• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Games discussion

Aritra

If you failed to make all 9 artifacts in the event, then it's because YOU failed - not Inno...

There has not been a single evo building event where it's been a 'pay-to-win' wall to complete all 9 evos for free. The newer 'shuffle board' events are so beyond childishly easy especially, that you have to actually go out of your way to purposefully fail!
...for example, I was so unimpressed by how gak-awful the May event building was, that my E-world city didn't even bother to finish the quest line! I was about 7-8 quests shy by the end, and I still even won the 2nd copy of the Lv1 base building!lol.

Completing 9 artifacts is simple, even if you're a 100% free to play player;
1. Complete. The. Entire. Quest. Line.
Inno has watered these down to the point that even Ch1 cities can do this. If you're not able to finish the entire quest line, then you may need to re-evaluate your city & how you're playing the game.

2. Pick up at least 16-18 incidents per day.
As these fall roughly at a rate of 1/hr, and don't max out until 6 have been left uncollected about your city, it's fairly simple to keep things mostly cleaned up. Even with a steady job/family, a few bathroom breaks are all the time required to at least sweep about the city outskirts for incidents.

3. Use Gems of Knowledge/Platinum Leaf, etc... resources to always choose the most 'grand prize' efficient choices
In any of the '3 rotating chests' formats, these on-line resources do all the hard math for the rest of us, and picking the right chests to maximise the number of grand prizes received is as simply as just reading a basic chart & picking the smallest number.
The shuffle board style events are even easier! Just use/save up your 'reveal 2' & 'x2' bonuses to find and/or double up the bonus grand prize pts!

The only mini game here where things might actually get 'difficult', is the Halloween event, as that requires knowing how to best utilise the 3 tools to most efficiently clear out the mist.

4. Find a Fellowship that can complete the Fellowship Adventures.
Now, even *if* you fail to win all 9 artifacts during the event itself, as long as you're in a fellowship that can complete 1 of the 3 paths on each stage of the FA's, you'll gain 2 additional artifacts!
Any fellowship that at least has a pulse vs. 15-20+ abandoned cities can easily complete 1 path on each stage, as we have a little over 6 days in which to do so!

...now, if even still, you're routinely only gaining 4-6 artifacts per event, then honestly, you're simply not playing the game actively at all and thus, it isn't INNO's fault that you're choosing to spend time & energy on other priorities.
Just like in school, if you only complete 50% of the work, you'll be lucky to achieve a passing grade. Events are no different; if you're only putting in 50-75% of the requirements, then don't expect 100% results. :rolleyes:
:mad: This is offensive. I put in 100% work and could not achieve 100% results (fully evolved building). I am not new. I know how to play.

There is definitely a luck factor involved, also. I missed almost no currency drops (only a couple times during the entire event did I collect six at once, and I do not believe it was waiting long for me to free it up to drop more) and quest-locked long before end of event (finished quest lines, of course). I made what I believed to be the best choices on the rings. There is literally nothing I could have done other than purchase to result better. What made the difference, I fully believe, was the bonus currency (or lack thereof) from the rings. I hardly got any in either of my cities and I am confident that if I had hit those a little more, it would have been enough to get my ninth artifact. Quest+fallen+daily currency was simply not enough. I wasn't as lucky as the last event and it cost me.

I think I understand what your actual point is (regarding people not fully doing the event and still expecting the complete building). However, suggesting that failure to complete the building is due to failure to put in the work is wrong. :mad: Not only that, you seem to also suggest that a complete building is possible even without doing all the work, implying the failures are idiots (no, you did not use that word, but it sure felt that way).

Each of my cities is in a great FS and I will have no problem finishing it, but that is beside the point. It is good that FA artifacts are there to fall back on, but we shouldn't have to need them, especially for players who did put in the work.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Quest+fallen+daily currency was simply not enough. I wasn't as lucky as the last event and it cost me.

For an example, I got back around 600-650 currency from the rings before I completed all the artifacts. That was about equal to the quest currency and the free 35 from the final 6 or 7 days of the event. I finished the 9th artifact with three days to go and before the free 35 from that night, or with around 325 to spare. So with zero extra won, I would have needed another 3 or 4 days of quests and daily free currency to finish the 9th artifact.

