• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ensorcelled Endowment Advice Requested

Gkyr

Chef
Previously I have been pretty casual about using EE - I have been maintaining supplies adequately.

Now I am asking for a master class in using EE. I have quite a few though nowhere near the levels of my experienced mates.

Neighborly help seems randomly assigned among eligible bldgs. Help added to new bldgs as opposed to hitting already marked bldg seems hit-or-miss.

My question: if I gang-stack EE on an eligible (marked building) for many hours and do this to any newly-marked bldg. that comes up, will that increase my stock of contributing bldgs, as opposed to only one EE per help (since they last longer in the contributing queue)?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Neighborly help seems randomly assigned among eligible bldgs. Help added to new bldgs as opposed to hitting already marked bldg seems hit-or-miss.
I believe neighbors are offered buildings to polish based on their culture value so high culture buildings get polished first. At least based on my observations. This is why I stopped putting down codex buildings. Even though they are high culture per tile, they never get polished since I have larger culture buildings lying around. In the long run, the larger buildings give me more culture per tile since they do get polished.

My Unicorn Glade is set to sparkle for over a year. It’s my highest culture building (I think). My Menhirok’s Barrow is also going to sparkle for a year bc sparkles, rainbows, and tiaras go together. However, it’s currently not even polished as it’s not my highest culture building. My Unicorn Glade seems to always be polished but I think after polish expires, it’s immediately offered up to next visiting neighbor due to its high culture value. I think neighborly visits still expire after 8hrs but your building will keep sparkling if you stack them with EEs.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I think neighborly visits still expire after 8hrs but your building will keep sparkling if you stack them with EEs.

Unless you have the AW built that increases neighborly help duration. I am blanking on the name of it right now, but my help duration is over 15 hours per polish. And then there is the AW that rewards you with bonus Mana from mana-producing culture buildings when they are polished.

BrinDarby

@crackie , has the plan ...

If someone gives you help using the UI, then they give you help
on the (highest) culture bldg, currently not help'd.

So whatever my 4 highest culture bldgs are, those are the ones
I "spell up", so I run usually @ 190% ... if you want more, then
just go down the line and spell-up the top culture bldgs, in order,
and usually those will stay help'd by an active FS or neighbors....

BrinDarby

People not using the UI for neighborly help are masochists
Well, if you're not in thier notifications, not in thier FS and have a big city,
many PC users don't wanna spend 30 sec loading your city, then panning
around for culture bldgs, then remembering which one gives you the most....

Ur lucky they spent the 30 seconds to load ur city in the 1st place to give help.
Most ppl don't bother if the UI option isn't there..... ie- PC users...

Talaedraiia

People not using the UI for neighborly help are masochists :)
What does UI stand for? I’m pretty sure I know what you’re talking about as on my iPad, I’m given three choices. A culture building, builders hut and main hall. I don’t know what pc users have to do.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
What does UI stand for? I’m pretty sure I know what you’re talking about as on my iPad, I’m giving three choices. A culture building, builders hut and main hall. I don’t know what pc users have to do.

Browser players have the same choice for anyone in their fellowship and for anyone from the world map who are in their notification list. To visit anyone else, you have to go to the world map and then load the player's city and then hunt around their city to find what building you want to help.

Talaedraiia

Browser players have the same choice for anyone in their fellowship and for anyone from the world map who are in their notification list. To visit anyone else, you have to go to the world map and then load the player's city and then hunt around their city to find what building you want to help.
Thank you for the explanation. I am still small enough that I can visit all my neighbors ever day, which I do to collect the coins, so I guess I’m making it easier for them to polish my buildings. That makes me wonder why more of my neighbors don’t visit me. I would still like to know what UI stands for

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thank you for the explanation. I am still small enough that I can visit all my neighbors ever day, which I do to collect the coins, so I guess I’m making it easier for them to polish my buildings. That makes me wonder why more of my neighbors don’t visit me. I would still like to know what UI stands for

Most are probably dead cities. Unless you are fairly close to the center of a server, you would be lucky if 25% of all your discovered cities are still played, and that they have also discovered you and can visit back.

LisaMV

Oh goodness! I need to respond to this, but it is way past my bedtime, too late to take it on tonight.
I am a culture-boost junkie, and have learned lots of tricks of the trade by now.
Crystal Lighthouse ~ wonderful for extending the polish time! In one of my cities it is at level 27, and extends the 8 hour polish to almost 23 hours! But even at level 7 it is 13 hours instead of 8.
I keep my culture boost around 200% ~ almost never have coin/supplies issues.
There are other things to do to focus and enhance your efforts as well.
more later...
zzz, lisa

Gkyr

Chef
If someone gives you help using the UI, then they give you help
on the (highest) culture bldg, currently not help'd.
But...it frequently happens that help is announced on a building that already was carrying the help 'polish'. And there are unpolished identical buildings available.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Well, if you're not in thier notifications, not in thier FS and have a big city,
many PC users don't wanna spend 30 sec loading your city, then panning
around for culture bldgs, then remembering which one gives you the most....

Ur lucky they spent the 30 seconds to load ur city in the 1st place to give help.
Most ppl don't bother if the UI option isn't there..... ie- PC users...
I use both versions and I totally agree that mobile is way better for help visits unless the city is in your notification list. I normally only use PC when I am at home, but if I get in a crunch for gold and need to tag the dead cities on the world map for extra then I will log out of the game on my laptop and get out my phone.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The point of EE is to increase coin and supply production. That's the real goal of all that visiting/EE spell usage. Here's the method I use to get to and most of the time maintain 225-240% production boost from visits.

1) First I figure out how long the visits last. In my case just over 12 hours. That means I will need .5 EE spell per day per each culture building I expect to be visited consistently. How many of those do I expect?

2) I count for a few days how many visits I get. I track this as it can go up or down. In my case I get about 30 visits a day, enough to keep 15 culture buildings polished. Thus, I will also need 7-8 EE spells a day. I then build my city to sustain that rate by doing the Spire, Tournament, constant crafting, MA, and so on. Sometimes I can't do it and have to take a break ...about once every six weeks, to build up my EE spells, but normally I manage somehow.

Now the great thing about this is that since you are constantly using EE spells your coins and supply production is greatly increased -- and thus you can do with fewer. I have 9 Magic Residences and 2 Magic Workshops so I have more room for other things.

Finally, to keep the visits coming I visit a lot. Over 220 of my fellowship and neighbors at least 6 and often 7 days a week. This is why I get the visits I do and what makes generating/using the EE spells so effective. To do that many though, I have to go to the mobile app (I play on a PC) and to do that I use the NOX android emulator which allows me to do the much faster visitation via the mobile version.

So that's how I do it. Hope it helps.

AJ

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
1) First I figure out how long the visits last. In my case just over 12 hours. That means I will need 2 EE spells per day per each culture building I expect to be visited consistently. How many of those do I expect?

So you know an EE lasts for 48 hours? Or more if you build the AW that boosts it?

Gladiola

I use EE on buildings with the highest culture regardless of whether they are currently polished (since the EE lasts way longer than the polishing). Most of my polishes come from Fellows who are using the notifications screen and therefore polish my highest culture first. If my highest culture building isn't polished now, it will be soon.

I get about 30% of my culture from 5 buildings, and 20% from 3 of them, so I usually just hit the 3 highest with EEs when I have a quest to do it or I need extra coins and supplies. They stay polished more often than not.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
So you know an EE lasts for 48 hours? Or more if you build the AW that boosts it?

Yeah, I wondered later since my needs for EE spells, as quoted, was a lot more than I thought. Thanks for the correction. I've edited my earlier comments.

AJ