• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvenar Daily Quests - Alternate Repeatables

• Thread starter DeletedUser12423
  • Start date

DeletedUser12423

Just another bad idea of mine that will probably get flamed. That never stopped me before, and it won't now ^ ^

Elvenar Daily Quests - Repeatables that you will get very bored of very quickly, but you can actually earn 20 diamonds everyday.

(1) Log in - 0/1 (2 diamonds)
(2) Complete an encounter - 0/1 (2 diamonds)
(3) Gain a relic - 0/4 (2 diamonds)
(4) Trade with the wholesaler - 0/4 (2 diamonds)
(5) Accept a trade- 0/1 (2 diamonds)
(6) Post a trade - 0/1 (2 diamonds)
(7) Complete one building - 0/1 (2 diamonds)
(8) Neighborly Visits - 0/30 (2 diamonds)
(9) Stay logged in for one hour - 0/1 (2 diamonds)
(10) Spend any amount of diamonds - 0/1 (2 diamonds)

DeletedUser5800

Just another bad idea of mine
Free diamonds is never a bad idea! :D
Until someone has to ruin it by thinking about the Dev's... booo. ;)
Many games have a daily log-in bonus, even if you just got 5 for 7 days straight I'd have gotten like 400 by now!
Under your system it would be more like 10,000. So yes, I would take 10,000 diamonds. :cool:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
As much as I would love free diamonds, I think this is much more generous than inno is used to.
It takes about 18 months to go from the start to the end of halflings, which gives 2,200 diamonds if you complete the main storyline.
With these dailies you'd get an extra 11,000 diamonds which is $100 or so.
The downside to giving so many to a mostly free player is that it may remove any incentive to make occasional or 1 time purchases.
11,000+2,200 is enough to max out your MA, BH, and get a handful of expansions. I have a feeling that a significant chunk of the playerbase buys just those.

DeletedUser5800

11,000+2,200 is enough to max out your MA, BH, and get a handful of expansions. I have a feeling that a significant chunk of the playerbase buys just those.
But you really need to do that in the first 5 chapters to have the full benifit though, who want's to wait 18 months to upgrade essentials. If they made it that far they are probably fine with going sloooooooow. I vote more diamonds! :p

SoggyShorts

But you really need to do that in the first 5 chapters to have the full benifit though
Fair point. Still, even at the beginning if you knew you got 20 diamonds a day, it might hurt sales of that initial $10 package that comes with a free builder.
"Meh, if I like the game, in 18 days I'll get enough diamonds to just buy that builder."

To be clear, I want inno to give me diamonds for doing stuff I was going to do anyways, I just understand why they might not want to:)

HJK84

It is too much.
What I meant was, the idea is good. But needs work :p

Following might be harder to integrate; do something similar, then at the end, allow player to purchase the collected Diamonds for a SUPER SUPER lower price, lol

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Just another bad idea of mine that will probably get flamed.
I haven't seen any "bad" ideas from you. What happens is that those people who have been playing for a year or two face something similar every few months. There are many thousands of people playing the game and enjoying it, and every few months someone comes along and in completely innocent fashion, proposes a bunch of changes that they honestly feel would make the game better. At issue is that we are playing the game because we like the game. Making the game better for some people will often make it less fun for other people. Lots of people like the way provinces are handled, and don't necesarily want to experience surprise attacks with provinces that they can't finish by negotiating (there are actually people who never train troops unless forced to by some in-game requirement). Lots of people like the events, and like the incremental improvements they've received over time, and like the way they distribute prizes. For an idea to get traction, it needs to consider the effect it is going to have on the entire player-base. Otherwise, it tends to attract responses from people who see it as taking the game away from them.

This particular idea doesn't seem likely to hurt anyone who's already playing, so I think it has potential. That said, it makes the game easier, and I'm always suspicious of changes that make the game easier without balancing that with some increased difficulty, because games need to be challenging to retain people's interest. 20 free diamonds a day is actually a big change. And it means people who play for a week or two and then never come back will have enough diamonds that their abandoned cities will be protected from being deleted forever, which makes an existing problem potentially worse.