BrinDarby

@Aritra ,
Last event I paid diam in all 3 worlds cause I fell short of 260.
This event I tweak'd yet again which chests I took, and in all 3
worlds I hit 260, two I hit 280... I still feel as you do that currency
was nerf'd enuff too low so anyone doing all 75 tasks, won't hit
260 unless the RNG is nice to them. I will say just a slight tweak
in chest choices this time, overall did help me....
If Inno is gonna put 2 artifacts in the FA, then you only really have
to earn 7 ... you got 8.... but yes getting all 9 is a moral victory.

Having said all of that, I draw the line when top 20% (bronze)
doesn't hit 260.... @ that point, currency is too nerf'd ....

PS: I won over 700 currency in all 3 worlds, so the RNG ( this time )
was nice to me, Kharma from last event I guess .... heh
Also I don't have a StashOutpost, no Ashton Phoenix, or any
other things that help me earn currency, even no 100 email ...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Having said all of that, I draw the line when top 20% (bronze)
doesn't hit 260.... @ that point, currency is too nerf'd ....

For the last event, yes, but for this one, not so much. Getting 220 points means 7 artifacts total, plus the two available in the upcoming FA, for a complete building. Getting to 260 only matters for those players who do not do the FA or are in a fellowship that does not complete all three stages. Even for those players, 240 is a good score, for 8 artifacts, because almost any fellowship can complete the first two FA stages and get one extra artifact.

StarLoad

Well, I bought into the start and dropped 20$ and finished in Gold with 2 Temples one at 10 and one at 8, and with the 2 from the FA that will complete the pair. Do I care if others think less of me cause I spent money, nope, it is my choice on how I want to play this game.

BrinDarby

@Enevhar Aldarion ,
Well for this Evolve , Stage 7 is the breakpoint ... if thats so , then
thats 6 artifacts -2 from FA ... means ya only need 4 from the Event.

I can see the Premise by Inno, that...... well, ya get 8 from event, and
most FSs get ya @least 1 more in FA.... so there's thier benchmark.
( cause 9 = fully evolved bldg )

While less overall interest in this event exsisted, there was 1 kinda
juicy point..... +1 base and hit Silver ... because with 2 from FA, a player
can evolve (2) ToTs to stage 7, with 12 total artifacts.... One for mana
and one for seeds perhaps ??

There is a psychological association between finishing all 75 Tasks
to many players, and @least getting the full set or all 9 artifacts....
Its almost a moral victory for all that time invested.. It shouldn't
be left to a RNG to decide that.

Now that we have the leagues to show participation levels, I will
ask you Enevhar, doesn't 20% of active players seem like a good
balance, for rewarding a full set or all the artifacts (9) ??? or
should be there be more/less in your opinion ???

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Now that we have the leagues to show participation levels, I will
ask you Enevhar, doesn't 20% of active players seem like a good
balance, for rewarding a full set or all the artifacts (9) ??? or
should be there be more/less in your opinion ???

I think the three top leagues should be 25%, 15%, and 5%. I believe that would help Inno to get more people to spend, if those players think there is a more realistic chance they can get better rewards for just a few hundred diamonds, or a few dollars, more. It also depends on what "active" means to Inno because they won't tell us if just logging in at least once during the event counts, or collecting a daily reward or picking up a couple of spawns is all that is required, or if you have to actually participate and open at least one chest/ring/etc to be part in the percentage calculation and be in a league. I just checked Arendyll and there are a total of 63,743 cities, including all the way down to the ones with a zero score. If we are being generous, maybe 20,000 of them were logged into during the event, so only about 4000 cities would finish in gold, silver and bronze combined, with the current percentages.

The Unbeliever

:mad: This is offensive. I put in 100% work and could not achieve 100% results (fully evolved building). I am not new. I know how to play.
A very simple rule I live by, that means I never take offense unless it's extremely obvious: "Facts don't care about your feelings."
And yes, it *IS* a proven fact that if you follow through a very specific formula, you will be all but assured of achieving a fully upgraded building - only way to fail is either INNO screws up (ala Sorcerer's Homecoming fiasco), or you get horribly RNG-screwed. (because variance is a thing and it probably hates you!:p)

