• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

End the Treasure hunt

Do you think the hunt for treasure chests adds to the game play.

• Yes, I enjoy looking for the chests when they appear.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes, it's not very fun, but I don't mind looking for them.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • No, I find it mildly tedious and it feels like drudgework.

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • No, it's so tedious I tend not to bother unless the chest pops up somewhere immediately obvious..

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think the chests were intended to be a sort of mini-game that improves engagement, but in the end I beleive all they are is a frustration. Unless the concept of the treasure chest hunt can be improved to actually be entertaining, it should be dropped entirely and the results simply provided via an additional "thankyou" pop up window.

DeletedUser6335

I agree - the first couple of times I was like "Cool! Now where is the lil bugger....." After a couple of months playing I'm like " Oh, chest.now where is the little poop hiding..." With the recent bug I was like "YAY No more hunting you down! mwahahahahahahahahaah woohoo!!"
When it was announced/confirmed as a bug I was like "craaaaaap..."

It may have started as an attempt at an engaging mini-game but it seems more like another effort to delay players....

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Maybe if we could have an option to check:

Checked on and you get the random chests. unchecked and you only get one random reqard per day, but you don't have to find it.

Maz Mellor

It was alright the first 100 times, but gets to be a pain in the butt to scroll all around a city to find a chest. I think it should just show up in the same spot every time so we know where it is, or have it as a pop up like Ashram said.

In my opinion, the ideal solution would be to just not fix the bug. I like clicking on the little chests—that's more fun than just having a pop-up notification window—but don't enjoy having to hunt for them all over the place. Having them show up in the same general area every time feels like a nice compromise.

DeletedUser6335

Options would be welcome - after all it's the closest thing to "pleasing everybody". Those that want to do something one way ("x") can choose to do it that way, while those that wish to do it "y" can also do so!

DeletedUser6933

Maybe add it to the tutorial for new players, and limit it per day to X times. It isn't so bad if it's limited, imo.

Maz Mellor

Think of this: Outside every city, there's a mystical spot—under a tree, at the base of a cliff, in a clearing—where sometimes the gods of Elvenar make treasure appear for those who come to bless the inhabitants. It doesn't happen every day, but the gods are creatures of habit, so when it happens, it's always in that one favored spot.

See? I just wrote our bug/pet into the storyline. LET US KEEP IT, DEVS!

Last edited:

DeletedUser6335

Maybe add it to the tutorial for new players, and limit it per day to X times. It isn't so bad if it's limited, imo.

It is limited, you can get one 3 times/day. It only has so many places it can be..but a couple of them can be harder to see due to placement of game windows and it sort of "blending" in in certain areas (at least for some of us).

DeletedUser6572

Yep.

I can't tell you though how many times I've had to play "ring around the rosey" because I missed seeing it.

I know it's logical that if you miss seeing it right away, to move on to the next town. I seem to have a little personal problem with that though LOL and find myself forever hunting the darn things. Which is annoying, and not too fun. (so I annoy myself? haha)

I have been HUGELY enjoying the bug that is happening at the moment. A nice little holiday.

DeletedUser6572

Oh man. George is gone. *cries*

upload_2017-3-15_18-32-18.jpeg

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I should have added some options:

Yes, I have no life, so looking around for a chest is the highlight of my day. and
No, Dragging the page around to find the chests causes so much arthritis pain that I'd rather dunk my head in boiling oil than look for the chests.