Maybe it could be done with a new currency that can be used to buy diamonds once a threshold is reached. Something like earn up to 50 diamond-chips per day, and when you have 500 diamond-chips, you can trade them for 100 diamonds. Any day when you don't log in, you lose 5 chips, until you have zero. That increases the incentive for daily play, to prevent loss, which adds something the developers need, which is regular log in to increase the chance of spending money.

DeletedUser5800

Maybe it could be done with a new currency that can be used to buy diamonds once a threshold is reached. Something like earn up to 50 diamond-chips per day, and when you have 500 diamond-chips, you can trade them for 100 diamonds.
That probably has a better chance, I was thinking coupon quest: Each day you can do 10 quest and the reward for completing all 10 would be 1% off your next purchase, stacks with other offers and caps at 50% or something. Another currency would work better psychologically just because you could see a pile of something amassing towards a goal rather than a % increasing on a coupon.

DeletedUser10133

It is too much.
What I meant was, the idea is good. But needs work :p

Following might be harder to integrate; do something similar, then at the end, allow player to purchase the collected Diamonds for a SUPER SUPER lower price, lol
I agree with you. It's a great idea; however giving out 2 diamonds for things that people normally finish daily just to complete the quests that are on the side, would be too expensive for Inno. If say 1 diamond was given for completing such items and then discounted offers for diamond purchases.

That's just my opinion. sry

DeletedUser5521

I haven't seen any "bad" ideas from you.
I concur. When people debate or question or outright oppose a proposed idea, it doesn't make it a bad idea. But it sure does get the brain juices flowing. That is the nature of the forum. You throw an idea out there and it either sinks or swims. Or occasionally gets flamed :eek:

But to stay on topic, I love games that offer a daily log in/play incentive, and I especially love games that offer incentives that expound upon the daily incentive by giving a weekly (or some such) for not missing a daily. One game I played did the daily, 5 dailies got you a separate, better bonus, and 5 of those bonuses got you a really nice big bonus. But if you missed even 1 day, it all reset back to day one. I don't know that The Devs would be willing to give a bunch of daily diamonds, but it could be a nice teaser if multiple daily log ins earned a little diamond reward, not enough to change the world, but perhaps enough to coax more players to spend a few dollars to have more..? ;)

DeletedUser12423

I love games that offer a daily log in/play incentive, and I especially love games that offer incentives that expound upon the daily incentive by giving a weekly (or some such) for not missing a daily
Exactly, it encourages players to remain active and gives them something for their time, even if it's monetary value is only pennies. It's something that will keep the game alive, not harm it. But, not all ideas are good ideas. And not all good ideas are seen by the right people. As I have recently realized in this forum.

SoggyShorts

I'd say very few ideas are perfect right out of the box. A few tweaks here and there can vastly improve them though. It's important to understand the motivation behind an idea as well. On Beta the accepted format for ideas is
  • Summary
  • Description
  • Motivation
  • Possible downsides
I'm not saying we need to use that format here, but it does give some insight into what inno thinks is important in an idea.

DeletedUser5800

And not all good ideas are seen by the right people. As I have recently realized in this forum.
OR perhaps not all ideas are seen by people that just agree with them.
I enjoy people tearing down my ideas, it makes me have better ideas. ;)
But of course there could be an RNG factor on ideas, every tenth idea just goes in the game. LOL
(Flaming indeed) but that would be a very interesting game. :D

I really like the once suggested diamond mine that would be a building with a very slow diamond production but that went no where fast.

There has been many a suggestion to put some method of natural diamond accrual in the game, the vast amount before they added them to the tech. tree and there were literally none after the tutorial. So they did eventually decide there was some sense into giving a taste and I do very much agree that it should be paired with habitual activity. It's just makes psychological sense to tie in $$$ with showing up all the time. The dev's should take a hard look at the concept one way or another, it has apparently worked well in a very many other games as almost all I've ever played have some form of the metric in place.

