• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

elvenstats or something like it

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Not sure who does the Elvenstats page....is it current and kept up ? Is there a way to tell how much goods a person has...? Like per each boost ? ....

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Not sure who does the Elvenstats page....is it current and kept up ? Is there a way to tell how much goods a person has...? Like per each boost ? ....
Elvenstats is basically a robot who logs in like any other player, visits each city* and looks at the rankings pages. It cannot get any information that you as a player can't also get.

*it actually skips most cities like those with under 1,000 score

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
it's the qty they have that I want to know...

I take in a lot of raw new players with baby cities into my FS so I do a lot more teaching and guidance. This helps widen the net we cast with recruiting as they don't need to be Spire capable already when they join, but can develop into one. We have a sustainability spreadsheet as training wheels to help players get themselves able to climb the Spire independently and sustainably. It's completely optional to participate. You list your inventory on Tuesdays before start of tourney (more variable and open ended, potentially costing more than the week's Spire). Ideally, they want their inventory to be growing a little overall each month to build up what I call their "war chest". If there are too many consecutive rows of red, then they know which tier of goods they're crashing on and perhaps need to build more of that factories.

Only about 25% of the FS choose to use it. Of the 25%, I would say half of them are already sustainable and don't even need it. Some start with it and ween themselves off when they get the hang of it. Curiously, some of the players with the biggest banks continue to use it, even though they've already grown their inventory to the millions. A few times, the mages were able to spot a trend before the player did to help them course correct by advising more factories. We'll happily throw goods their way if they want it to help soften the upgrade adjustment period if their factories are out of production. Other times, the crash might be because they took a really high level wonder out of rune stage (thanks to rune blitz, some people have lvl 30 wonders before they're out of chapter 5) so it's not a sustainability concern. I also have a Sustainability Mage who, like @iamthouth, are Elvenarchitect pros that doesn't mind taking the time to help you 1-on-1 to find fat to trim and more efficient layouts. However, we had one guy whose numbers crashed when he got to Dwarf. When we alerted him that he would have a hard time treading water if he continues to tech at the speed he was advancing, he got too overwhelmed and retired. To his credit, his very first FS ever was a gold FS and he had been able to summit the Spire since chap 3 all the way to Dwarf. All he had to do really was take a breather on the tech tree to regroup and he woulda been fine, but I guess real life fires + elf game fire proved too much.

"What do you mean you won't do a 1:8 trade? You have millions of planks, you jerk!"
Because everyone knows the spreadsheet exists regardless if they use it, they know the goal is to get themselves independently sustainable. We give ample help for those who wants it, but they also know we're not here to give endless handouts if they're making no efforts towards sustainability. Having a sustainability program is a good deterrent of the beggar mentality. We're here to empower you into mighty little cities!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@crakie But I like "endless handouts!" Shouldn't I be allowed to play the way I want to play? Have somebody else pay for my city? Otherwise I'm seen as unequal to everyone else and we all know inequality is the handmaiden of unfair, right? LOL.

(The above is a JOKE. Please don't blame me for a sense of humor)

AJ

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
@everyone concerned
To me ...when you are in a Fellowship... You are one of 25 people making it a whole. You are there to help each other grow.
If you are in a Fellowship and you say you can't fight and your supplies are low, your never on the trader helping out others , you produce every good there is , rather then utilize the trader , you bitch about the spire but won't try...etc... These are all signs to me.....you don't benefit the Fellowship.....why take up my space?
As an Archmage....it's my duty to find out why. In order to do that I wanna see what goods they do have if they are saying they don't have enough. Why aren't they doing what they should ? Why are they just playing with themselves....taking and never giving ? Why do the trades stay up on the board for more than 24 hours if you are boosted in those items ?
I can just assume they don't have the goods by what they tell me since I have no proof...but if I had the means to see it....and see they actually do have them....then I have a justified reason to boot them
I'm not asking for anyone's "bank account " quite frankly you couldn't afford me...lol

Myne

Oh Wise One
If you are in a Fellowship and you say you can't fight and your supplies are low, your never on the trader helping out others , you produce every good there is , rather then utilize the trader , you bitch about the spire but won't try...etc... These are all signs to me.....you don't benefit the Fellowship.....why take up my space?

EXACTLY

Myne

Oh Wise One
Just for grins, this is the statement on the elvenstats fellowship page:
Members Good Production
This table computes how much of each good your fellowship makes. We took an educated guess as to what your respective members boost percentages were and by default we're assuming each member does 3 collections per day (2x9h and 1x3h). To improve the accuracy, ask your fellowship members what their actual values are and enter them below. You can save what you enter so it will show up next time you load this page. The bar charts above will update automatically after you make changes. Hover over the column headers for more information about a particular column.

You CAN get more accurate info...but it's communication and labor intense. Personally, I am not that nosy.

AnselSkye

I can just assume they don't have the goods by what they tell me since I have no proof...but if I had the means to see it....and see they actually do have them....then I have a justified reason to boot them

That's certainly your call as an AM, but I can tell you this type of micromanagement will turn off a lot of potential fellows. Most fellowships have minimums for tournaments and/or the Spire, and everyone who joins knows what is expected and the consequences if they are not met. What they don't have is the powers-that-be keeping an eye on their inventories and punishing them when they're not being used properly. Why not have clearly defined expectations and clearly posted consequences?

Most of the players I've come across are adults with families, jobs and lives outside of Elvenar. I can guarantee if you went down the path you're proposing, you won't have to worry about booting anyone. They'll just walk.

Myne

Oh Wise One
That's certainly your call as an AM, but I can tell you this type of micromanagement will turn off a lot of potential fellows. Most fellowships have minimums for tournaments and/or the Spire, and everyone who joins knows what is expected and the consequences if they are not met. What they don't have is the powers-that-be keeping an eye on their inventories and punishing them when they're not being used properly. Why not have clearly defined expectations and clearly posted consequences?

Most of the players I've come across are adults with families, jobs and lives outside of Elvenar. I can guarantee if you went down the path you're proposing, you won't have to worry about booting anyone. They'll just walk.

That is not what she said

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Just for grins, this is the statement on the elvenstats fellowship page:
Members Good Production
This table computes how much of each good your fellowship makes. We took an educated guess as to what your respective members boost percentages were and by default we're assuming each member does 3 collections per day (2x9h and 1x3h). To improve the accuracy, ask your fellowship members what their actual values are and enter them below. You can save what you enter so it will show up next time you load this page. The bar charts above will update automatically after you make changes. Hover over the column headers for more information about a particular column.

That whole section is massively out of date and was written before sentient goods even existed and before almost any of the goods-producing event buildings existed, so now that is not accurate at all for most players in the end chapters.