• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Games discussion

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My biggest city is in orcs. So getting this building now means 2 chapters of spectacular mana production. This building only makes mana in two chapters but for those two chapters it makes mana better than anything else.

That is what I was going to point out, that this building does not seem to get really good and useful until you are in chapter 9+. Chapter 8 and below it is only so-so.

Dew Spinner

@Torcuato and @qaccy
My biggest city is in orcs. So getting this building now means 2 chapters of spectacular mana production. This building only makes mana in two chapters but for those two chapters it makes mana better than anything else.
I think the best thing about this building is, if you get it in lower chapters it grows with you...supplies, then Valorians, then mana, then seeds, then sentient goods. And if a particular week in tourney/spire eats through more of one of those you can switch it's production to catch back up on that particular resource. Higher chapter cities might not be keen on it but I think it is an all around good building for lower chapter players and it doesn't give SCROLLS! Unless, of course your sentients decay into SCROLLS! If in higher chapters I don't feel it is worth it's space I will just teleport it, no harm no foul..

Last edited:

Torcuato

I was in the middle of typing up a reply admitting that the productions are at least fairly large to make up for only being a single-production building, but after comparing them to my other buildings I'm still only mixed at best.

The supply production is lower than a workshop from the previous chapter for me, but it's probably not like that further down the tree where workshops are much smaller than the 30-square behemoths in chapter 17/18.

I can already collect enough seeds from my Trader to run 2 each of my T4/T5/T6 manufactories, so that production isn't going to be necessary either.

Following that, I'm already able to produce plenty of T5 (and mine's the one that decays into scrolls, everyone's favorite T2 good), though that production is decent as a 'free' (as in it doesn't cost seeds) source of T5 goods.

The Vallorian production is also decent. Absolutely doesn't hold a candle to training them in the Mercenary Camp, but that's by far my most taxed training building and it's about 2.5x better than a Vallorian Valor building for the space. So ultimately, I'd use it for the Vallorians. Still feels weak having a 16-square evolving building only producing a single unit, but at least it's a useful unit (or the most useful heavy melee unit, at least).
In chapter 8, Vallorian is level 1 and therefore inferior to Paladin (at least compared to human race). Supplies and T3 (at chapter 8) can be boosted with spells, but not this building. Considering it's the biggest reward from an event that makes you jump so many "hoops", very disappointing. Owl building gives you close in supplies AND about the same in T3 (so about double).

Iyapo1

@Torcuato
Thank you, I messed my math up. In chapter 7 it's only worth 40 squares not 70. 4/3 hour +1/9 hour assuming no PT and no POP spells.

Kekune

I like this building. It seems pretty useful. During a chapter, I put out a bunch of seed-producing buildings. In between chapters, I put out a bunch of vallorian valors. This building can do either, and it makes a LOT. So far as I can tell, it's about twice as good as any other still-available seed producer, and gives a decent amount of pop and culture to boot.

I know other evolvers give more stuff, but honestly I rarely want it all anyway. I kind of like being able to choose to get a lot of one thing I need rather than a little bit of 4 things, only 2 of which I actually want. It would be kinda nice if it had some kp or something on top, but that feels like a quibble.

Bonus points for looking pretty cool.

Gladiola

@Tauriel Dragonwood One strategy if you are a lower chapter player is to wait to scout provinces and complete province encounters until there is an event. This might slow down the rate at which you acquire province expansions, but it is great because it means that you will always have province encounters to complete for events. I'm on the last research in chapter 5 and have 87/100 required provinces to enter dwarves. Hopefully through this event I'll complete those last 13 provinces and enter dwarves. I definitely am not overscouted.

sasmitcl16

Is it possible to get the evolve building to stage 10 without hoping for artifacts from the league? I'm already in the dailies yet only 5 artifacts so far (thats stage6)

Aritra

Is it possible to get the evolve building to stage 10 without hoping for artifacts from the league? I'm already in the dailies yet only 5 artifacts so far (thats stage6)
Same.
Last event I barely got the last artifact and it was only because I was lucky with bonus currency in the chests. I'm this deep in and have only gotten bonus currency once in one city and none in the other, so I'm a bit concerned... :eek:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Possible? Yes, but for most players, it's going to be pretty close, and just barely getting it or falling short by 10-20 points will be very common.

The Unbeliever

Possible? Yes, but for most players, it's going to be pretty close, and just barely getting it or falling short by 10-20 points will be very common.
We'll see tomorrow I guess, whether this is even an issue or not...

