• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 16 Embassies

Pheryll

Set Designer
Not every chapter has a quest to sell the guest race portal. If I recall correctly the Amuni doesn’t have a quest to sell it. I plan on selling mine as soon as I can. They usually offer a quest or combination of quests that give 200 diamonds upon completion. They did that with the last chapter quest of donate 200 KP to another players AW. Therefore I think it’s safe to sell and any future chapters will require a different building to be built.

Correct, and the quests to sell a portal allow for any portal to be sold. Building the level 1 dwarven portal and selling it is always a valid option.

Deleted User - 4646370

Correct, and the quests to sell a portal allow for any portal to be sold. Building the level 1 dwarven portal and selling it is always a valid option.
This isn't true for all chapters (in fact, I think only for chapter 15.)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Did they say that, or is it yet another player assumption that will bite us in the nethers when suddenly it's not true anymore? (Not that them saying it is,....well,....you know....)

Pheryll

Set Designer
Did they say that, or is it yet another player assumption that will bite us in the nethers when suddenly it's not true anymore? (Not that them saying it is,....well,....you know....)
I am pretty sure that moderators indicated this, though I cannot find mention of it in the release notes. What I did find was from December 2018 a post from a player "Once you unlock the advance scout for the next chapter all previous chapter quests will be declinable. The only one you really should do is the "sell a portal" quest at the end of Halflings because that one gets you diamonds. Funny thing about that wording is, I tested it. I kept my Halfling portal and sold a Dwarf portal instead and the quest accomplished." Elvengems lists the quest as "Sell your spring grove," which is the wording cited by players back in 2017.

I am trying to find more accurate resources from moderator posts, but it is something that even if implemented by Elvenar may be changed in the future. It may well be that any portal selling was always accepted and the wording was changed later, but if you view several of these sell the portal quests, you will note that the wording does not match the ElvenGems wording.

mikeledo

None of the buildings have a chapter theme design to them. My crystal upgrades look Egyptian. Armory and training grounds look Greek. Nothing looks fairy or orc.

mikeledo

Actually, each of the nine manufactories is themed after one of the nine guest races from chapters 6-14. They just don't match the chapter until you get there and upgrade them that far.
Perhaps I should clarify. None have a design unique to the chapter they are in. They are taken from unrelated guest races,

Pheryll

Set Designer
Perhaps I should clarify. None have a design unique to the chapter they are in. They are taken from unrelated guest races,

Given the titles for the various researches, the buildings style for the embassies is Elvenarian, related to the previous chapter. It may well be that for the next so many chapters all buildings stay Elvenarian despite whichever guest races are invited back.

mikeledo

Given the titles for the various researches, the buildings style for the embassies is Elvenarian, related to the previous chapter. It may well be that for the next so many chapters all buildings stay Elvenarian despite whichever guest races are invited back.
Lazy designers. I blame Covid.

Big Bopper

Where do I get the quest to sell the dwarven portal, now that I'm in the fairy chapter? Does it get rid of the mines also?

Pheryll

Set Designer
Where do I get the quest to sell the dwarven portal, now that I'm in the fairy chapter? Does it get rid of the mines also?
Not sure what the new quest line looks like. The old one had sell the dwarven portal immediately following the quest to research advanced scouts. All prior quests should be declinable now that you are in the fairy chapter.

NightshadeCS

You can sell the mines whenever you no longer need copper or granite. Special note to makes sure you have built all the roads you want. Unless the quests have changed, there is never one to sell any guest race buildings except the portal.

Mizpah2

I have coasted through the last few chapters using portal profits. What I'm seeing now is that portal profits only give Statutes. Someone told me portal profits will not work in chapter 17 and all buildings would be required. Is this true? From what I'm seeing, it looks that way. I'm hoping my vision is blurry. If not, this gal may say forget it and just concentrate on tournaments, Spire, etc.

Kekune

Someone told me portal profits will not work in chapter 17 and all buildings would be required. Is this true?
They work... but it's designed so you do need a full settlement to progress. What it gives you isn't enough to open the techs. You'll definitely move faster using PPs, but it's not a way around a settlement.

Mizpah2

They work... but it's designed so you do need a full settlement to progress. What it gives you isn't enough to open the techs. You'll definitely move faster using PPs, but it's not a way around a settlement.

Thanks Kekune. I think, for now or until they come up with a reason for me to go on, I'm just going to build a fighting city, work on upgrading AWs, etc. They can have 16 and 17.

stephenr10

I have coasted through the last few chapters using portal profits. What I'm seeing now is that portal profits only give Statutes. Someone told me portal profits will not work in chapter 17 and all buildings would be required. Is this true? From what I'm seeing, it looks that way. I'm hoping my vision is blurry. If not, this gal may say forget it and just concentrate on tournaments, Spire, etc.
Portal profits are used to buy Elvenain Zero's in Chapter 17 and by using them you save Mana and seeds and some sentient goods.

Mizpah2

Portal profits are used to buy Elvenain Zero's in Chapter 17 and by using them you save Mana and seeds and some sentient goods.

They also give "Statutes", but no other production items. That's a large settlement to build, even in a city with almost all expansions.

Pheryll

Set Designer
They also give "Statutes", but no other production items. That's a large settlement to build, even in a city with almost all expansions.
Portal profits offer only the limited guest race goods of the current chapter. When you are in chapter 16 (embassies) it is only statutes, and these are directly required for several technologies. In chapter 17, most of the technology requirements is for uncapped guest race goods, and the capped one is used for the uncapped production, allowing several fillings of the capped resources to 100% for a single technology if you do not rely on the back and forth trade of the other guest race buildings.