• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser2870

To all other posters here:
(Also posted this on the beta-forum)

Perhaps we haven't always been in agreement, but generally speaking I found that the players here have been trying to get themselves heard. And over all I've enjoyed the posts and discussions.
However, player feedback seems to have very close to zero result.

The changes over the las few months have made me consider whether this is still a game I want to play. I find myself spending less and less time on the game itself and more and more on the forum, because the game is taking a direction that is less and less appealing to me.
Though the game is advertised as a citybuilder, it is being transformed into just another fighting game with some nice graphics.

The change to the rip-off saler was already more or less the last straw for me, but I had hoped that the outrage on both forums would at least get the devs to listen and acknowledge the change was having a mostly negative effect. I didn't expect them to change it back at once, but at least an acknowledgement was the least I expected,
Obviously, on this as well, playerfeedback just has zero result, as with many other things.

This latest update has again NOT A SINGLE player-suggested improvement that has been on the 'forwarded-to-the-devteam' pile, where some have been waiting well over half a year now, including several that wouldn't even take half a day of programming.
What it is doing is pushing players to fight even more, with the catering costs increasing about 10x.

So while I enjoyed discussing things here, I feel that this is the present situation:
-Spending money on this game is a waste, as it no longer provides fun, just frustration
-Spending time playing this game is providing less and less fun, and so a waste of time compared to other games
-Spending time on the general US forum is not much use, since the ideas that are forwarded aren't getting anywhere.
-Spending time on the beta-forum is not much use, since player feedback is for over 90% being ignored.

So I have decided to cut my losses and start looking for another game to play. And more importantly, to enjoy. And I have no objection to spending money on such a game.

As for now, I'm terminating all my low-chapter cities I used to experiment with.
For the next few months I'll run my 2 last main cities + my beta city by looking in a few times a week to keep them active, but I'm no longer going to actively play.
For the next few months I'll be looking in on the forum only a few times a week as well, in the hope something changes into a more agreeable direction, to determine whether playing again might be interesting.

The game was fun while it lasted, the graphics are excellent, but the changes have convinced me this game is no longer going to provide me with what I'm looking for.

So be well all

DeletedUser2862

well i for one will not be purchasing diamonds no more,,,, prices way too dear for expansions, trader absolutely ridiculous, all combat is a joke with a rare small chance of winning, and last thing why not just open up all the grid and allow us too design our cities the way we want too. Oh and one more thing, city expansions on the decrease,,, so soon forcing us into buying premium land at silly prices,,,, no wonder as its the last month in the financial year end...... rant over

Couldn't agree more that the frustration of the game has become greater than the fun. I had been spending about $20 a month to play, no more.
When I went to sleep last night I had just opened the chest to the Dwarf chapter and had 3 points in Advanced Scouts. Logged in this morning to find that the pathing in Chapter 4 has changed and I can no longer put KP into Advanced Scouts. I am forced to put KP into a war/battle item I do not use. I started playing this game because I did not have to do war/battle/fighting. The developers has made it all but impossible to play as a noncombatant.
My main city has gotten so slow to build and explore, I started a new city to keep things moving. The changes to the wholesaler have made it all but impossible to build up a new city when there are very few people as neighbors and even fewer people who will do trades.
I have been playing since last October, this is my first and probably last forum post.
Taking suggestions on a new game.

edeba

They caught me at a less critical place with this upgrade that completely turns off the ability to finish any research you've started. I've seen fellowship members just quit over doing this.

Couldn't agree more that the frustration of the game has become greater than the fun. I had been spending about $20 a month to play, no more.
When I went to sleep last night I had just opened the chest to the Dwarf chapter and had 3 points in Advanced Scouts. Logged in this morning to find that the pathing in Chapter 4 has changed and I can no longer put KP into Advanced Scouts. I am forced to put KP into a war/battle item I do not use. I started playing this game because I did not have to do war/battle/fighting. The developers has made it all but impossible to play as a noncombatant.
My main city has gotten so slow to build and explore, I started a new city to keep things moving. The changes to the wholesaler have made it all but impossible to build up a new city when there are very few people as neighbors and even fewer people who will do trades.
I have been playing since last October, this is my first and probably last forum post.
Taking suggestions on a new game.

Gath Of Baal

@Dhurrin , Yep, this is why I have stopped posting ideas a week ago on here and the beta forums, you and a few others have posted ideas repeatedly on the beta forums that make sense and would be easy to implement and are not game breakers.. Its frustrating to put in all the work on developing an idea only to have it lost due to lack of support or said that it is forwarded, only to never hear about it again..
I always liked to read your ideas and always found your insight on mine helpful.. I am in the same boat as you, I am down to playing only 2 cities now and doing 1-2 day productions, when I used to do 5+ 3 hours productions a day.. I am only really sticking around this game to see if it does get any better..
In the mean time I have found 2 old games buried in a box in the closet and reinstalled them on my computer, that I have been using to spend all my time on lately, StarCraft and diablo 2... good ole blizzard... funny how a game made 20 years ago (starcraft) is still fun now as it was way back lol..

