• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Error in awarded Spire points

I have had several members compare the points earned per member based on encounters completed is 17 points short of the points awarded. We currently have 19 at the top. 1 on the fifth encounter in the Lab, 1 at the gate of the Lab, 2 at the 10th encounter of the High Halls and 2 have completed the Gateway. Total cumulative points earned based on 1 point for normal encounter, 2 for gate keepers and 3 for level boss is 1395 points. That is 5th place for the spire this week. Total points awarded are 1378 which is 7th place.

There is either a calculation error in the game or we are not getting full credit for the players that joined during the Spire. Since we lost all the points of the member that left during the Spire and I can find no documentation regarding partial credit points earned by members that are not in the fellowship for the duration of the Spire, I can only assume that the algorithm for calculating FS score is inherently unfair. Based on my 43 years of working in IT, I would say that the algorithm used to credit the FS simply increments a count based on the encounters that are completed by a player while they are a member. This would mean that a fellowship would get no credit for a member that reached the top of the spire on the first day. Assuming that this is the case, this behavior is not documented, to be fair credit should be given to a Fellowship for the achievements of each fellow at the completion of the Spire or Tournament for that matter unless the points earned by a fellow that leaves are kept by the fellowship when they leave and we lost all points earned by the fellow that left the fellowship.

Only the FA shows documentation that states that a fellow must be a member to participate and contribute to the FA. I am uncertain as to what happens to FA points of a fellow that leaves.

I will not relent on this issue until my FS is credited the 17 points, you provide documentation that only points that are earned by in the Spire while a member of the FS or escalate this to higher level support who can provide an acceptable resolution or answer this anomaly.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
If you want official answers you'll need to submit an in-game support ticket. This is a mostly user-driven forum with volunteer moderators. They'll pick up some bugs in this section that are impacting a significant number of players, but otherwise, you're just going to get responses here from other players trying to help each other. Sometimes one of the mods will post a 'please send a ticket to support' answer for you.
not getting full credit for the players that joined during the Spire.
^^That's it as far as we have figured out. Any Spire activity that happened before they were a member of your FS doesn't count in the total. Where the official documentation for this is, I have no clue.
There was a thread where we were discussing how some FS reach scores of over 1575 (the total of 25 players making the individual max of 63 pts each). In that thread, a player who has a sister FS on the same world where members move between the two groups for various reasons had previously seen how it works and you can find that post here:
Total FS spire points calculations

DeletedUser27062

I have had several members compare the points earned per member based on encounters completed is 17 points short of the points awarded. We currently have 19 at the top. 1 on the fifth encounter in the Lab, 1 at the gate of the Lab, 2 at the 10th encounter of the High Halls and 2 have completed the Gateway. Total cumulative points earned based on 1 point for normal encounter, 2 for gate keepers and 3 for level boss is 1395 points. That is 5th place for the spire this week. Total points awarded are 1378 which is 7th place.

There is either a calculation error in the game or we are not getting full credit for the players that joined during the Spire. Since we lost all the points of the member that left during the Spire and I can find no documentation regarding partial credit points earned by members that are not in the fellowship for the duration of the Spire, I can only assume that the algorithm for calculating FS score is inherently unfair. Based on my 43 years of working in IT, I would say that the algorithm used to credit the FS simply increments a count based on the encounters that are completed by a player while they are a member. This would mean that a fellowship would get no credit for a member that reached the top of the spire on the first day. Assuming that this is the case, this behavior is not documented, to be fair credit should be given to a Fellowship for the achievements of each fellow at the completion of the Spire or Tournament for that matter unless the points earned by a fellow that leaves are kept by the fellowship when they leave and we lost all points earned by the fellow that left the fellowship.

Only the FA shows documentation that states that a fellow must be a member to participate and contribute to the FA. I am uncertain as to what happens to FA points of a fellow that leaves.

I will not relent on this issue until my FS is credited the 17 points, you provide documentation that only points that are earned by in the Spire while a member of the FS or escalate this to higher level support who can provide an acceptable resolution or answer this anomaly.

Do you think this is due to me joining part way through the spire tourney? I had already completed the first few chests before I left my old FS

If you want official answers you'll need to submit an in-game support ticket. This is a mostly user-driven forum with volunteer moderators. They'll pick up some bugs in this section that are impacting a significant number of players, but otherwise, you're just going to get responses here from other players trying to help each other. Sometimes one of the mods will post a 'please send a ticket to support' answer for you.

^^That's it as far as we have figured out. Any Spire activity that happened before they were a member of your FS doesn't count in the total. Where the official documentation for this is, I have no clue.
There was a thread where we were discussing how some FS reach scores of over 1575 (the total of 25 players making the individual max of 63 pts each). In that thread, a player who has a sister FS on the same world where members move between the two groups for various reasons had previously seen how it works and you can find that post here:
Total FS spire points calculations
I opened an ticket and just getting a response that the count is correct, which is why I posted here.

We had a player leave with at least 42 points on the board and those are gone. It appears the points that members earned before joining are not applying. As you have noted. There is no documentation about this or what happens to Tourney points in the forums or Wiki. They way I see it, if the game is going to take away the points earned by a player that leaves, then we should get full credit for the points earned by all members earned during at the end of the Spire or Tourney. Unfair to deduct fully without full credit. I play another online game where it is well documented that the majority of the points earned by a player stay with the guild when they leave and by what percentage. Unacceptable to state that the calculations are correct without explaining the reasons for the obvious anomalous result.

I found the thread you refer to, but nothing official. I expect that players were gaming the Spire early on, like the had the FAs, but no response showing that was shut down like they did for FAs. I've found information in the forums, that a portion of your Tourney points stay with the FS you leave, but none follow you.

Of course all this is unofficial, so without an official statement from Inno, this qualifies as a bug. The definition of a software bug is "An undocumented result in the execution of code"

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Any purple points earned by a member in one fellowship do not carry over if they switch fellowships during a Spire. For example, if someone completed the first section of the 1st floor and then switched, the new fellowship would not get those 5 points. They stay with the old fellowship.