• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

elvenstats or something like it

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@crakie But I like "endless handouts!"
Probably not as much as I like my trebuchet. I'd rather have a lean squad of 10 than a full squad of 25 filled with drama queens. Quality over quantity.
@crackie Is this spreadsheet available for non members? And world is this FS in?
It's not too hard to set up. Each player gets their own sheet and each row documents each week's inventory. Then just add conditional formatting so it turns green or red if the following week's number is higher or lower. I will try to make a new template file later and DM you the link. The FS where I am Archmage is over on the EN server unfortunately. Someone con(ned)vinced me to join her over there and then stopped playing! Now I'm left playing with people that like to drop unnecessary U's in their spellings and love reminding me they invented the English language! We might play Former Colonies vs The Motherland for the upcoming FA. I get to team up with the Aussies, Kiwis, and Canadians.
If you are in a Fellowship and you say you can't fight and your supplies are low, your never on the trader helping out others , you produce every good there is , rather then utilize the trader , you bitch about the spire but won't try...etc... These are all signs to me.....you don't benefit the Fellowship.....why take up my space?
It's amazing how some players can so easily lie to your face (composition window?) instead of take personal accountability! We're a Spire FS. It's all over our description. Had someone claim she was a very competitive player when she joined. Then she just lingered in Gateway or High Halls. One week, she flat out said, "I finished the Spire last week," when I confronted her. Girlfriend, I've got spreadsheets for everything! You don't think I know where you finished in the Spire last week? Halfway up High Halls is not the same as "finishing the Spire"! Not to mention, of the 24 other players, you're the only one who can't finish the Spire! You ain't hard to find, even on mobile with tiny avatars! There be a big bright spotlight trailing your lying ass! She didn't use the tools available to her or ask for help, but instead choose to lie about her misguided sense of accomplishment. That wasn't even the worst thing she lied about. Ick. No thanks. That was a very satisfying lever pull to engage the trebuchet and free us of her drama.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Probably not as much as I like my trebuchet. I'd rather have a lean squad of 10 than a full squad of 25 filled with drama queens. Quality over quantity.

It's not too hard to set up. Each player gets their own sheet and each row documents each week's inventory. Then just add conditional formatting so it turns green or red if the following week's number is higher or lower. I will try to make a new template file later and DM you the link. The FS where I am Archmage is over on the EN server unfortunately. Someone con(ned)vinced me to join her over there and then stopped playing! Now I'm left playing with people that like to drop unnecessary U's in their spellings and love reminding me they invented the English language! We might play Former Colonies vs The Motherland for the upcoming FA. I get to team up with the Aussies, Kiwis, and Canadians.

It's amazing how some players can so easily lie to your face (composition window?) instead of take personal accountability! We're a Spire FS. It's all over our description. Had someone claim she was a very competitive player when she joined. Then she just lingered in Gateway or High Halls. One week, she flat out said, "I finished the Spire last week," when I confronted her. Girlfriend, I've got spreadsheets for everything! You don't think I know where you finished in the Spire last week? Halfway up High Halls is not the same as "finishing the Spire"! Not to mention, of the 24 other players, you're the only one who can't finish the Spire! You ain't hard to find, even on mobile with tiny avatars! There be a big bright spotlight trailing your lying ass! She didn't use the tools available to her or ask for help, but instead choose to lie about her misguided sense of accomplishment. That wasn't even the worst thing she lied about. Ick. No thanks. That was a very satisfying lever pull to engage the trebuchet and free us of her drama.

Tell us how you really feel. LOL But I get it, I really do. I had one that had been in fellowship since Kaatje had it. Never interacted at all, wouldn't talk or respond. Didn't trade. you get the picture. They made the mistake of going inactive...twice. Yes, I was the dummy who let them back in. Booted their butt again, and they had the nerve to say.."But I have 8 cities!". My reply was then go play in them because you are certainly not helping in this one. And btw, maybe you have too many if you can't seem to play in all of them. Buh bye.

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
That's certainly your call as an AM, but I can tell you this type of micromanagement will turn off a lot of potential fellows. Most fellowships have minimums for tournaments and/or the Spire, and everyone who joins knows what is expected and the consequences if they are not met. What they don't have is the powers-that-be keeping an eye on their inventories and punishing them when they're not being used properly. Why not have clearly defined expectations and clearly posted consequences?

Most of the players I've come across are adults with families, jobs and lives outside of Elvenar. I can guarantee if you went down the path you're proposing, you won't have to worry about booting anyone. They'll just walk.

