• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Games discussion

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Where can I find the chapter stats on Mechanical Seahorses?
I suspect it is a lesser priority (pass) for me, but I haven't seen values to know how it compares to my chosen priorities (ElvenGems still only has a picture).
Hi Aritra
I have passed the feedback on, thank you.

DeletedUser29287

Is the stash outpost worth it? I just reached silver league

Vigali

Is the stash outpost worth it? I just reached silver league

Since yesterday morning, I've had 31 pickups total. I've been quite diligent about pickups since the event began, so we can probably consider that a top-line level of pickups. Averaging that out, that means I'm likely looking at ~20 pickups per day. If you get the same amount, that would mean an extra 20 event currency per day for you, over the remaining 20 days of the event, or 400 event currency (EC).

The stash outpost costs $8. That means you're getting basically 50 EC per dollar spent.

If you choose to purchase event currency with diamonds, I'll save you the math, but it's about half as efficient on a per-dollar basis as buying the stash outpost (assuming you're buying the 'reasonable-sized' packages like the $20 -- if you're buying the $100 diamond packs, it gets closer in cost efficiency).

So, I'd say it's "worth it" in the context that it's likely the most cost-effective method of acquiring additional event currency -- if you are planning on spending money on this event, this may be the best place to spend it. But whether it's "worth it" to you is an entirely separate question. I personally won't buy it because the extra rewards for Silver/Gold aren't worth it to me (and honestly, the stash outpost won't even guarantee I get Silver anyway).

DeletedUser29287

thanks for your input @Vigali I got 9 artifacts in my beats city and that’s with no knowledge of the next quests coming down the pipe. I think I might be good just hit a quest that will take the rest of the day to fill my cities are too new to have long enough time instants to speed up lvl 5 MAs.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Where can I find the chapter stats on Mechanical Seahorses?
I suspect it is a lesser priority (pass) for me, but I haven't seen values to know how it compares to my chosen priorities (ElvenGems still only has a picture).
Fixed now. Thanks again

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Do you think this also includes a mentality of " We assume ""you"" to have
a Ashton Ph. and keep it fed" therefore we nerf'd the game to equalize out
""your"" Ashton Ph. ????? Im curious on your thoughts.
( yes Soggy, "you/your" is any randon player )
Could be, yeah. The ashen gives something like 75-100 currency which is ~5 points and would probably help an additional ?% of players cross the line.
Personally, I screwed up and converted all of my Ashen artifacts to regular phoenix at 2:1 so now I have a level 1 ashen egg buffed in each city. :rolleyes:

Mostly though Inno simply decided that the same system that works at carnival games will work here:
Allow players to get just close enough to a win that they blame their own luck rather than a rigged game.

It's an icky business model, but it works. I would certainly prefer it if they chose to make revenues by selling extras rather than the basic full prize, but I don't make $260,000,000 per year.(LINK)

Iyapo1

@BrinDarby and @SoggyShorts
Adding insult to injury.

Now that we can teleport evolving buildings I actually put my second Ashen base out(level 3). I only got a second base in one city but having two of those birds out is pretty sweet. And who knows...in a year I might get offered more Ashen artifacts!

Kekune

Personally, I screwed up and converted all of my Ashen artifacts to regular phoenix at 2:1 so now I have a level 1 ashen egg buffed in each city. :rolleyes:
I'm still annoyed about this, myself. I think if either the league system or the teleporting evolving buildings mechanic were known, I'd have chosen differently. It irks me that both those changes happened so soon after the Ashen event.

Aritra

I can place it in Elven Architect. According to them, it's 1,360 pop and 4,100 culture at Ch. XI.
Thanks. And chapter 3? (that's my other city, which has different priorities than ch.11 regarding dailies)

EDIT: never mind -- I replied to this before catching up on the thread. Thanks @Lelanya for helping ElvenGems get updated.

Last edited:

Moho

Chef
I'll try to get the Triumph of the Tides but I'm not sure I can because I'll be going on vacation in a week or so. Does anyone know what is the minimum amount of event currency that most likely guarantess that one can obtain all the necessary artifacts to evolve the event building to the max? :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'll try to get the Triumph of the Tides but I'm not sure I can because I'll be going on vacation in a week or so. Does anyone know what is the minimum amount of event currency that most likely guarantess that one can obtain all the necessary artifacts to evolve the event building to the max? :)
You need 260 points, and chests cost 19-30 and some give back currency.
Doing all of the quests and logging in for 5 minutes per day to get eh daily quest and collect 6 drops gives ~5K which is enough for 19 points per, so you'd need to be rather lucky.
Add in the welcome letter, an ashen phoenix and another 2 log ins per day to collect drops and you're much better off

Moho

Chef
Add in the welcome letter, an ashen phoenix and another 2 log ins per day to collect drops and you're much better off
I did all that in my older city, where I am on task 52. So far I have gathered 3086 Seahorse Food.

I also have two young cities that I set up right before the previous event. They lack the Ashen Phoenix and the initial email event currency. I'm on task 46 in both, with frequent visits. I have gathered 2601 Seahorse Food in one, and 2595 in the other.

AnselSkye

I did all that in my older city, where I am on task 52. So far I have gathered 3086 Seahorse Food.

I also have two young cities that I set up right before the previous event. They lack the Ashen Phoenix and the initial email event currency. I'm on task 46 in both, with frequent visits. I have gathered 2601 Seahorse Food in one, and 2595 in the other.
I'm on quest 52 with only 3064. Might as well give up now!

All kidding aside, I wonder where the difference is. I may have missed one or two pickups, but I don't know where I missed out on 22 food. Did you happen to purchase the building that gives pickup bonuses?

Moho

Chef
No, I purchased nothing. I have 3092 now. Are you visiting your city frequently? Are you using the Ashen Phoenix?

Please note the difference between the other two cities. It was similar the last event. In time the gap tends to widen, as though one city is run by a prince, and the other by the beggar. Right now the prince's city has 2610 Seahorse Food, and the beggar's only 2601.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
No, I purchased nothing. I have 3092 now. Are you visiting your city frequently? Are you using the Ashen Phoenix?

Please note the difference between the other two cities. It was similar the last event. In time the gap tends to widen, as though one city is run by a prince, and the other by the beggar. Right now the prince's city has 2610 Seahorse Food, and the beggar's only 2601.

These small differences just mean one city is getting more spawns that are worth 2 or 3 currency, while the others are just getting spawns worth 1 each. If this continues over the full 23 days, you could end up with a gap easily over 100.

qaccy

Heh, so having a switchable production is the justification Inno decided to go with for finally backsliding to the point where an evolving building now only provides a single production. I knew it was going to happen eventually, but I'll admit I didn't expect having the option to pick what the production would be. KP isn't one of them though, so I suspect we can forget about ever seeing that on an event building again.