• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvenar Recipe contest

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
@crackie
1656085366184.png

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@crackie Buddy’s popcorn recipe?
You are equally responsible for its monstrous creation! But luckily for you, you're safe from the guilt of wasting food and not having to try it.

The original idea for Buddy's popcorn recipe involved Mentos and Diet Coke, but I was pretty sure I would never be able to capture the right shot for the contest without wasting a lot of food. And then I did think, hmmm...is it really Buddy that's the one who likes to blow things up around here? It was a very existential moment.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Good luck to everyone! I can't wait to see who wins tomorrow; every single recipe looks tasty and they're all so different from each other.

@Darielle I am in awe of your bravery in experimenting with fondant!! Your phoenix looks fantastic.

And @crackie ... I wish there was a stronger reaction button than just 'like'. Your posts in cooking adventures have had me quite literally laughing out loud. XD I'm glad you survived the experience; when you cook with Buddy, there's just no knowing!

Well, blow me away. I did think the whole recipe was to be completely invented. Would have been easier if I'd have read this thread first! LOL.
Poor AJ, lol! You came up with an impressively complex recipe. Well done!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Good luck to everyone! I can't wait to see who wins tomorrow; every single recipe looks tasty and they're all so different from each other.

@Darielle I am in awe of your bravery in experimenting with fondant!! Your phoenix looks fantastic.

And @crackie ... I wish there was a stronger reaction button than just 'like'. Your posts in cooking adventures have had me quite literally laughing out loud. XD I'm glad you survived the experience; when you cook with Buddy, there's just no knowing!

Poor AJ, lol! You came up with an impressively complex recipe. Well done!
Thank you, MaidenFair! Good luck to everyone who entered. You guys are all awesome!

crackie

You'll have to join my FS to learn the rest of the breadcrumb story that @Hueanthar got :D;)

I'm just glad the Flaming Hot Cheetos powder worked and I didn't have to resort to Sriracha or something more drastic. I was weary the color will lose its unnatural bright red hue and turn pink when I added the marshmallows. Pink is the color for a healthy, sober @muffy., but it's not suitable to do a nuclear explosion justice.

I secretly (guess it's not a secret anymore) want to recreate the scene from the movie Julie & Julia where Stanley Tucci's character comes home to Merryl Streep chopping a mound full of onions on the table. I just want to practice getting better at chopping onions without actually cooking or doing anything else with them afterwards, but I know that story ends with me in the hospital getting a digit reattached and I need them for typing.

crackie

This feels very unfair.
I polled 10 non-elf game friends with knowledge of the breadcrumb incident if they would rather eat Buddy’s Nuclear Revenge or whatever came out of the breadcrumb incident. Buddy unanimously got all 10 votes, if that’s any indication of how awry the breadcrumb incident went. As the only person that had taste tested both, I vote for Buddy’s Nuclear Revenge as well. But the real question is would you even stockpile Buddy’s Nuclear Revenge in your snack stash?

crackie

I can't quite get past the Marshmallow/Flaming hot Cheetos combination
But...but...umami is all the culinary rage! Plus, the Swedish Fish takes the edge off, if you remember they are in there, AND there are no mushrooms involved. Promise!

Dang, Buddy. We did make a snack even helya wouldn't eat...

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
But...but...umami is all the culinary rage! Plus, the Swedish Fish takes the edge off, if you remember they are in there, AND there are no mushrooms involved. Promise!

Dang, Buddy. We did make a snack even helya wouldn't eat...
It might be worth a try if I liked Marshmallows, but I am not a fan. I would eat the swedish fish but they seem to have melted in the explosion.

Not to say I wouldn't try it if my snack stash was low

Hueanthar

I polled 10 non-elf game friends with knowledge of the breadcrumb incident if they would rather eat Buddy’s Nuclear Revenge or whatever came out of the breadcrumb incident. Buddy unanimously got all 10 votes, if that’s any indication of how awry the breadcrumb incident went. As the only person that had taste tested both, I vote for Buddy’s Nuclear Revenge as well.

While I did not have the, uh, pleasure of trying either dish, I'm definitely going to have to vote for Buddy's Nuclear Revenge. Even the thought of the breadcrumb incident still has me choking up. :D

crackie

It might be worth a try if I liked Marshmallows, but I am not a fan. I would eat the swedish fish but they seem to have melted in the explosion.

Not to say I wouldn't try it if my snack stash was low
I'm still unsure if it's a win or a loss to have come up with something not even worthy of stockpiling in helya's snack stash™. I mean, you have to be incredibly well prepared for anything, right? What if nuclear popcorn has other beneficial non-culinary properties? I've read about organic farmers that observed their chickens won't peck at cow pies from cows fed synthetic stuff in their feed. What if mosquitoes will stay clear of you after a helping or two of nuclear popcorn? All the effectiveness without the DEET! That's right. We've delusionally gone from can't cook to one step closer to curing malaria in just one forum contest!

Zoof

I'm still unsure if it's a win or a loss to have come up with something not even worthy of stockpiling in helya's snack stash™. I mean, you have to be incredibly well prepared for anything, right? What if nuclear popcorn has other beneficial non-culinary properties? I've read about organic farmers that observed their chickens won't peck at cow pies from cows fed synthetic stuff in their feed. What if mosquitoes will stay clear of you after a helping or two of nuclear popcorn? All the effectiveness without the DEET! That's right. We've delusionally gone from can't cook to one step closer to curing malaria in just one forum contest!
Preparedness? An experiment is afoot: Determining the shelf-life of your nuclear-shaped recreation for storage suitability (or radiation shielding) in the event of a real nuclear event! Bonus points if the consequences of such cooking causes the culinary creation to cull incoming curies and to coruscate Cherenkov radiation. More if it retains edibility while still glowing

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
What if nuclear popcorn has other beneficial non-culinary properties? I've read about organic farmers that observed their chickens won't peck at cow pies from cows fed synthetic stuff in their feed. What if mosquitoes will stay clear of you after a helping or two of nuclear popcorn? All the effectiveness without the DEET! That's right. We've delusionally gone from can't cook to one step closer to curing malaria in just one forum contest!
These are all very good points, but I never said it wasn't stockpile-worthy, just that I wasn't sure I'd eat it unless my stash was low. The marshmallow bit might make it more of a sticky mosquito attractant than a repellent.

Maybe the next "cooking" contest should just be for creative ingredient combinations and execution.

crackie

I just spit my drink on my keyboard. Thanks for that.
It happens. @muffy. or @Gkyr will bring you a new drink.
We'll just keep exploring various talent disciplines until everyone's walking around with strange titles like Chef, Singer, Dancer, Contortionist, Unicyclist, Social Media Manager, Fire Breather, Philologist, Trapeze Artist, etc. New players will be like, "What do you do with an inactive Archmage? And also, how do I become a Singer?" Practice (or so I've heard). It'll really reel them in.

Kadhrin

Clearly we need to explore other talents we may not have, like singing or dancing. Next contest should be like Masked Singer. You have to sing while dressed like an Elvenar character.
Hmmm... TBH that's not outside the realms of possibility... I really should get back to costuming one of these days.

Zoof

Clearly we need to explore other talents we may not have, like singing or dancing. Next contest should be like Masked Singer. You have to sing while dressed like an Elvenar character.
inb4 guy (or gal ) dwarf with a hammer in one hand and and a mug of genuine strawberry ale in the other singing belting out boisterous and bawdy tavern tunes bartop ballads. Which would only be offensive to elves, but only because they're not drunk enough to deal with it either