• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Games discussion

StarLoad

The point is that it's mostly BS.

You do not need to prevent overschouting, there is no such thing as overschouting. It does not exist.
Once your relic bonus is on par I have never seen a player low on goods, we all have too much. Who cares you need to negotiate an very hard province?
What else to do with a pile of too much goods?

Sit on it, looking at it while it grows and grows and grows and grows? Why not use it and unlock some very hard provinces?
And what does the Pre-Orc player do when he has scouted to the orc wall and cant cater without Orcs? Does that not exist?

HonuMoana

This event does have the best engine for the choices when cashing the points. It is quick, not confusing, and has a fun animation.

The Diving Platform is one of the best buildings ever, hilarious animation, but the coloring needs a slight adjustment, especially on top...

Iyapo1

The point is that it's mostly BS.

You do not need to prevent overschouting, there is no such
In chapter 3-5 there is such a thing and the orc wall is unmoved by your assertion. Your advice is great for people in chapter 8+.

Once your relic bonus is on par I have never seen a player low on goods

This does not happen until chapter 5+. Prior to reaching max relic bonus players run out of goods.
Who cares you need to negotiate an very hard province?
What else to do with a pile of too much goods?
Prior to chapter 5 players run out of goods so obviously they dont have a pile of goods! They cannot afford to follow your advice unless someone is funding them.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
In chapter 3-5 there is such a thing and the orc wall is unmoved by your assertion. Your advice is great for people in chapter 8+.

If you can spare the goods use them, if you can't dont, andwhen you do not have the goods yet you can still scout them, goods will come your way pretty soon.
Also the orc wall is a moot argument, the only warning that is sufficient is to keep some scouten non orcs provinces in reserve, this is more than sufficient for the very rare case you get an assignment you cannot solve in any other way. (and usually those are fixed on beta)

There is a differece between scouting and solving provinces. scouting only cost coins.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
And what does the Pre-Orc player do when he has scouted to the orc wall and cant cater without Orcs? Does that not exist?
As I keep repeating, keep scouting, there is no problem hitting the orc wall. as I said over and over and over again, there is a difference between scouting and solving provinces. and event assignments that require provinces without any alternative are rare, very rare.

Iyapo1

@CrazyWizard Yes, scouting only costs coins but the price for clearing a scouted provinces is locked in at the time of scouting and early game, chapter 3-5, there is a really tight spot. The cost for clearing a map province rapidly outpaces production ability and the enemy squad size increases smack your troops dead.

The more provinces a player scouts and locks in at a cost above their own production capacity, the longer it will take said player dig out. Sticking close to the chest requirements reduces the number of provinces locked in thus reducing the time it takes to dig out.

StarLoad

As I keep repeating, keep scouting, there is no problem hitting the orc wall. as I said over and over and over again, there is a difference between scouting and solving provinces. and event assignments that require provinces without any alternative are rare, very rare.
What is the point of scouting if not to complete the provinces and at some point, you will have scouted all around and can scout no more until you complete the provinces to UNLOCK additional scouting, and the lower the ring the faster you will get to that point?
Scouting for the sake of scouting is silly

LordVorKon

Can’t the game devs make those type of quests to “Solve Encounters” also include encounters in the Tournament?

There are two different quest goals:
One of them reads "Solve Encounters and/or Spire Encounters".
The other reads "Solve Encounters and/or Tournament Encounters".

So yes, of course the devs could choose to merge the two quest types. At the expense of making yet another quest that just says "Do what you were going to do anyway; your participation trophy awaits."

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I have a province where I scouted a couple of rings into the red, and it took 4 chapters to reach a remotely reasonable setting. The few provinces left in this ring are all blue and have been since prior to unlocking scout, but this one is locked in at ridiculous rates and just hit yellow last week!

I know this one poster bills himself as an original player (or second gen), but the advice given is not feasible for many players - especially not beginners. Exercise caution especially at the start, is my advice.

My newest city is mid chapter 3 and it's not going to finish the questline, because 4 whole tourney provinces per type cannot possibly get there. I think what we are trying to say is that these events are getting trickier for those without a lot of resources. And with this the case, I am dreading the Bear event, to be honest, it gives powerful Artifacts so will be tough to solve .

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There are two different quest goals:
One of them reads "Solve Encounters and/or Spire Encounters".
The other reads "Solve Encounters and/or Tournament Encounters".

