• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvenar chapter, Ideas and Workforce required?

ElfGunn

In the Elvenar Guest Race Guide at Elvengems, in one place it says 135k each of Ideas and Workforce are required. In another place, it says 260k each are required. I've produced the 135k each (needed for the three buildings), but I can't see where the additional 125k are used.

Is this a typo in the Guide, or do I need to keep producing until I reach 260k each total? I'd like to sell some of the 8 Academies I have, to make room for the Atelier and the others.

Last edited:

ElfGunn

In the Elvenar Guest Race Guide at Elvengems, in one place it says 135k each of Ideas and Workforce are required. In another place, it says 260k each are required. I've produced the 135k each (needed for the three buildings), but I can't see where the additional 125k are used.

Is this a typo in the Guide, or do I need to keep producing until I reach 260k each total? I'd like to sell some of the 8 Academies I have, to make room for the Atelier and the others.

Are the extra Ideas and Workforce needed for upgrades to the Academies?

Flashfyre

What chapter are you in? I'm having trouble finding the Ideas and Workforce items you've referenced.

Also, the ElvenGems site is not being updated anymore; there may be incorrect information there.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Flashfyre
The 'Elvenar chapter' is Ch15 (yes, they named a chapter 'The Elvenar' :rolleyes:
@ElfGunn
Though Gems still has 'preview' next to the guest race chapter, the chapter information there is complete and remains accurate afaik. Underneath 'Academies' on that page is a table with a top note stating:
"A total of 265,000 Ideas and 265,000 Workforce will be required to unlock the next three production buildings." (bolding is mine)
I can't remember if that is for unlocking the techs or upgrading bldgs.
Further down the page, a table is available of the costs of all the research techs for the chapter, and there are columns at the end with guest race productions, but I can't remember what the small icons are. Is that where you're seeing a different number for Ideas/Workforce?
You can use this ElvenArchitect Research Calculator to verify the research costs for the chapter. This won't include costs for upgrading the guest race buildings, but may help you suss out what each section of the Gems guide is talking about. At the top of the page, select your race and the Elvenar chapter and click load. Mark any of the research techs complete that you have done; the calculator then tells you the amount of each resource needed to complete the remaining techs in the chapter.
Sorry I can't be more help. This is where I got really tired of slogging through chapters. I wanted the 3* troop promotions, so I suffered through it in both cities by using PP's. I never even built the Vault of Wisdom since it was only needed for capped goods.

Lady Dastardly

According to the wiki, 135k is the cost of unlocking the research for the 3 buildings. The rest are used in those 3 buildings to make their production goods. I'm getting ready to start this chapter, so I don't know if that's accurate from experience, but that seem to be where the higher amount would come from.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
This is where I got really tired of slogging through chapters. I wanted the 3* troop promotions, so I suffered through it in both cities by using PP's. I never even built the Vault of Wisdom since it was only needed for capped goods.

That's what I did too. If I didn't use pps in most chapters I'd fall asleep from the turtle pace, and even with them, the later chapters are still at a turtle pace. I've been in 17 since February with still a ways to go.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
135k is the cost of unlocking the research for the 3 buildings.
That tracks with the EA Research Calculator. 135K showed as the amount of Ideas/Workforce needed for research when I loaded the chapter with no techs marked as completed. There is also a note at the bottom of the list of resources:

Exceptions​

Does not include quests
Does not include production

Once you activate the Atlier/Factory/Agriculture bldg techs, the rest of the techs can be completed with PP's. Since the calculator doesn't include quests/productions, my guess would be the extra resource requirements are for the productions from the Atlier/Factory/Agri bldgs since they all require either Ideas or Workforce for their productions. Their productions are not capped (so PP's don't work for them) and 5K each of those are required to unlock future techs. If a player is not going to use PP, the resources produced in those bldgs are also used to make the capped goods in the Vault of Wisdom. There might be story quests as well, but I stopped following those several chapters before this one and just wait to clear them when I'm in the next chapter.

StarLoad

At that point in one city and will make the minimum needed to unlock the required tech and then move on. You do not need to complete the "Improved Academy or Advanced Vault". Once you get to the three "Elvenar Style barracks, Vault of Wisdom, and Elvenar Harp" unlocked you can PP your way to the end. and of course delete the guest race bldgs.

Ed