• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Games discussion

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Does that mean we are NOT the normal players or the Average Players??? ... I will assume that we must be above average then.. OK right?

Probably about 80% above average, 15% new forum members looking for help, and 5% straight-up trolls. Though some of them have been quiet lately, so that may be lower than 5% now. lol

BrinDarby

ok , looking @ GP advancement ......
Elvengems says every artifact GP , is "every other one" ... with a
non-artifact GP inbetween. I have earned 4 artifcts, and 1 from
the questline, so 5 total ..... ( 140 pts total )

I just noticed the GP I'm on ( 100% supply boost ) is followed by
(random rune shard) then an artifact GP ... thus this artifact will
cost me 60 pts not 40 ..... ( WTH :mad: )

Is Elvengems wrong ??? or did Inno sneak in an xtra non artifact GP
on us ???? can anyone address this curiosity ????? doesn't this also
mean 9 artifacts will be > 260 pts ????

Edit : Just noticed it might be showing backwards, if so disreguard this whole post

Last edited:

satchmo33

Is anyone else experiencing the glitch in the event of not getting credit for goods collections in the event quest boxes? For two days now, I collect goods....look at the quest total...and there's zippo added. Wrote to support and they denied the glitch, but then credited me for a fraction of the amount I collected. Support ASSUMES that there's no glitch - that the player is wrong. Bah!

I wonder what ELSE they're gypping us out of? I usually don't pay any attention. Just go on my merry way producing/collecting/etc. without CHECKING to see if I'm getting proper credit for my work. This is making me paranoid about the entire dang game.

OIM20

Completely out of left field, I guess, and I probably overlooked someone else mentioning it, but thank you to the devs for changing "Amateur" to "Iron" on the league names. I remember several folks felt insulted about the 'amateur' label in the last event, so I'm glad the devs listened on that point. :)

Tauriel Dragonwood

I get so tired of this not overschout whatever thing, just scout as much as you want.
Pre orc this means you will need some decent tournament activity to not get stuck by the orc wall, but beside that it doesnt matter at all.

I have always scouted as much as I can in any city I played, I have never worried about not overschout whatever BS
Sorry to read you're tired of this not overscout whatever thing, but it can be prevented. If you have not overscouted, you won't have to battle or negotiate in Very Hard provinces on the World Map. I'm past the Orcs & Goblins chapter so I have plenty of Orcs to trade. I would rather trade my goods with my fellowship and neighbors rather than use up all my goods negotiating in Very Hard provinces.

Tauriel Dragonwood

There is the option of getting the event buildings early on that can be disenchanted. You'll want to obtain a higher chapter version before the event closes if you can anyway -- if it's a building you're interested in having. While the options available to chapter one and two players aren't the most agreeable choices to many, there are options for obtaining the necessary items for the quests. Number 30 doesn't offer an alternative to obtaining spell fragments, so players not yet in chapter three need to disenchant just to move beyond that quest.

I agree that it would be nice if the code that reads what chapter you're in to assign values to how much of [item x] you need to collect / produce for the quest for mundane items also applied to spell fragments. But if it did that, then those in higher chapters would be forced to obtain more fragments, so if the devs did implement code like that, they would need to put a ceiling on it for later chapter players.

And it simply couldn't apply to vision vapor, because the amount of VV doesn't increase with upgrading the MA -- but the amount of spell fragments you get for disenchanting does increase, so there is an argument for that being on a very small but graduated scale to keep early chapter players interested in the game. So instead of "Collect 600 Spell Fragments" it could be 300, as a fully upgraded MA gives 100% return on disenchanted items. This would mean that the players in chapters one and two would only need to disenchant one event building, instead of one event building and several spells (or AW KP, but I'm not one to give those back to the nether).

As for obtaining CCs, it is time consuming to early chapter players. I believe all of this is done by design to encourage players to move quickly into chapter three, which, as you've noted, does encourage overscouting. If the devs were to re-evaluate the difficulty scale such that scouting and resolving all the provinces of a whole ring were possible without increasing the difficulty by two levels, something that could be limited to, say, ring 4 or less, it might help with player retention for those who join during or just prior to events. Seeing the event quests become increasingly difficult as they sit alongside chapter quests like "obtain 25 [T1+1]" or "produce 200 supplies" to the point that the event quests seem impossible to attain might be a reason for game abandonment as players become increasingly disheartened.
_______________________________________________​
tl;dr: I agree with you that early chapter choices aren't the best, and the devs might possibly spend some of their time re-evaluating applying the scalable factor code to quests relying on spell fragments and CCs.
You have some excellent ideas. I wish you were one of the game developers.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I’m trying to complete the quest “Solve 10 Encounters and/or Solve Spire Encounters. Because the Tournament was closed, I was only able to solve 8 encounters in the Spire. When the Tournament finally opened, I went there to solve the remaining encounters but the encounters in the Tournament were not counted toward completing this quest.

Solving too many Encounters on the World Map can lead to overscouting, which can make the game much more difficult for us Elvenar players. Can’t the game devs make those type of quests to “Solve Encounters” also include encounters in the Tournament?

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Tauriel Dragonwood I started in Winyandor the night before the event started, I’m already on quest number 41 the only hiccups I ran into was not having a MA for the use of enchantment quest and at the start of produce x amount of goods quest with only level 3 factories. That issue was solved by talking to my archmage who set me up with goods for doing upgrades and some scouting, I needed to find provinces with my boosts.

Is your friend aware that they can grab 5 relics from the MA and not collect until the quest with relics appear? That’s what I have been doing and also the spell fragment quests I have been burning the KP instants I’ll get more later in the game to restock what I burned.
Being in a fellowship can help tremendously, especially when it comes to needing goods. It looks like you've found a great fellowship. Aye, my friend was aware she could craft relics from the MA but she needed spell fragments to do so. She doesn't want to join a fellowship yet until she is convinced the game is worth playing. So far, being only up to Chapter 2, she is so frustrated with the event that she is thinking of quitting the game.

OIM20

You have some excellent ideas. I wish you were one of the game developers.
Flatterer. :)
She doesn't want to join a fellowship yet until she is convinced the game is worth playing. So far, being only up to Chapter 2, she is so frustrated with the event that she is thinking of quitting the game.
I do appreciate her reasoning. However, I would point out that the tournaments offer a very good way to get spells and KP in addition to relics. Since she's overscouting anyway (I assume, based on what's been said; sorry if I've got that wrong), it might be best to put it to good use. The good news is that you can join an FS during the tourney/Spire cycle and still be able to participate. It's only the FAs, as I understand it, that you can't. And once she's pushed into chapter 3, opening up the Spire to be able to get the CCs and spell fragments more easily than she can in chapter 2, she can slow down (depending on what FS she joins and their rules on scoring and tourney/Spire participation) to be able to appreciate the 'pretty city' aspect more. ;)

Seriously, that's what I do with my overscouting. I use it to obtain tourney bonuses, especially the KP for provinces 10+ (only in Elcy so far - I'm working on this for Sinya and Harandar), which gets fed into both the tech tree and my AWs, depending on my focus at the moment. If I'm at a point where I'm being squeezed for a resource because I can't upgrade workshops / factories due to needing pop and I've maxed out my upgrades on residences, I focus on my GA for the pop (not yet in Harandar; I'll get there). But I won't lie - I still scout and I still clear encounters regularly because I want to be able to get at least one additional expansion before the FA comes around when I know it's coming.

And I think, too, it depends on what she's wanting out of the game. This isn't a fast-paced game, but it can be very engaging, especially if she finds the right FS fit.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Sorry to read you're tired of this not overscout whatever thing, but it can be prevented. If you have not overscouted, you won't have to battle or negotiate in Very Hard provinces on the World Map. I'm past the Orcs & Goblins chapter so I have plenty of Orcs to trade. I would rather trade my goods with my fellowship and neighbors rather than use up all my goods negotiating in Very Hard provinces.
The point is that it's mostly BS.

You do not need to prevent overschouting, there is no such thing as overschouting. It does not exist.
Once your relic bonus is on par I have never seen a player low on goods, we all have too much. Who cares you need to negotiate an very hard province?
What else to do with a pile of too much goods?

Sit on it, looking at it while it grows and grows and grows and grows? Why not use it and unlock some very hard provinces?