• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Games discussion

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Another note regarding weird spawn times that I have mentioned in previous event threads. There have been times where a spawn will happen, and then another will happen maybe 15 or 20 minutes later, rather than the expected 55-60 minutes later that it is supposed to be. I cannot replicate it on a regular basis, so whether it was something I did was able to trigger the early spawn, or if it is just a random glitch that happens during the events, I cannot say.

AnselSkye

What is everyone's strategy for this event?

I'm looking to replace some older pop/culture buildings with newer ones. My goal is to get:

2 Crab hotels
2+ Mechanical Seahorses
4-5 Mermaid in a Shells
1 Leviathan Ferry

I'll be going for the 30 and 58 chests for these daily buildings, and then the 21, 19, and 51 chests to progress through the artifacts/league.

I think this should be achievable. I expect just shy of 5k food from quests, ashen bonuses, daily rewards, and drops. The second best chest for dailies shows an expected cost of 248.4 per daily, so I should expect 20 buildings if that were the only chest I opened.

Does anyone think there's a danger of coming up short on artifacts since the chests that favor dailies are the worst for progress? I'm hoping to make up for that by choosing the three best artifact chests if the first two aren't available.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'll be going for the 30 and 58 chests for these daily buildings, and then the 21, 19, and 51 chests to progress through the artifacts/league.

I think this should be achievable. I expect just shy of 5k food from quests, ashen bonuses, daily rewards, and drops. The second best chest for dailies shows an expected cost of 248.4 per daily, so I should expect 20 buildings if that were the only chest I opened.

Does anyone think there's a danger of coming up short on artifacts since the chests that favor dailies are the worst for progress? I'm hoping to make up for that by choosing the three best artifact chests if the first two aren't available.

On Beta, I got my final artifact with one day to spare, so I did not even get enough to win a 2nd base. I opened a lot of 19 and 21 and 41, some 51, and as few of 28 and 30 and 58 and the two 70-something chests as I could. I had lower than average wins of extra currency of about 400 extra total. Beta does not get the newsletter for the 100 extra, so even a little worse luck on winning back currency will get me a maxed building on Live too.

Something for people to think about who want to finish in Gold. It takes 260 points, again, to complete the building, and another 260 points to complete a 2nd building. So 520 points and a Gold finish and you could have two buildings, one pumping out Vallorians and one pumping out seeds, or both making the same thing. I bet people will spend money to have that.

AnselSkye

On Beta, I got my final artifact with one day to spare, so I did not even get enough to win a 2nd base. I opened a lot of 19 and 21 and 41, some 51, and as few of 28 and 30 and 58 and the two 70-something chests as I could. I had lower than average wins of extra currency of about 400 extra total. Beta does not get the newsletter for the 100 extra, so even a little worse luck on winning back currency will get me a maxed building on Live too.

Something for people to think about who want to finish in Gold. It takes 260 points, again, to complete the building, and another 260 points to complete a 2nd building. So 520 points and a Gold finish and you could have two buildings, one pumping out Vallorians and one pumping out seeds, or both making the same thing. I bet people will spend money to have that.
Hopefully I'll be OK then. I didn't count the 100 from the newsletter, and I only figured 20 a day from map pickups. Once I get the buildings I want, I can shift to the most efficient chests for progress.

I have no hopes of getting into gold. I got silver in the last event without spending anything, but I had some excellent luck when going for the biggest jackpots after I had secured the final set piece through stingy chest purchases. I even ended up with a second Stone Mason, so that was nice.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
I have 3 cities needing mana buildings and 1 needing seeds. I’ll be saving seafood for those buildings and playing whichever chest cost the least per move.
In beta I won 730 extra seafood. Barely won the 9 artifacts with 11 seafood leftover.

Last edited:

AnselSkye

I have 3 cities needing mana buildings and 1 needing seeds. Ill be saving seafood for those buildings and playing whichever chest cost the least per move.
In beta I won 730 extra seafood. Barely won the 9 artifacts with 11 seafood leftover.
Man, it sounds like getting nine artifacts won't be so easy this time around. I've only been around for a few events, but I've never had a hard time maxing out the event building. Maybe I ought to be more conservative with my picks and hope for the buildings to come organically.

AnselSkye

I would recommend against going for those 30&58 chests.
If your goal is 10 buildings you'll get those easily with the good artifact chests without screwing your chances at a level 10 Triumph of the Tides.
With semi-lazy city collects I ended up short on beta even picking the "best" chests.
Yeah, I think you're right. I'm glad I posted here!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Man, it sounds like getting nine artifacts won't be so easy this time around. I've only been around for a few events, but I've never had a hard time maxing out the event building. Maybe I ought to be more conservative with my picks and hope for the buildings to come organically.
There was a 10-15% drop in currency when leagues were introduced, and really that's all it takes to go from almost always getting 9 artifacts to 50/50 (or in my case 1/3)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

The thing with this is that almost every event with an evolving building has been followed by a FA that included the chance at two more artifacts. So falling short was not a guarantee of not maxing it out. But we never know when Inno will change this up and we have not had the next FA start on Beta yet. So the best thing to always do is play as if there will not be that extra chance at artifacts until we get the FA on Beta and know for sure about those prizes.