There is definitely a luck factor involved, also. I missed almost no currency drops (only a couple times during the entire event did I collect six at once, and I do not believe it was waiting long for me to free it up to drop more) and quest-locked long before end of event (finished quest lines, of course). I made what I believed to be the best choices on the rings. There is literally nothing I could have done other than purchase to result better. What made the difference, I fully believe, was the bonus currency (or lack thereof) from the rings. I hardly got any in either of my cities and I am confident that if I had hit those a little more, it would have been enough to get my ninth artifact. Quest+fallen+daily currency was simply not enough. I wasn't as lucky as the last event and it cost me.
Did you use the chest options chart from Gems, that actually mathed out what the adjusted progress costs were? Or did you just try and pick chests based on what you perceived to be the 'best' option without doing any math?
ie: if you chose 100% of the time in order of; 21 - 19 - 51 - 41 - 77 - 28, then the only way to fail was to basically be completely RNG-screwed.
(and if you did exactly that and still only got 8 artifacts, then I'm truly sorry that the random variance kicked you so hard in the teeth - we've all been there, and it sucks!)

But if you instead never looked up the chart and did not factor in the 'true' adjusted average costs/distance moved, then well, that's a "dang-it!"

Now, because I did the above, while I still had wild variance between my two cities, (K-world 294 vs. E-world only 280), I still very comfortably and easily managed 9 artifacts, despite my one city getting far fewer bonus currency pay-outs. :) (...and I would have easily made 300+ in my K-world if I hadn't been ganked by so many 30 - 58 - 78 combos, which was the absolute worst possible draw combo!)
My dad on the other hand, wasn't overly into the evo building itself, and thus just chose his chests based on daily prize %'s and 'screw the grand prize efficiency'. He finished with 1 city only 7 artifacts, 3 cities w/8 artifacts, and 1 city got the full 9 artifacts. So even with entirely ignoring the grand prize efficiency, he'll still make a full building in each city via the FA.
(mind you, now that he's learned that this building is the best/2nd best seed producer in the game, he's kicking himself for not being more focused on just the grand prize efficiency. ;):p)

I think I understand what your actual point is (regarding people not fully doing the event and still expecting the complete building). However, suggesting that failure to complete the building is due to failure to put in the work is wrong. :mad: Not only that, you seem to also suggest that a complete building is possible even without doing all the work, implying the failures are idiots (no, you did not use that word, but it sure felt that way).
In certain evets, yes, since the shuffle board events are so insanely easy to achieve 9 artifacts that in order to fail, you do indeed have to actively set out to fail! (or else, just all but ignore the event itself, etc...)

As I mentioned, during the May event, my E-world city didn't even finish the quest line! I left over 400 currencies from quests uncollected, because I simply couldn't have cared less about that event's evo building. Yet because I always used my x2 bonus ability to try and hit the 'bonus grand prize steps', I still not only made the full 9 artifacts from the event, but also managed to land the 2nd copy of the Lv1 building!
Now, if I were to be a lazy git and leave over 400 currencies uncollected in any other event, then I'd almost certainly fail to get 9 artifacts. (...only way to do it would be dias/stash outpost/insane luck w/bonus currencies/etc...)

Each of my cities is in a great FS and I will have no problem finishing it, but that is beside the point. It is good that FA artifacts are there to fall back on, but we shouldn't have to need them, especially for players who did put in the work.
Then if you know you'll simply complete the building via the FA, why complain?

Overall, this event was much better balanced vs. the previous Sorc's event in which INNO massively over-nerfed things, and thus made it all but impossible to gain a full set without either dias/stash outpost, or else being stupidly lucky on the bonus currencies... not to mention that even *after* this clusterfeth, they still decided not to throw the players a bone and at least put the Pilgrim's Forge into the FA.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Inventory time
I have ten cities, one on Beta and nine on live.
Nine finished the questline, one stuck on 3/56.
One city got 14 Grand Prizes including 2nd base; incidentally this one had the fed Ashen Phoenix, it won 1320 in Event Currency. I finished Silver with a total of 10 Artifacts.
Two cities got 13 Grand Prizes with 9 Artifacts (and only Bronze level), one won 910 in Event Currency; beta city appears to have won 540 according to my records. I do capture the event list, with numbers for gold, coins, goods and so forth. It is possible that I missed recording some EC won in chests.
Six cities got 12 Grand Prizes and 8 Artifacts, and of course landed in Bronze league.
One city did not finish the questline, and only got 10 Grand Prizes, for 6 Artifacts, and finished in Iron league.
My next lowest EC win was 790, in the city that did not finish; after that it was 720; it was building the 13th Grand Prize at the end.