DeletedUser12423

The diamond amounts above are only a figure. Perhaps one would have to complete the entire list of dailies to get 20 or 25 diamonds. Again, I just bought diamonds during the event, so it's not like I'm asking for freebies. I'm actually thinking about everyone, not just myself, and also think we should consider our new friends from the mobile sources. I have seen a great number of games use a daily system, and those games have thrived. It kept players active and wanting more, not buying less. And I'm sure, the actual income would be increased as we keep players on mobile...rather then lose them.

I feel we truly need to implement some form of daily, and how even a small amount (pennies worth) of diamonds would help this game continue to grow, not harm it. And behind my logic are viable points. I have friends right now on mobile that have asked:

a) how do I get winter buildings? or b) how do I earn diamonds?

If you are wise, Inno, get the mobile players events as soon as freakin possible and implement daily diamond rewards or something to keep their interest.
As is the turn out rate is too high. Fix it.

DeletedUser9601

I feel we truly need to implement some form of daily, and how even a small amount (pennies worth) of diamonds would help this game continue to grow, not harm it. And behind my logic are viable points. I have friends right now on mobile that have asked

"Logic" and "what I see in other games" are all nice and good, but Inno and other massive online gaming companies have tons of research and data that dictate these decisions. Lots of industry experts spend time and resources whether daily/weekly/monthly premium currency rewards result in a larger player base, or more purchases down the road.

Another thing to keep in mind. If there is a pool of free diamonds out there, its likely that all diamond costs increase. Inno isn't going to be intentionally taking money out of its pockets, unless it results in more purchases down the line. So if you can consistently get 1,000 diamonds a month, for example, you should also expect that 1,000 diamonds gets you a lot less bang for your buck than it does now.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Again, I just bought diamonds during the event, so it's not like I'm asking for freebies.
Not that I'm opposed to the idea presented, but that's not a logical assertion. You are, in fact, asking for free diamonds.

Try that at your local burger place: "Can I get a free hamburger every week from now on? I bought some last week, so it's not like I'm asking for freebies"

DeletedUser5800

but Inno and other massive online gaming companies have tons of research and data that dictate these decisions
What if Elvenar is the test group! They keep us starved just to see how far they can push things in other games. We have no way of knowing what part of the grand experiment we are. :eek::eek::eek:

So if you can consistently get 1,000 diamonds a month, for example, you should also expect that 1,000 diamonds gets you a lot less bang for your buck than it does now.
This is valid. :(

DeletedUser10133

"Logic" and "what I see in other games" are all nice and good, but Inno and other massive online gaming companies have tons of research and data that dictate these decisions. Lots of industry experts spend time and resources whether daily/weekly/monthly premium currency rewards result in a larger player base, or more purchases down the road.

Another thing to keep in mind. If there is a pool of free diamonds out there, its likely that all diamond costs increase. Inno isn't going to be intentionally taking money out of its pockets, unless it results in more purchases down the line. So if you can consistently get 1,000 diamonds a month, for example, you should also expect that 1,000 diamonds gets you a lot less bang for your buck than it does now.
I agree. If we take into consideration how many people actually spend money on diamonds compared to those who don't. Would it in fact be worth Inno's time to implement? Well that's another discussion all in of its own. But, a small incentive to push people to make purchases isn't that bad of an idea.

DeletedUser14986

Try that at your local burger place: "Can I get a free hamburger every week from now on? I bought some last week, so it's not like I'm asking for freebies"

Works fairly well, they're called loyalty programs (buy 12, get 1 free/half-price).

Visit every day, get a few currency each week. 15-25 diamonds a week isn't going to dent Inno's income and it is likely to retain more players and keep them logging in daily, which is more players for word of mouth, which is more players with cash buying currency. This is why freemium games employ them.