• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

elvenstats.com seems to quit tournaments early

Gkyr

Chef
First off: elvenstats.com is not part of Inno. Next: elvenstats.com is a website that is good, helpful and useful. I am reporting this here because many Elvenar gamers rely upon elvenstats.
For the past two Tournies (Steel ending Nov 12 2022 and Planks ending Nov 19 2022) the points that I have earned just before the Harendar Tourney ended were not tallied on the elvenstat result board for our server but did appear in the tournament tab of our FS.
This is not a matter of delayed tally because the Nov. 12 score is still not correct one week later. This is not a matter of points not registering in the final seconds because on Nov 19 the missing points were generated starting about 48 minutes before the end and they did appear in our internal FS readout.

Anyone else know of this?

Here is the information I sent to elvenstats.com:
I read you r FAQ. In the FAQ concerning the tournaments, you mention that data is acquired "at the very end" of the tournament (your language). Yet there are two instances, this week and last week, Nov 12 and Nov 19, where the score reported on our Harendar server tournamment does not include an update of the points that I earned during the last minutes of the event; in this week, during the last 48 minutes of the event. The score in my fellowship readout is correct and is higher than the score you show for my Nov 19 performance or are still carrying for my Nov. 12 performance.
Also our FS finished the tournament in first place but only 2000 points above the second place finisher. Since you are undercounting my performance by approx. 260 points this calls into question your ability to rank sort the FS with any credence except in the case of wide score margins. Why can't the points generated in the final, say, 48 minutes that appear in the FS readout be incorporated into the elvenstats page roster?

Perhaps a little harsh but isn't capturing, adding, recording and displaying integers rock-bottom basic for a computer routine?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Gkyr Did you use points from the tournament perk in that tournament? Elvenstats does not account for those. This could throw things off. A 2nd possibility is, did anybody leave your fellowship shortly after the tournament ended? This could also throw things off.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
If it makes you feel any better, there are entire weeks didn't get recorded on mine. It's a 3rd party site and it doesn't affect my game so I just shrugged it off.

Gkyr

Chef
@Henroo our FS used 24,968 perk points but my numbers are not off, dependent upon that.
@crackie now that you mention it, there is an old Tourney bar in the graph on my elvenstat player profile that is missing. I don't ever remember missing a Tourney. But maybe I did.
Still, people, this is not a hands-on thing. The most complicated thing about it could be the US changing clocks and that could be a simple fix, IMHO. Next Tourney I plan to straddle the hour before the Tourney ends and see which points get added, if any, and which do not. If I remember.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I don’t think it’s that cut and dry. The server could go down. It has stopped scraping for long stretches in the past while the site is up. If Inno changes something minor in the API, the whole thing could stop working. The whole premise is based on a guest account visiting everybody. If Inno changes their code, the old code could stop working. It’s like someone changing the locks on you and you won’t get in til you get a new set of keys after calling the locksmith. I also wouldn’t be trivializing someone else’s labor that they did with their volunteer time as “nothing complicated”. I mean, it is a great site, but it has flaws, right? If it were so easy, why hasn’t someone else swept in to make a better version? So easy!

I have several missing weeks and a strange nub that only captured a tiny portion for some reason. I didn’t miss those tourneys either, but it doesn’t matter bc your average is still the average of the most recent weeks and not aggregate average of your entire history. If someone is getting reviewed for recruiting, I am sure the AM or mage isn’t going to flip out that a candidate has random bars missing on certain weeks when they can see the overall pattern. Even better are the candidates that do minimal tourney generally, but pad the most recent weeks to get their average to show a really high number. Yeah, we can see what you are doing too and not impressed.

Gkyr

Chef
As of the end of this, Crystal, tournament, my experience is completely different. I engaged in battles up to 8 minutes before the end of the tourney, starting 2 hours out. All of my point accumulation were reflected in elvenstats; it stayed current right up to ending-minus-6-1/2 minutes.
I had sent last week's gripe to the elvenstats overseers using their website submission function. I did not get a reply back, so I can only guess. And my guess is that someone corrected for the US daylight savings time, and that is that.