Moho

Chef
I did have a fed ashen phoenix, if that makes a difference.
The city where I used the ashen phoenix and the 100 email currency didn't get any seahorse food when I went through the hoops. Not even once. I think I picked more seahorse food from the outskirts of my city than any player here, or even more than Inno itself dropped there for me. The city landed in the Bronze League at the end of the event. It's not a problem really. I'm just saying.

The Unbeliever

I should also mention that I didn't bother with an Ashen Phoenix in either of my cities, as I wasn't interested in the league rewards this time.
Nor did I get the bonus of the 100 free currencies from the event e-mail as dad snagged it this time around. >.<

Sadly I didn't bother keeping track of the bonus currencies I got from chests, but it didn't seem like it was an inordinate or particularly RNG blessed amount...
Rather, I was getting some runs of really decent chest combos showing up, such as getting the 19 hoop 5-6x in a row! Getting really good chest combos can typically be even more important than winning the bonus currencies, especially if it's the top 1-2 chest options showing up consecutively & often.

Now my K-world city had this balanced off by hitting an awful slew of '71' being the 'best' option, then hitting back-to-back or even trebble cycles of the dreaded 30 - 58 - 78 combo. :mad:
My E-world city made the 2nd Lv1 building on the very last roll with 0 currency left, and tis was only achieved because it finally won some bonuses twice in a row, (30 followed by an 80 win), and then hit a cycle of 4-5x 19 or 21 options popping up in a row! :D

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The city where I used the ashen phoenix and the 100 email currency didn't get any seahorse food when I went through the hoops. Not even once. I think I picked more seahorse food from the outskirts of my city than any player here, or even more than Inno itself dropped there for me. The city landed in the Bronze League at the end of the event. It's not a problem really. I'm just saying.
Yeah, that was bad luck indeed. I wish the events were not based on luck, but rather on strategy and time invested. Random luck will always give wildly different results, and it really galls me when someone is lucky and says "well, you just didn't try hard enough." :(

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yeah, that was bad luck indeed. I wish the events were not based on luck, but rather on strategy and time invested. Random luck will always give wildly different results, and it really galls me when someone is lucky and says "well, you just didn't try hard enough." :(

If they went to the Christmas post box version for everything, it would be a lot more fair and less based on luck, since there is no extra currency to win in those events.

BrinDarby

If they went to the Christmas post box version for everything, it would be a lot more fair and less based on luck, since there is no extra currency to win in those events.

While there isn't direct currency to win , the +2,+3,+4 GP points .... are even better than
xtra currency in my book. Everytime you do all 16 boxes, you usually get (2) +point draws.
if you use the Mag. glass you can cut that to 14/16 ... thats 350 currency per daily prize
( thats guarenteed ) and 1-2 (+) to GP prize points....

Since the "Chests" have no guarentee , then "post office" is ALOT more fair as far as daily
prizes go.... simple, each DP costs a max of 400 pts and maybee less with good luck. I spent
over 1200 currency twice in this event with 0 dailies won..... that just doesnt happen if you're
using the post office format.

Darielle

That would be okay as long as I didn't get the 2x on the last box, and then it was totally wasted. I hated that, and it happened twice in one event. :( I know you can just avoid doing that by waiting until the next day, but if you're really wanting to get multiples of today's prize, you need to get that last one so it will give you a new screen to try again. Using the "shuffle" early if you only have one left is just a waste of money.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That would be okay as long as I didn't get the 2x on the last box, and then it was totally wasted. I hated that, and it happened twice in one event. :( I know you can just avoid doing that by waiting until the next day, but if you're really wanting to get multiples of today's prize, you need to get that last one so it will give you a new screen to try again. Using the "shuffle" early if you only have one left is just a waste of money.

Don't forget that they took the 2X and Reveal 2 out of the boxes and you now use them after opening either 15 or 17 boxes, and can be used as soon as they are full or saved for the next set of 16 boxes.

Darielle

Don't forget that they took the 2X and Reveal 2 out of the boxes and you now use them after opening either 15 or 17 boxes, and can be used as soon as they are full or saved for the next set of 16 boxes.
Oops, yeah, I did forget that. YAY.

hvariidh gwendrot

i played this one at about 60% effort, i took all the weekends off lol and ended 50/50 on silver and bronze 2 of the silver have 10 artifacts and 2 of the bronze ended with 8 artifacts .. that's a bit of a spread in results