• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Enchantment for non-boosted manufactory

defiantoneks

Suggestion:

Create an enchantment that would allow a non-boosted manufactory to perform at boost level.

Proposed guideline:
- would be available only from MA chests, Spire or Event prizes (so very limited availability)
- would not be affected by any Elvenar Trade Center AW development
- time duration of say, 13 hours

Pros
- would assist higher level players with rare materials since fewer people are around to trade to/with

Cons
- would require development not only to make the enchantment but also to allow manufactories to be affected by more than one enchantment type
- potential for goods imbalance*

*edited by suggestion

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Another possible con is that it affects balance. If anyone can make anything they want, there is less pushing them to expand their discovered territory or join a Fellowship. I'm not saying it's a no-go, but it should be listed as a con.

defiantoneks

Another possible con is that it affects balance. If anyone can make anything they want, there is less pushing them to expand their discovered territory or join a Fellowship. I'm not saying it's a no-go, but it should be listed as a con.
i added it. i am hoping that by making it a rarity that this would not be an issue. the goal would be for people to make nonboosted into specially boosted for a very limited amount of time, especially to help when an imbalance in trade options already exists (so no one is offering sprouts, which you desperately need, you get to boost them for 10 hours to get you over the hump). if they were awarded at the same rate as teleports or sips, that would be kinda what I am looking for.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That might work. How rare? How would you see the enchantment being obtained? the existing ones can be made if you want them. Would an instant be better? How does it affect the trader (who takes your boosted for unboosted?) Have you tried just offering a premioum, like 20% more boosted for unboosted, which gets you close to the same output with fewer factories to take up space in your city?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
What need are you trying to meet? From one of the pros should this only be for high level factories? Or just a nice feature. How limited is the supply? Teleports are supposed to be limited but you end up getting a whole lot of them if you play spire regularly.

One con with this is it would discourage trading. If I can just build and boost my own factory then I don't need to trade.

I am not opposed to this but I think it will need to be incredibly well thought out and proposed to have any chance with the CM's let alone the devs. I feel like it is trying to address certain issues that the devs themselves created (intentionally or otherwise) and as such wont be looked at or need a different solution to fix the real issue.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The blooming trader guild is an outlet for non-boosted goods (excluding ascended). It might not seem like much, but it vastly changes the the trading patterns of many high chapter cities.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Con

Inno has stated before that they won't do things that reduce player interaction through trading. Yes, we have event buildings that give us non-boosted goods, but in higher chapters, those amounts are tiny when compared to what you may need.

StarLoad

As a possible use case only MFG bldgs at level 24 and above and/or a spell that changes the time to 24 and 48 hours for a single collection?

Ed

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The blooming trader guild is an outlet for non-boosted goods (excluding ascended). It might not seem like much, but it vastly changes the the trading patterns of many high chapter cities.
A high level BTG not only changed my trading pattern. It allowed me to get rid of most of my standard good boosted manufactories. Wholesaler purchases become so good once BTG exceeds level 20. If you have magic workshops and Prosperity Towers, you can easily make crazy amounts of supplies in the later chapters. Then use the excess supplies to make multiple wholesaler purchases daily. I am now in the somewhat crazy position of having fewer of my boosted goods than I do of the other 2 types. And I am posting trades offering non-boosted *FOR* my boosted.