• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvenar mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5917

We're glad everyone is looking for ward to the mobile release so far!

Does anyone have any ideas for what they would like to see included in the app that is not currently listed 'to be included'? The more feedback we can give before the app is complete would certainly help the designers!

I think we should get 1 free Diamond for every 1 MB of data used of cellular service! LOL!

DeletedUser4226

Hey. Saw it on the picture but not listed: population overview?
For the most part, everything seems to be included or to be included. I cannot think of anything else. Thank you for your work, it will really make a difference! e.

DeletedUser6857

There is one other thing that I thought of. It's not a feature of the browser app but common on mobile applications. That is having notifications going to the phone. Things like supply or goods production is complete, KP bar is full, new message, tournament has begun.

DeletedUser7686

When the app is released, players will be able to access existing cities that they have using it :)
Frankly, this is all that matters to me. I would be happy with a functional subset, a pocket city manager, that would let me cycle quests, collect resources, start production, and manage research to take with me while I am away from my PC.

The main impact I see in our behavior is that on average, players will choose shorter production cycles more often. You might want to consider reducing the penalty for longer production cycles so that players who do NOT have have access to an Android phone or tablet don't feel that they are being strongly disadvantaged.

DeletedUser7686

Upon further consideration, I am concerned about being able to trade off bandwidth and memory. Another game I play, Love Live School Idol Festival, allows you to minimize the memory used by not downloading data until it is needed, or alternately, to minimize data usage by downloading everything in advance. As some players will have phone with more or less memory, and plans with more or less data, this could be critical in deciding whether to play the game.

If the mobile version is implemented in Adobe Flash, then there will be frequent downloads, and the game will consume a lot of bandwidth. This will be especially problematic with the combat display bug, where units or hexes are "invisible," and the work around is to reload the page. This would make combat impractical for me. If, on the other hand, it is an actual app residing on the phone, trade-offs between memory footprint and data bandwidth should be possible.

Deleted User - 1599294

Is there an estimated date of release? I am eagerly anticipating this.

tincture

If the mobile version is implemented in Adobe Flash, then there will be frequent downloads, and the game will consume a lot of bandwidth. This will be especially problematic with the combat display bug, where units or hexes are "invisible," and the work around is to reload the page. This would make combat impractical for me. If, on the other hand, it is an actual app residing on the phone, trade-offs between memory footprint and data bandwidth should be possible.
According to Marindor (on the Beta Forum discussion for this) they're using Unity, not Flash.

DeletedUser6317

Would love to beta test the mobile app. But I only play for about 15 min. a day when away from home. (Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab). I currently use Puffin to collect and start new builds while at lunch. Let me know when you will be testing in Nebraska.

DeletedUser7686

According to Marindor (on the Beta Forum discussion for this) they're using Unity, not Flash.
Based on my preliminary reading about Unity, if they are not implementing Unity as a browser plug-in, e.g., Web GL, then the code should be running Native, and the trade-offs I mentioned should be possible. Does anyone with experience with their other Android Games know if they allow for less memory to be used in exchange for greater use of bandwidth, and vice versa?

DeletedUser8667

Curious as to when it will be launched since I should be able to get it on my tablet that I just bought. looking forward to trying the app . Is there a time frame for release yet?

DeletedUser8667

Will you be beta testing in Pennsylvania? I would be interested.

DeletedUser9469

Just being able to collect resources and goods while I am at work... I mean "away from my computer for unexplained extended periods of time" would be enough for me to be happy with a mobile version :)

DeletedUser4955

We're glad everyone is looking for ward to the mobile release so far!

Does anyone have any ideas for what they would like to see included in the app that is not currently listed 'to be included'? The more feedback we can give before the app is complete would certainly help the designers!
Could you list 5-10 features you know aren't included yet? We could give feedback about how important they might be to include. It is hard to figure out what is "missing' from the list of features implemented. Of course the second we play and a feature is missing, we will be ready to have something to say about it. :)

DeletedUser9080

Any update as to when it might be available in the USA?

And will I be able to play it on my Samsung Tablet?

:cool:

DeletedUser10445

Also looking forward to some kind of update.

Being able to play on phone / tablet ( even basic functionality like collecting / starting goods and resources ) would be phenomenal!

Status
Not open for further replies.