"Micromanagement" .....terminology for the younger generation in my eyes....in other words ...mommy they are making me do what I'm suppose to.
I'll just say this......I've had the same Fellowship with 65% of the same people in it for 7 years and we have a hell of a lot of fun. I cannot recall a time where we have been ranked more than 20th. Real life has and always will take precedence . When you enter a fellowship...it's a commitment.....a dedication to the group you are joining.....a place where you pull your own weight and not strive on the skirt tails of others. It's all about communication. I have a spreadsheet that clearly states the guidelines and player expectations with all daily player activity..visits, boosts, scores , kp donations , chapter guides , player suggestions , player info, email location, dob, planned outages....you name it, it's there.

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA

I just love you !!!!!!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Never interacted at all, wouldn't talk or respond.
It doesn't bother me if they choose not to be chatty (though I'll get most people out of their shells). One of our newest members does not speak English (hooray for international server). When I invited her from her fellowship of 1, I got this really awkwardly formal reply back, almost like in Shakespearean English. I said to my mages, "Oh boy. Pretty sure English is not her native tongue." I have gotten her to confirm she does not speak English fluently, though I still don't know what she does speak as it's hit or miss whether she replies or not at this point. It also means I have no hope of explaining how our pile-on system works for wonders, but she's climbing and contributing in tourney and other people's wonders so it's good enough. It is what it is. You can be a mute team player. I probably do enough talking to cover for 10 people. :D
*bribes gifts @crackie and Buddy some Texas BBQ for a copy*
Wait, what's this? Someone's being nice to Buddy around here?!? :eek::) Yay, we're going to a BBQ!

Btw, the sustainability spreadsheet is how I know there's a T2 crunch in Chap 4 and a T1 crunch in Dwarf. I've had enough players go through the growing pains to notice the trend.

Myne

Oh Wise One
It doesn't bother me if they choose not to be chatty (though I'll get most people out of their shells). One of our newest members does not speak English (hooray for international server). When I invited her from her fellowship of 1, I got this really awkwardly formal reply back, almost like in Shakespearean English. I said to my mages, "Oh boy. Pretty sure English is not her native tongue." I have gotten her to confirm she does not speak English fluently, though I still don't know what she does speak as it's hit or miss whether she replies or not at this point. It also means I have no hope of explaining how our pile-on system works for wonders, but she's climbing and contributing in tourney and other people's wonders so it's good enough. It is what it is. You can be a mute team player. I probably do enough talking to cover for 10 people. :D

Wait, what's this? Someone's being nice to Buddy around here?!? :eek::) Yay, we're going to a BBQ!

Btw, the sustainability spreadsheet is how I know there's a T2 crunch in Chap 4 and a T1 crunch in Dwarf. I've had enough players go through the growing pains to notice the trend.

TEAM being the key word there.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Getting everybody in your fs respond to msgs isn't easy, especially if they haven't in the past. I've got mine to about 60% but that's a long, long way from 100% I feel I really need to run well. My current approach is to pick on one or two privately and over a long period of time -- usually months. I begin by explaining the necessity. Then, if the improvement isn't noticable (If it is it's more luck than lucky., I say), I explain again and add some gentle, usually humorous, chiding. Everything is private and polite. I sometimes even joke about my "silent ones." and that if they could at least "whisper?" LOL. We started with about 30% responses and it's taken a year to get to 60%. But that's the thing. Training and/or retraining is an operation in persistence, patient, and persistent. Not easy but that's just part of leadership.

Anybody got any other thoughts on this?

AJ

Gkyr

Chef
If you are in a Fellowship and you say you can't fight and your supplies are low, your never on the trader helping out others , you produce every good there is , rather then utilize the trader , you bitch about the spire but won't try...etc... These are all signs to me.....you don't benefit the Fellowship.....why take up my space?
....then I have a justified reason to boot them
B_all_aw6_shards.png

You just answered your own question. If they display the subjective signs above that make you wary of their membership, then you dont need the objective accounting to justify anything; you are already justified. Assume imbalanced goods, give them time to get advice to get into balance and start participating, or goodbye.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have taken to adding this sentence to my fellowship wide messages that I need an answer for.
"You are REQUIRED to respond to this message." Is it foolproof? No. Is it something that tells your fellowship you mean business? Yes.

This mainly gets used during FAs when aiming for a more competitive finish. Posting the same note in chat telling the members to reply to the message helps too.

It is just a good thing that the message system was added to the mobile app not too long ago, because before that, players who only use the app would never see any messages at all and you could only talk to them with the chat.