• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ensorcelled Endowment

Aritra

Ensorcelled Endowment. I've read the description of this enchantment, but I don't really understand it.
Since I'm not hurting for spell fragments, I'm looking for tips on the best ways to use them, maximize their benefit.

Kekune

This one is tricky. It boosts your culture, but only if you already have a culture bonus (at least 125%) AND someone polishes the building you've enchanted.

If you don't meet both those conditions, the spell does nothing. If you do, each spell on a polished building increases your bonus by 5%.

So if you're already at 125%, a spell gets you to 130%. If you started at 170%, the spell gets you to 175%.

Aritra

@Kekune
My culture bonus is typically 160% or 170% (can't recall how long its been since it was below 160%).
Should I place it on my highest culture item?
I receive regular NH and because the mobile interface is so popular (because it is easier, time-saver) and it defaults the culture item to your highest not helped, the highest has a good or high probability of being polished.
Does that make sense?
If so, is it best placed on a high item/popular item when it is not currently being helped? (placement before polishing?)

Deleted User - 1178646

If the building where the spell is active one has a neighbourly help bonus you get an additional 5%
1604026747996.png

It can rise much higher that way.

I sometimes have a bonus of 600+, but since I havent given help myself in day's it's bit low now.

Kekune

Should I place it on my highest culture item?
If so, is it best placed on a high item/popular item when it is not currently being helped?
The culture of the building doesn't affect how the spell works, but you're right that the higher culture items will usually get polished first/ most.

If you're conserving spells, I'd decide placement based on what culture is polished, how long it'll last, and how much help you're expecting in the short term. If you get a ton of regular help, then you don't really risk the spell going to waste if nobody hits that building.

When I use these, I usually do a bunch at a time. I spell everything that's already been helped, and maybe a couple extra big items if I see their help has expired.

Aritra

I think I'm understanding but one question remaining unclear...
Does it make a difference if the building being applied with the EE is currently under the effect of NH bonus vs building not recently polished?

Deleted User - 1178646

I think I'm understanding but one question remaining unclear...
Does it make a difference if the building being applied with the EE is currently under the effect of NH bonus vs building not recently polished?

No it does not matter when there are polished, as long as there is both a polish effect and a spell effect active on a building you get the bonus.
If the polish is finished the bonus will be gone untill it hets help again, for as long as the spell is active.

Aritra

And in assessing my city for culture replacement, it is difficult because I have almost zero non-producing culture. Nearly everything is producing population or goods or both. (I have a few lamposts scattered, decorative, lol. I have a few frozen flames and codexes. And a couple unicorns that are culture only, but they're staying with the collection, lol). Replacing goods-producing culture isn't too difficult as higher yields are an easy choice, but losing population-bearing culture means that number of pop setback so not sure about getting rid of those. I'm not totally sure that I'm in need of culture-culling, though.

Edit: I just finished a spreadsheet listing every item that produces culture, pop, goods, etc and set it up to calculate per tile culture and ordered the data according to highest per tile culture. Learned a few of my culture only pieces are in the top slots for culture/tile value (so not so wasted even though not producing anything else) and learned the days are numbered for my Festive May Tree (ch.3,lvl.7), which has the lowest per tile rating and though it does produce, its population is not a huge setback and other production values have been helpful, but not significant enough to earn itself off the chopping block (I think...). Even an unevolved/base level Witch's Hut (ch.6) has nearly five times the per/tile culture value [haven't placed Witch's Hut yet and have three artifacts (ch.7), which haven't been taken into consideration in spreadsheet.] This is probably an example of replacing old culture with new. Higher chapters produce more and as you move up, the items acquired in lower chapters don't pull their weight anymore.

Last edited:

Aritra

If the polish is finished the bonus will be gone untill it hets help again, for as long as the spell is active.
So, if the NH bonus clock runs out before the EE clock runs out, the EE clock pauses until it receives NH again, and this continues until the EE runs out???

Kekune

So, if the NH bonus clock runs out before the EE clock runs out, the EE clock pauses until it receives NH again, and this continues until the EE runs out???
Nope. The spell lasts 48hrs, whether or not the building is polished.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@Aritra Sometimes INNO runs a mini event where you progress by using your spells and such. It's a great way to use them. I wish I could use them on other peoples builds in my fellowship, but such is not the case.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Here's my formula. Count the number of average daily visits. In my case it's 34. Since the average NH effect is 12 hours I can expect the top 17 culture sources to receive almost all the visits I get. I put my EE spells on those. I then watch to see which are visited....and, not surprisingly, I've only seen one not in the top 17 ever receive a visit. So now my culture is usually at 220-230%. Just remember it's not the amount of culture per square, but the total culture of the building that determines the order. If I have 1 square culture only building giving me 1000 culture it's still not going to beat a 6 square building giving me 1200 culture even if it's culture density is a lot higher.

So take the number of visits you get on average, divide by half, and do the building with the most culture.

AJ

Aritra

@ajqtrz
I'm not understanding the relevance of the number of daily visits...
Seems like simply put it on the highest culture item.
For now, I have it on my Unicorn Glade.
I also recognize the common places helped is in line with my top culture items (made a spreadsheet yesterday tracking all culture items, calculating per tile value and what else it provides, data ordered by tile value or item value). I am not sure the number but I do have several who make daily visits and typically the same group hits the same group. Especially with the mobile interface defaulting to highest available, my highest item is pretty much guaranteed to be hit daily.
If I had several of these typically, I would put it on my top three or four (or more, if in particular abundance), but for now, it is one at a time and try to keep it continuous as the enchantment is available.

Aritra

@ajqtrz
I'm not understanding the relevance of the number of daily visits...
It just hit me. You were suggesting that as a formula for how many of the culture items you have enchanted at the same time. Don't want too many or they're wasted, too few and missing out on benefit if hit regularly.
At the moment, my ideal number (based on typical group) would be fourteen, but I'd settle for safe ten... if I had that many regularly, of course.

Blue-Iris

In my view, EE's are only worth crafting in order to transform them to spell fragments. Otherwise, since it depends entirely on chance whether anyone will polish the building you've selected to enchant with an EE, it's likely they'll just go to waste. Better to change them to spell fragments so you can make something with them that you can actually use. That's the only reason I ever produce them.

Aritra

In my view, EE's are only worth crafting in order to transform them to spell fragments. Otherwise, since it depends entirely on chance whether anyone will polish the building you've selected to enchant with an EE, it's likely they'll just go to waste. Better to change them to spell fragments so you can make something with them that you can actually use. That's the only reason I ever produce them.
That's what I used to do, and most definitely will do again if I'm in a fragment dry spell ;) I think it is only dependent on chance if most of your visitors are actually viewing the city and choosing whatever. Since mobile is so popular, and it automatically offers the highest item not helped, then placing EE on highest item (or two) isn't risky. Without taking notes, I've been watching for common choices in the help I receive. I have regular help and nearly all of it is the same top items. Thanks for the disenchant reminder, though.

Last edited:

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I like my cities to sparkle occasionally, so I use them. I might have mentioned before that sometimes INNO runs a mini event where you will like having those EE spells to use.