• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvenstats and Passwords

Valtitude

Please, Elvenstats!
Put passwords or some other form of security, on the information you so carefully gather and post to the entire World.
In the current cyber climate, this much information available to anyone is beyond NOT okay. Hackers can follow that info right back to it's source - Inno Games, yes? The lack of security on your site makes my skin crawl.
Please!! Player and Mage/ Amage passwords, at the very least. Or something better if it's available.
Yep. Determined hackers will get thru. But why make it so easy for them?

It's either better security, or please remove my information from your site. :).
Thank you.

DeletedUser4576

I don't think Elvenstat has access to any information except what's available to anyone who plays Elvenar. I'm not sure what information you think a hacker could get from Elvenar besides your game password and an email address if you provided one.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@elvenstats only gathers information any player could gather by visiting your city. If a person visiting your city can't see your password, neither can ElvenStats. If a player can see you have 4 level 10 factories of a certain type, so can ElvenStats. The only way to stop someone from gathering this data would be for the game to stop allowing any players to visit your city...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yup, @samidodamage is 100% correct.

You also need to understand that passwords on Elvenstats can't actually work: How would the site know if you are actually the owner of a city? The only way that would be possible is if you would give the site your city log in information (against the rules) and have the site log into your account to verify it. Would that not be much much scarier?

Terrible idea, and I don't believe you thought this through, nor do you understand how cyber security works.

DeletedUser12171

Please, Elvenstats!
Put passwords or some other form of security, on the information you so carefully gather and post to the entire World.
In the current cyber climate, this much information available to anyone is beyond NOT okay. Hackers can follow that info right back to it's source - Inno Games, yes? The lack of security on your site makes my skin crawl.
Please!! Player and Mage/ Amage passwords, at the very least. Or something better if it's available.
Yep. Determined hackers will get thru. But why make it so easy for them?

It's either better security, or please remove my information from your site. :).
Thank you.
If you read the FAQ on the Elvenstats website, the section titled "How do you get the information / What information do you have?" will explain everything to you

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12171

I'd like to add also that Elvenstats is entirely independent of Inno and if you have an issue with them you need to click on the contact link in their website.

It's no different than coming here to tell GoK that they have wrong info - not going to work, other than maybe your post getting eyeballed by the site owners, if and when they do visit these forums.

Risen Malchiah

@Valtitude At the risk of repeating what others have already said, I think your fear is misplaced. And any passwords to access your information on Elvenstats would defeat the entire purpose of the site anyway. If all I could see on there was my own info, that would hardly be relevant other than maybe to see my tournament history.