Anyways good luck with whatever you do

DeletedUser3696

@Dhurrin , Yep, this is why I have stopped posting ideas a week ago on here and the beta forums, you and a few others have posted ideas repeatedly on the beta forums that make sense and would be easy to implement and are not game breakers.. Its frustrating to put in all the work on developing an idea only to have it lost due to lack of support or said that it is forwarded, only to never hear about it again..
I always liked to read your ideas and always found your insight on mine helpful.. I am in the same boat as you, I am down to playing only 2 cities now and doing 1-2 day productions, when I used to do 5+ 3 hours productions a day.. I am only really sticking around this game to see if it does get any better..
In the mean time I have found 2 old games buried in a box in the closet and reinstalled them on my computer, that I have been using to spend all my time on lately, StarCraft and diablo 2... good ole blizzard... funny how a game made 20 years ago (starcraft) is still fun now as it was way back lol..

Anyways good luck with whatever you do
Those were and are awesome games due to the platform (both different).

I've always wanted to combine Diablo's fighting mechanics with the depth from a game like WoW for character development. I think you could combine the best of 2 worlds/platforms.

DeletedUser4778

I'm confident you can find a more satisfying game, Dhurrin. Sad to see you go but I understand as I haven't been that active lately either.

I would enjoy playing Heroes of Might and Magic from my student days way more than the ridiculous battle 'system' in this game. And I would definitely enjoy playing Starcraft, Diablo, and Age of Empires way more too even though my reflexes are probably slower now. And these are old games. There are lots of new games out there that I'm sure I would enjoy and give me less frustration than this one. The only reason I'm staying is because this game isn't addicting and keeping me awake way past my bedtime.

DeletedUser3696

I'm confident you can find a more satisfying game, Dhurrin. Sad to see you go but I understand as I haven't been that active lately either.

I would enjoy playing Heroes of Might and Magic from my student days way more than the ridiculous battle 'system' in this game. And I would definitely enjoy playing Starcraft, Diablo, and Age of Empires way more too even though my reflexes are probably slower now. And these are old games. There are lots of new games out there that I'm sure I would enjoy and give me less frustration than this one. The only reason I'm staying is because this game isn't addicting and keeping me awake way past my bedtime.
I have Homm3 still on my laptop - still a fun game.

Gath Of Baal

Given the amount of forum threads started by Community Managers asking for feedback, you wonder why if it's as challenging as you say to get them to listen to new ideas. :)

The asking of feedback is an illusion.. We are ment to think our opinion matters, this is the whole reason an update feedback is even here, to let players vent on an update then never looking to see the reason why the players vent...
Yes the forum base only represents a small number of the player base, but at least the forum users have shown an active interest in what does or does not happen in the game they once loved.. Some forum users even represent more then just the opinions of themselves as in 1 person speaking for a whole fellowship worth of opinions..
I understand that the developers cannot listen to everybody and tailor the game to individual players, because we would end up with a very different game that would have hundreds of different aspects and impossible to keep up with.. But when you have an overwhelming response to a change or the direction a game is going, they should probably start to listen before they have no one left to listen to...

DeletedUser6933

I just started so these forum threads are certainly interesting to me. I've been around a fair amount of other games, and to be honest there are devs that listen, and devs that do not listen based on player base. There's also the player that has been around since the beginning that has seen it go from a free game to a pay for play which causes friction as well, but overall I'm just here with my popcorn trying to learn and become productive (albeit the slow way as I wouldn't invest money into it yet, hasn't earned that much from me at this stage). :)

DeletedUser2862

I didnt mind spending £20.00-£40.00 a month on here as its my pleasure of trying too build a city how i want it looking,,, the devs never respond too my messages on there page on facebook, as im allways slating them for slowly killing a great game,,, they remind me of the E.U,,, slowly killing Europe and they cant see it.

DeletedUser6933

If it's worth the investment I wouldn't mind either, but I prefer to see how long things take, what kind of developments are necessary, and if it's a game I like before I do. Don't tell my wife though. :p

DeletedUser6834

I agree with the original post. The was fun to play. I understood the rules and I played by the rules. But when the rules change direction for reasons that may or may not be given, I immediately think of a lying political weasel looking to fill his pockets. This game used to be a passion then it turned into merely fun, and now it's turning into a chore. What a sad way to destroy a beautiful game. I wonder if those programmers/developers/MBAs are able to see the impending end?

DeletedUser6335

I'll admit - I clicked on it to play based on the "advertisement" that it was a 'Fantasy Builder Game'. I was in no way prepared for the fighting aspect and I apparently started *just* as it changed - now it's changing again...even "harder" for newer players to succeed at. I'm playing as often as I can - running as much as I can and am barely able to keep up without making armies. I feel like any steps I take forward I take two or three back; it's getting a bit disconcerting. I hope the voices that are calling out for some changes back to "what it was at the start" are heard. It's saddening to see just how many folks are to (or past) the point of playing any more - my neighborhoods aren't active enough to be much help as it is without less folks around. *sigh*