• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvenar Efficiency Calculator

LutherTheHairy

It's good to check the dates before replying. :)

I did check the dates. I genuinely thought Soggy(*) might still be curious . I am sorry I annoyed you. Is there unspoken/unwritten guidance to not post in threads that have been inactive for some span of time? This is the second time someone made a point to mention it to me .

I discovered the calculator recently and went searching for threads about it to learn more. This was one of a couple I found.

(*) also flatlined for a long time but is active in the game in the last month or so

Kekune

Is there unspoken/unwritten guidance to not post in threads that have been inactive for some span of time? This is the second time someone made a point to mention it to me .
You edited your post since my first reply, or I'd have responded to this part. Yes, generally there is.

If you have a question about something and attach it to an old post, I think that makes sense to most readers, especially if it really is the most recent time that topic came up.

Responding to old questions or simply adding a comment to an old discussion often does not make sense to other readers, and may draw a comment. I think the perception may be that there are plenty of current topics to discuss without digging up things that feel less relevant now. Often, the game has changed significantly since the original topic, so the threads with big gaps can be very confusing to follow.

And sometimes, a blast from the past is fun. :) It's contextual, I guess, but generally "necro'ing" an old thread is mildly discouraged. I'm sorry if my original comment was harsher than I intended it to be.

LutherTheHairy

sometimes, a blast from the past is fun. :) It's contextual, I guess, but generally "necro'ing" an old thread is mildly discouraged. I'm sorry if my original comment was harsher than I intended it to be.

It did not come off as harsh. I am somewhat new to the forum and am trying to educate myself on standards of behavior. I genuinely appreciated your implied guidance, and I only asked because I wanted to be sure I understood.