So yes, of course the devs could choose to merge the two quest types. At the expense of making yet another quest that just says "Do what you were going to do anyway; your participation trophy awaits."

This is still all purely situational based on a player's chapter and how much they have scouted in general, or pre-scouted and saved for events.

For example, My US city is in chapter 18 and my scouts takes just over 5 days to complete. The daily quests from the past weekend used up all my map provinces, so when we got the one on Sunday night to complete 10 encounters and/or tournament encounters, guess what? My choice was to wait until Tuesday for the tournament to start or burn about 120 hours worth of time boosters to scout two provinces. If these quests gave an option of all three types of encounters, I could have completed the quest on Sunday by using the Spire and a few time boosters, instead of waiting until Tuesday to complete it.

The one thing I will say is that if they did make it an "any of the three" quest, they should go back to when it was just an Or quest and not an and/or. No mixing and matching if we can use any of the three types. That would keep them from being too easy to do.

LordVorKon

If these quests gave an option of all three types of encounters, I could have completed the quest on Sunday by using the Spire and a few time boosters, instead of waiting until Tuesday to complete it.

Yeah... that's kinda what I said. It would be less likely that you would have to do something you weren't going to do anyway.

StarLoad

If I had one item of feedback it would be to align the quests with the target item better.

I think it is beyond the realm of common sense to ask a player to complete 10 spire encounters when the spire is set to a group of 4.
Make it 4-8-12 but not 10 (quest 52) or 6 (quest 15) as examples.

Ed

OIM20

Question: Are we going to just be given the event currency for the rest of the quests, or does it just unlock to #70, or is this something that we can expect to be corrected?

bug thread post with screens

nvm, has been answered in other thread. :)

Last edited:

Gladiola

This is my first event since I started playing (which was just before the Ashen Phoenix event, so in the spring sometime) where I don't have enough "complete encounters" quests to push me into the next chapter (based on completing provinces). I'm at quest 71 with 95/100 provinces completed, and I don't see any more complete encounter quests in the event. (There is a collect 16 relics quest, but I should be able to complete that in the tournament next Tuesday, and even if not it would not push me over 100 provinces.)

I guess I will be playing Chapter 5 for another month. I was looking forward to Dwarves a bit, but it can't hurt to keep laying in those 50% supply instants in the Spire. It does give me some extra time to rearrange my city to be prepared for Dwarves.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I'm at quest 71 with 95/100 provinces completed, and I don't see any more complete encounter quests in the event. (There is a collect 16 relics quest, but I should be able to complete that in the tournament next Tuesday, and even if not it would not push me over 100 provinces.)
Are you actually incapable of restraining yourself from spoiling the quests for those of us who don't use cheatsheets?

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One

No it does not exist as long as he keeps about 5 non orc provinces as an emergency fund.
The orc wall scaretactics is just fearmongering, as long as you point players at this wall, and warn them to keep about 5 provinces for event safety reason and tell them to do as much alternative options as possible the orc wall is no issue at all.

It's only an issue if a person doesn't know, scouts and negotiates all free provinces and gets temporatily locked.

The issue in this case is not scouting btw, you can always scout as long as there is a unlocked province, scouting is not the same thing as negotiating them.

It takes time to scout a province as wel all know very well. it takes a lot of timeboosters to make up for all the lost time because of fearing something you should not fear. at some point you'll be like, why did I threw away months of scouting time for no apparent reason?

StarLoad

No it does not exist as long as he keeps about 5 non orc provinces as an emergency fund.
If it ONLY does not exist if you keep about 5 provinces in reserve, then by clear logic it exists but only becomes a non-issue if you keep 5 provinces uncompleted. And once you use 1 or more than by your words the "Orc Wall" suddenly exists?

It is not fearmongering it is education and helping newer players to progress smartly and to avoid some pitfalls along the way.

Gladiola

Are you actually incapable of restraining yourself from spoiling the quests for those of us who don't use cheatsheets?

If saying there aren't more encounter quests and there is a collect 16 relics quest has spoiled the quests for you, then I regret it. I don't want to minimize the extent of the injury I've done.

Alram

Flippers just flip
If saying there aren't more encounter quests and there is a collect 16 relics quest has spoiled the quests for you, then I regret it. I don't want to minimize the extent of the injury I've done.
It is ok. I can put you on ignore if you just can't help it.