• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvenar Recipe contest

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Wow, no one's participating yet? I just saw it today. I'm going to have to get my thinking cap on. The boys tell me I'm a great cook (they're prejudiced because they're the ones who have to eat it, lol). I'm going to get in before the deadline, I think. This sounds great!

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
B
Wow, no one's participating yet? I just saw it today. I'm going to have to get my thinking cap on. The boys tell me I'm a great cook (they're prejudiced because they're the ones who have to eat it, lol). I'm going to get in before the deadline, I think. This sounds great!
Based on the current entries I'd say you have a good shot at winning!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
What about those of us that are a complete mess and a danger in the kitchen? Can we make digital recipes and win a pixel apron for our avatar? I think it would look good on my owl.

Moho

Chef
Sweet. I'm planning to prepare something sweet for for this contest.

the-chef.png

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Having created a couple of Elvenar recipies already I'm wondering if they can be reused or do I have to come up with something new? I can do that, but the left over doughnut cake is so good.

AJ

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Having created a couple of Elvenar recipies already I'm wondering if they can be reused or do I have to come up with something new? I can do that, but the left over doughnut cake is so good.

AJ
You can reuse something. I'm not going to be hunting to see if it was submitted in a prior contest. Just remember it must be original to you and pertain to Elvenar.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Just remember it must be original to you and pertain to Elvenar.
By 'original to you', do you mean that we have to entirely invent the recipe (as in, can't use one out of a cookbook), or just specifying that we have to make it from scratch ourselves and buying a cake from a bakery doesn't count? ;)

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
By 'original to you', do you mean that we have to entirely invent the recipe (as in, can't use one out of a cookbook), or just specifying that we have to make it from scratch ourselves and buying a cake from a bakery doesn't count? ;)
Create the end result on your own (you can use an existing recipe) you cannot copy a picture from the internet and paste it as your own entry. If a portion of your recipe involves a purchase from a bakery, that is fine, but if you're having a bakery make your entire entry, then it would be hard to provide the recipe to recreate it

Moho

Chef
I just suddenly had a fear we were meant to completely invent our own recipes, and that sounds hard.
I watch cooking shows on a regular basis and I've often seen chefs "inventing" new recipes by simply replacing an ingredient with a similar one. (Like using Hoop cheese instead of Farmer cheese.)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Wouldn’t be a problem if you didn’t rely on those “book” things so much!
Uh...said by the same woman who, earlier in this thread, was involved in this convo:
But I'm not going to waste good ingredients without being able to eat them
I feel like that’s what happens when I try to cook.
Probably not the best place to make your case about the uselessness of books... :p