BrinDarby

@AnselSkye ,

The easiest way to tell which CH the "game" thinks ur in, is go into MA....
Rollover the bldg offered, it will show you what CH of that bldg you'd
get, so you'd get the same CH of anything you earn/claim in Events too...

So when you're doing Adv Scouts, you can just keep checking in MA untill
you've done "enuff" as Soggy has said, but great way to check....

BrinDarby

There was a 10-15% drop in currency when leagues were introduced, and really that's all it takes to go from almost always getting 9 artifacts to 50/50 (or in my case 1/3)
Do you think this also includes a mentality of " We assume ""you"" to have
a Ashton Ph. and keep it fed" therefore we nerf'd the game to equalize out
""your"" Ashton Ph. ????? Im curious on your thoughts.

( yes Soggy, "you/your" is any randon player )

Aritra

I'm looking to replace some older pop/culture buildings with newer ones. My goal is to get:

2 Crab hotels
2+ Mechanical Seahorses
4-5 Mermaid in a Shells
1 Leviathan Ferry
Where can I find the chapter stats on Mechanical Seahorses?
I suspect it is a lesser priority (pass) for me, but I haven't seen values to know how it compares to my chosen priorities (ElvenGems still only has a picture).

Vigali

2 Crab hotels
2+ Mechanical Seahorses
4-5 Mermaid in a Shells
1 Leviathan Ferry

Personally, I'm targeting 4-5 Manta Rays and 6 Crab Hotels. If I can manage it, it'll replace all of my mana sawmills and all of my Blossom Light Post buildings with better per-square values. Doing that should free up enough extra pop to let me complete all max upgrades for Ch15 and look very good heading into Ch16.

Vigali

EDIT: Don't bother reading this, my mistake (missing the questline artifacts) was pointed out and the numbers are all wrong! My fault for doing math before coffee.

So I'm looking at the likelihood of getting 9 relics from the event, and this is what I'm seeing:

Quest Currency: 3784 (assumes Ashen Phoenix, and assumes 1 extra currency from each quest where the reward is <51 and 2 extra currency where the reward is >=51 -- not sure if that assumption is correct)
Email Bonus: 100
Starting Bonus: 50 (I started with 50 currency this event, I assume everyone did).
Daily Reward: 990 (45 per day * 22 days)
Questline Bonus: 400
Pickup Currency: 440 (assumes an average 20/day, may be higher or lower depending on playstyle).
Total Currency for Event: 5,764

Goal: 9 relics --> 17 Grand Prizes --> 340 total flags.

5,764 / 340 flags = 16.95 currency per flag.

The *best* chest for Grand Prizes this event (the 21 chest) has an adjusted cost/flag of 17.4. This means that, on average, even if you had the very *best* chest as an option EVERY TIME, you still will not get your 9 relics.

Do my numbers look right? This seems like a dramatic nerf from prior events. The only way to get 9 relics from GPs seems to be if you get very, very lucky. I know that a lot of folks didn't get their full set last time, but the numbers there seemed such that "if you get unlucky, you won't get it. If you're average/moderately lucky, you will." This is very, very different from that. Even if you get lucky and are able to keep your per-flag cost to 20, you'll still need to buy an extra 1,036 currency to get your 9th relic.

And while it would be easy to say "spend diamonds to get your 9th relic from Silver," that doesn't really make sense either, because if you spend those diamonds, you're likely to get your 9th relic from GPs -- so getting into Silver only gave you an extra relic you don't need.

What am I missing? Is this really as dumb as it looks?

Last edited:

BrinDarby

Comparing Witches Hut to Triumph of Tides ....
seems you get alot less ... where a normal evolve gives
you xxxx reg production and yyyy bonus production
maybe even zzzz , seems allowing ToT to be switchable
Inno decided you only get 1... reg or bonus production.

Why doesn't switchable mean :
pick 1 reg, and 1 bonus production ???

AnselSkye

Where can I find the chapter stats on Mechanical Seahorses?
I suspect it is a lesser priority (pass) for me, but I haven't seen values to know how it compares to my chosen priorities (ElvenGems still only has a picture).
I can place it in Elven Architect. According to them, it's 1,360 pop and 4,100 culture at Ch. XI.

Huor

Comparing Witches Hut to Triumph of Tides ....
seems you get alot less ... where a normal evolve gives
you xxxx reg production and yyyy bonus production
maybe even zzzz , seems allowing ToT to be switchable
Inno decided you only get 1... reg or bonus production.

Why doesn't switchable mean :
pick 1 reg, and 1 bonus production ???

So there is no "bonus" production like with the queen fairy's garden? I thought you could pick 1 regular and 1 bonus? That would be sad if it was only one among all the choices. Everything I've seen leads me to believe that bonus and regular production are independent of each other?