• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elves seem to have better use of their space.

DeletedUser511

This dont seem fair. Thier homes are 3x3 for a while while the humans get another jump in size to 4x3. We seem to be losing more space then them. Do we get is back in other building s or is the same with them as well?

DeletedUser478

I thought the same at first as well, but then i visited the structures page on the elvenar wiki. Now there are differences, some of their buildings dont yield as much gold/supplies whatever and some of them get larger in different directions ie. 3x2 as opposed to 2x3. That all said, presumably it is all balanced and fair but considering the game is still young and has quite a few other problems, i have my doubts it truly is considering the elf to human population is probably about 8:1.

DeletedUser511

The homes being the one we should have more of dont equal out to being fair. We lose way more in space then they do in gold. Which we could use for more homes so we lose space and gold.

DeletedUser

Now that @TownDrunk has already pointed out the elvenar wiki, is it this difficult to check the numbers before you continue the rant?

A level 15 elven residence provides 420 population with a 3x3 size, so 46.6667 population per area;
a level 15 human residence provides 560 population with a 4x3 size, so 46.6667 population per area.
Dah?

DeletedUser

As for why there are more elves, we are just better.

Nuff said.

;)
Haha. :p I think it has a lot to do with the fact that there are a lot of "human" city builders out there already. Not too many elvish/nature/magic ones, which is exactly why I started playing this one and chose elf, of course. :)

DeletedUser18

Elves have disadvantages over Humans as well. For example, level 15 residences for Elves provide 166.67 gold per square, for humans they receive 173.58 gold per square. A level 15 Human workshop utilizes 471 population while a level 15 Elven workshop uses 476 population.
Humans also have comparatively stronger units. So comparing the advantages in one facet of the race to the weaknesses of another is a moot point - each race has their strengths and weaknesses and there is no "wrong" way to go.

DeletedUser511

Thats why I was making this thread to know if it worked out in the end. The rude crap could have been left out of the replies but thanks Whisper.

DeletedUser431

A level 15 elven residence provides 420 population with a 3x3 size, so 46.6667 population per area;
a level 15 human residence provides 560 population with a 4x3 size, so 46.6667 population per area.
Dah?

That's really nice calculation there. Everything in elvenar boils down to per square calculation and I think the devs put in a lot of efforts in balancing the numbers. As far as I can tell, they are doing a great job on that.:)

I think what @nigiri is trying to say is that people should do some simple math by themselves first instead of asking around for answers. I do find a lot of questions here could be easily solved by looking at elvenar wiki. Elvenar is really a number game for me and I enjoy calculating and optimizing my city accordingly. But I guess different people have different playing styles though.;)

DeletedUser19638

Interesting. I chose Elven buildings because I'm Human. But I structured my city to float on my roads, allowing for the largest area for each building. As you can see from my city, the area needed for workshops is conveniently the same area for all the workshops you'll ever need. Effectively a bunch of *x7s.while my housing all fits in a 4x* configuration. The *x7 configurations also provides an area for the Adventure game we're playing. I assume the Humans have a similar situation? Also notice the roads allow power to those buildings that need it while they leave space for each width of culture. On the other hand I've got $100 invested in the game,

Attachments

• 2018-11-16 Elvenar.jpg
    2018-11-16 Elvenar.jpg
    927.5 KB · Views: 105

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Interesting. I chose Elven buildings because I'm Human. But I structured my city to float on my roads, allowing for the largest area for each building. As you can see from my city, the area needed for workshops is conveniently the same area for all the workshops you'll ever need. Effectively a bunch of *x7s.while my housing all fits in a 4x* configuration. The *x7 configurations also provides an area for the Adventure game we're playing. I assume the Humans have a similar situation? Also notice the roads allow power to those buildings that need it while they leave space for each width of culture. On the other hand I've got $100 invested in the game,

This thread is also 3 years old