• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvenar bonus event gifts

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I did not get my 100 Sun Flares event gift that come from Elvenar newsletter. Neither did a couple of family members. It made no sense :confused: It occurred to me that maybe verizon.net email was filtering them as junk before we even got the email in Outlook. As a bit of background, Verizon bought AOL a couple of years ago. They technically shut down Verizon email and moved all of the verizon.net email to AOL still keeping it as xxxxx@verizon.net. So last night I went into all of my family accounts, since they are subs of mine, on the AOL website. Sure enough, all email from Elvenar had been filtered as junk so we did not receive any of our Sun Flare gifts. In fact, there was even Phoenix event email. So this is a warning to anybody who has verizon.net email. You need to check your email on the AOL website.

@Fairy Dust I'm thinking maybe Elvenar can do something on their end about Verizon/AOL so that a potentially large portion of their players receive Elvenar email?

Last edited:

NightshadeCS

I received the 100 sun flares but missed out on the last couple of events (no essence, no snowflakes). I have Gmail and check it on the web, not a third party client. I chalked it up to bad luck and shrugged it off. I was still able to get my level 10 Fire Chicken last time, with an extra evolution to sit in my inventory and taunt me.

I don't know if there is some randomness to the special offer where it is not sent to everyone, or if there have been problems getting it to everyone.

It getting filtered as junk is annoying, but hopefully you have one of those buttons in your email that says "this is not junk," or something to that effect. Clicking on that for Elvenar emails should help resolve the issue for you. Maybe a computer guru can tell us if it is even possible for Elvenar to do anything to prevent emails getting filtered as junk. I think that it is probably up to us. :oops::oops:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
On my main city I have never missed the event gifts. I'm thinking that, probably for some other reason, I checked it on the website when Phoenix event was on. I did add Elvenar to my contacts in Outlook so hopefully that will solve the problem. We shall see. Outlook cannot be set up to receive gmail. Some security excuse :rolleyes: I check that online occasionally anyway.

DeletedUser2959

I have never, ever received any newsletter or bonus despite having communications enabled.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I have never, ever received any newsletter or bonus despite having communications enabled.

Have you checked your email on your providers website? That was my point. We didn't get it in Outlook and we didn't get it on our phones. The various Elvenar email was filtered out and in the junk folder online before ever attempting to send it through to us. We have always had communications enabled.

Vergazi

It may just be the case that if one has a history of spending X amount of money on D amount of diamonds that they offer 0 amount of freebies o_O

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Well I have consistently spent $0 on 0 diamonds since I started and get the 100 sunflares/essence/snowflakes 100% of the time.:confused:
While I inconsistently spend $50-100 once or twice a year and get the offer every time except for the few months where I had communications turned off.

Just as a matter of anecdotal evidence, my university is stopping over 2 million emails from ever being seen by end users, while allowing through less than 40,000 each day. For every piece of email someone sees on our campus, approximately 98 others are never seen. Not even in their junk folder. If 20 people with your service provider played, quit playing, and marked messages as junk instead of unsubscribing, this could be you.