• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Games discussion

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Leages/Ashton Phoenix have effectively Nerf'd the game back to a more
P2P environment, and this seems to be the trend for the long haul
All will be revealed tomorrow before noon.* There are 2 possibilities that I can see:
1. There are the "usual" 2 artifacts in the Beta FA
= All players are 100% guaranteed a fully evolved ToT if they do all quests
2. There is some other non-artifact prize in the Beta FA
= Pay to Play for events.

I suspect #2, but Inno's a helluva wildcard and I wouldn't make a serious wager either way.

*Noon my time, all other timezones are wrong. note that this moves as I travel.

Edit: Damn, inno is even more of a wilcard than I thought, delaying the FA for "technical reasons" just so that we won't know if there are artifacts or not...

Last edited:

Euphrates Tigris

I think I have an annoying glitch. 3 or 4 times in a ROW now, the event has asked for me to solve 10 encounters or spire encounters, plus research a tech and vision vapors. This is INSANE. I don't have the coin to scout AGAIN and boosters to speed it up AGAIN, then resources to solve them all. Ditto for Spire. I've looked on Elvengems, and nowhere does it show me so many quests in a row for encounters. It's not even giving me a choice of tournament encounters. Can someone please tell me what to do?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I think I have an annoying glitch. 3 or 4 times in a ROW now, the event has asked for me to solve 10 encounters or spire encounters, plus research a tech and vision vapors. This is INSANE. I don't have the coin to scout AGAIN and boosters to speed it up AGAIN, then resources to solve them all. Ditto for Spire. I've looked on Elvengems, and nowhere does it show me so many quests in a row for encounters. It's not even giving me a choice of tournament encounters. Can someone please tell me what to do?
Write Support

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Euphrates Tigris what is the quest number that you are on? I think I remember two of those quests in a row, which is not how it was on Beta, so it will not show that way on any of the quest lists. But Inno always includes a disclaimer that things can change between Beta and the Live servers, so we are stuck with whatever changes they may make.

Aritra

@Euphrates Tigris what is the quest number that you are on? I think I remember two of those quests in a row, which is not how it was on Beta, so it will not show that way on any of the quest lists. But Inno always includes a disclaimer that things can change between Beta and the Live servers, so we are stuck with whatever changes they may make.
According to my notes, it sounds like quests 55-56, which was an annoying speed bump :rolleyes: (but too close to normal to be concerned, IMO)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
According to my notes, it sounds like quests 55-56, which was an annoying speed bump :rolleyes: (but too close to normal to be concerned, IMO)

This was something earlier than that, if I am remembering correctly. The current daily quest is #61 and those back to back ones seemed a lot earlier in the quests than just four quests before tonight.

Last edited:

Euphrates Tigris

This was something earlier than that, if I am remembering correctly. The current daily quest is #61 and those back to back ones seemed a lot earlier in the quests than just four quests before tonight.

Yes, I'm about 55, but I've already done 3 in a row requiring regular encounters and Spire ones, plus the vision vapor, etc. This is the 4th time now. Elvengems lists the quests, and no where does it show this many back to back

Moho

Chef

Lelanya

So far as the quest list debate goes. I Beta tested Gems' list. I am just about to start the Daily quests on Live, and yes there does seem to be a stretch all together, although not one right on top of another outside of 2/55 and 3/56. When I get there, I'll post again.

Good news EveryBody!!! Beta FA has the Triumph of the Tides Artifacts, see my News from Beta post. :)

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Beginner players will not find it easy completing quests in the Elvarian Games

We shouldn’t overscout because provinces will become Very Hard to complete. But… this game forces you to overscout, especially this event.
My elven friend, who I convinced to play Elvenar, is having a hard time trying to complete the Elvarian Games event quests.
She’s up to the quest to Collect 12 Relics, Solve 6 Encounters or Collect 15 Vision Vapor.

Relics can be collected from aiding and from the Tournament (just need to wait 67 hrs. for it to open). Those in the beginning chapters can only complete 3 or 4 encounters in the Tournament. That’s not fair.

Spell Fragments are needed to craft a recipe that gives you Vision Vapor. She would need to disenchant all the items in her inventory to have enough Spell Fragments to craft a recipe. That she is not doing. Spell Fragments can be randomly found in the Spire of Eternity, which is not an option for Chapter 2 players. The 1st technology of Chapter 3 needs to be completed to gain access to the Spire of Eternity.

She also has the option to buy diamonds. I did because I couldn’t miss crafting the Fire Phoenix recipe and gain 19 Vision Vapor.
Hopefully with the diamonds I bought I can evolve this critter.

To complete this quest, my elven friend will need to solve encounters on the World Map to gain relics. Thus, leading to overscouting. Ugh!
I get so tired of this not overschout whatever thing, just scout as much as you want.
Pre orc this means you will need some decent tournament activity to not get stuck by the orc wall, but beside that it doesnt matter at all.

I have always scouted as much as I can in any city I played, I have never worried about not overschout whatever BS

Lelanya

Sorry folks @Euphrates Tigris has a bug. I've just arrived #4/57, and it's :
Gain 2 Combine Catalyst Spells AND
Produce fresh Supplies ... or
Release a couple of Wonders errrr Recruit troops.

Iyapo1

I get so tired of this not overschout whatever thing, just scout as much as you want.
Pre orc this means you will need some decent tournament activity to not get stuck by the orc wall, but beside that it doesnt matter at all.

I have always scouted as much as I can in any city I played, I have never worried about not overschout whatever BS
Early game, chapter 3-5, there is a really tight spot. The cost for clearing a map province rapidly outpaces production ability and the enemy squad size increases smack your troops deader than dead.
Over scouting in that one little point can cause problems. The more you over scout the worse the problem. So for the period between chapter 3-5 players should only scout one province ahead of need. In other words...only have one open province at a time and try to keep the number at or below chest limits in the tech tree.
I have taken several cities through this. It has been this way for years. Exactly where a player hits this spot and how long it takes to dig out is flexible. Also the military boost buildings and instants are like a camp shovel, they can get you out quick.....i imagine they can also result in a much deeper hole.

Other than that one point....stay off the orc wall until you get to orcs( over 222 provinces).

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Early game, chapter 3-5, there is a really tight spot. The cost for clearing a map province rapidly outpaces production ability and the enemy squad size increases smack your troops deader than dead.
Over scouting in that one little point can cause problems. The more you over scout the worse the problem. So for the period between chapter 3-5 players should only scout one province ahead of need. In other words...only have one open province at a time and try to keep the number at or below chest limits in the tech tree.
I have taken several cities through this. It has been this way for years. Exactly where a player hits this spot and how long it takes to dig out is flexible. Also the military boost buildings and instants are like a camp shovel, they can get you out quick.....i imagine they can also result in a much deeper hole.

Other than that one point....stay off the orc wall until you get to orcs( over 222 provinces).
Whats why fellowships exist, you do not always have to do everything alone,
I can spare 10K goods than will get them going for a while.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Whats why fellowships exist, you do not always have to do everything alone,
I can spare 10K goods than will get them going for a while.
I know some fellowships are very generous in helping new players forever.
Is there a limit to your help?

Huor

Seems the game will try and keep you from over scouting too much as I scouted a province to see if I could reach a player to trade with for no trader fee. I knew going into the scout that I would be catering, but the catering requires orcs. I'm chapter 6 and under scouted by 14 at this point. Not many orcs in chapter 6. lol.