If the FA beginning soon on Beta still gives out 2 artifacts, then falling just short during the event itself will suck for sure, but is not catastrophic.
On the other hand, if the FA removes artifacts altogether, and leaves them just to (maybe) showing up eventually in the Spire, then the Devs are yet again just flipping players the bird while rubbing salt in the open wound.

defiantoneks

if we're going to have a daily prize of AKP, can it at least be as big as the consolation prizes? Really ridiculous to have 10 AKP as the "main" prize when there are "lesser" prizes of 20 or 2x 15 available all the time.

how about 30?

TalimSwift

I dont know about you guys, but them giving artifacts in silver and gold leagues is, if not stupid, certainly useless. Here's my point.
I'm in the process of demonstrating (to myself) that with ZERO luck, cuz thats where i'm at right now, with 16 quests left, and daily 35's and pickups to come, i just got the 6th artifact (ofc 2 of them came from quests), + i'm 7/20 on next prize, not an artifact.
At this rate, meaning, never getting bonus currencies no matter which chest you choose, i expect to reach the 7th, and maybe come close to the 8th.

Now, my options to max the building at this point, "go through more hoops" than i already have, by spending diamonds, because with zero luck, i'm bound to fall short on silver league.
But if i HAD gotten lucky with a couple 80's and 150's and 200's, i'd be on course to get the 9 artifacts, silver or no silver, gold or no gold...
See my point?
If you're lucky, you get the 9 + 1 or 2 more from the leagues, if you're not, you finish in bronze and if you spend to get out of bronze to get the remaining artifacts you need, you'll get them from the "hoops" before you even get them as rewards from your standings.
So why then give them in the league standings if 100% (if not 100, then 99%) of those who score enough will have gotten all the artifacts they needed anyways?????

Last edited:

BrinDarby

Again tho, this is a specific bldg Nerf .... Inno is now saying the following :
We gave you Ashton Phoenix, and we are not only Nerf'n it to nothing, but
we are also going to penalize anyone who doesn't have a fully evolved one.

The effect is a gamewide Nerf, to anyone who didn't know they need'd it
and converted artifacts, or anyone not here during that event to get the
Ashton Phoenix. The Leagues themselves is the "vehicle" for the Nerf.

Event Currency is now hard-wired for only paying customers, or those
who get "really lucky" ... to just complete an event on thier own...

To me .... its Simple .....
If you complete ALL 75 tasks, and only take 12 drops a day ( 2 visits full )
you SHOULD be able to just barely complete an event, without and Luck
involved.... If you don't want that many ppl to finish, make the tasks harder.
Prob is the old players, can always just boost/spell thier way outta it, while
newer players cannot......

Triumph of Tides also shows us all, if the trend continues, that from now on
the mac-daddy bldg in an event, will be nothing more than a slightly better
daily prize bldg ..... Thats Rediculious !!!!!!!

Before, by evolving, you gained things ya got..... ie- reg/bonus production
and then xtras ... ToT basically gives you 4 choices all the way thru ... So
for the 1st time, a fully evolved bldg isn't necessary .... the difference @
Stage 7,8,9,10 isn't that big .... You should be getting in some way,
reg, bonus, & xtra no matter what by evolving up the chain, and there
should be a Stage 10 xtra, not available any other way than S10.

If you're gonna give more choices thru evolution then why not like this :
( what I might see as a CH4 player )

S1-3 : choice of coins or tools
S4-5 : choice of non boosted T1
S6-7 : choice of troops
S8-9 : choice of non boosted T2
S10 : choice of KP/coin rain/tool rain
(Yes in this senario a fully evolved bldg would get some of 5 things.)

Yes as someone described, they are happy with alot of 1 thing not some
of many things, but if I compare ToT with say Witches Hut.... the difference
is big in what you "don't get" ..... Every fully evolved bldg I own, gives me
@ least 3 things, and if combined would be double what ToT gives min.

Why would I want ToT , when Pilgrim Woodworks or Stone Mason makes
more per day, than any of my ToT choices are ..... for a much smaller footprint.
even Watchfull Winter Owl puts ToT to shame, or Wise Golumn, or Witches Hut...
do I need to keep listing much better Evolves ?????

This is a 2 part problem ....
1) ToT is too nerf'd, and poorly implemented on choices
2) Leages/Ashton Phoenix have effectively Nerf'd the game back to a more
P2P environment, and this seems to be the trend for the long haul.