• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Encounters Guide

DeletedUser1917

I noticed the beta forum has a great encounters guide, but there doesn't seem to be one in the us.forum. Unfortunately, since I did not have the beta version I cannot login to that forum to ask questions / contribute thoughts. But I thought I would share the link and also see if anyone has done any in depth research for battle guides. Specifically, what are the preferences of each of the enemy attacking units if given the options. For example, I've noticed that even though Mortars have an 80% damage bonus to Heavy Melee units, they choose to attack Light Melee, then Short Ranged Units (Archers) before they begin to attack the Heavy Melee units. I also don't have Mage units yet and haven't seen if they choose to attack Long Ranged Units (Golems) over Heavy Melee. I understand that if given the opportunity, enemy units will attack whatever is actually in their range if other units are out of range, but I'm more curious as to what each enemy will attack first if given the opportunity to choose between multiple unit types. Any information would be greatly appreciated and hopefully we'll be able to create a guide for it as it would help immensely in certain battles where kiting and other tactics prove to be difficult. Anyway, here's the encounters guide link, it's pretty basic stuff, but some of it can be useful, especially to those new to the game

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/encounters-guide.488/

DeletedUser594

I believe they attack the troop with the highest initiative. The wiki has a great chart under "units" which shows initiative.
https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Units
If you keep an open tab on unit stats and one on the encounters guide you will be crushing provinces quickly. Nice pull on the encounters guide btw. Most important document in the game imo.
The AI is pretty bad at fighting. They make poor decisions and cost you a lot of troops once you have several types of fighting units. You need to take a fight to a point that they can't mess it up if you auto.