, even when there are six of them on the ground. The countdown continues, and when it is time for a new one to spawn, one of the old ones will disappear at the same time. So it is quite possible to go into the game, say 6 hours and 45 minutes after all six have spawned, collect them, and then have that next one spawn 15 minutes later, and make it seem like it spawned extra quickly.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Wait, what?!
@helya ?
@anyone?
I'll check, but I think no, not true.

ETA - I checked, you get one per hour on average, but not precisely on the hour. Going to the World map and then back to your city works like a refresh if you haven't had any drops in a while. Doing extra things around your city doesn't increase the drop rate.

Last edited: