• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvenar chapter how many Settlements buildings?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yeah there might not be a finished guide for this chapter at Gems.
Buildings are described in the wiki:
Council Hall does not change size.
You will need about 8 Academies to start, and cut that back to 5, then however many you need to operate the next stage. They have to touch the portal directly so you park Council smack in the middle of your Guest Race space and try different arrangements to fit as many as possible. But iirc 8 seems the max.
Thd next bit is more complex.
You need Atelier, Factory and Agriculture, but in a certain order that is driven by the research tree. Factory and Agriculture productions are needed to unlock Vault. Build 1 or 2 of each, make the production, then store them, move onto the next one.
Lastly you need Vault of Wisdom, but it has to touch all 3 of the previous buildings to work! Again 1 or 2 will work. Many are tempted to just portal profit, but aha! The tech tree is tricky and you will waste a lot, but especially in the early phases.
Settle in. It's a long chapter.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Council Hall does not change size.
You will need about 8 Academies to start, and cut that back to 5, then however many you need to operate the next stage. They have to touch the portal directly so you park Council smack in the middle of your Guest Race space and try different arrangements to fit as many as possible. But iirc 8 seems the max.
Thd next bit is more complex.
You need Atelier, Factory and Agriculture, but in a certain order that is driven by the research tree. I will add in the order in an EDIT. Build 1 or 2 of each, make the production, then store them, move onto the next one.
Lastly you need Vault of Wisdom, but it has to touch all 3 of the previous buildings to work! Again 1 or 2 will work. Many are tempted to just portal profit, but aha! The tech tree is tricky and you will waste a lot, but especially in the early phases.
Settle in. It's a long chapter.

I think I only built 6 academies, because I did not have the space for the max. Also, I built two sets of the three middle production buildings on opposite sides of the portal, so my settlement went in a line and did not make one big square. Finally, if you have enough portal profits saved up, once you do the research for the vault, and build one for the quests, if you are doing them, you can sell off everything but the portal and not need any guest race goods the rest of the way, other than the ones provided by the portal profit. I think I said this in another thread about this chapter, but basically, part one of the chapter is super slow because you have to make the guest race goods to research the vault, and then it turns into a sprint in the second half, provided you have the PPs for it. And, of course, like every other chapter, make sure your portal is level 4 before dumping anything.

Lelanya

The square is the phase 1 config. After that the layout depends on the available space in any given city.
I went long with my lead city, and more squat and wide with the second one, to stack 5 of the interim tech and trim down to 2 Academies. The battle buff buildings fit in between the 2 Vaults in that arrangement.

Lelanya

And then there is sentient goods. Sigh
Remember when I said you can make do with 1 to 2? Nope, not anymore!
I run this chapter with 2 of S1 and S2, and 3 S3

Lelanya

Ah I am remembering. Eesh. It's the Academy productions that determine what is feasible. Just remember that you need Factory and Agriculture first, to unlock Vault, which is what you need to unlock its upgrade, in order to transform basic productions into more complex.
And this is supposed to be the heart of this 'guest race' - the blend of human and elven.

SilverbugLuxor

Ah I am remembering. Eesh. It's the Academy productions that determine what is feasible. Just remember that you need Factory and Agriculture first, to unlock Vault, which is what you need to unlock its upgrade, in order to transform basic productions into more complex.
And this is supposed to be the heart of this 'guest race' - the blend of human and elven.

Thank you :rolleyes:

SilverbugLuxor

I don't see that I need ideas, Workforce people or any deep study mass instructions in the Academy's after building the factory of elvenar?

Last edited: