• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Error not enough space when upgrading building

DeletedUser8754

Game version: v1.30.4-(249c34e5a) (2017-05-24 13:00)
Game world: Arendyll
Browser + version: Google Chrome, 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)
Flash Player version: __
Operating System: Windows 7
Screen resolution: i have 3 different screens, i dont think it matters
Account name: candycrush4lyf
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 4/5 happens often, but not always

Current situation:
This bug has been reported before in 2015 and it is happening to me right now: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/7019-error-when-upgrading-residence.3481/

Whenever I want to update my marble manufactory it says there is not enough space... Except... that there is enough space. I had this problem before with other buildings and thought it was my fault but now it is happening again (this time with the marble manufactory level 5 > upgrading to level 6). It seems to happen randomly with certain buildings.

When I found the forum thread I linked previously I read that someone said that putting paths/trails at the north side DOES seem to work, but not south/west/east. I tried this and I could upgrade the building when the path was at the North side, but not on the other sides (I will include screenshots for this).

Reproduction Steps
1. Click on level 5 marble manufactory with path facing south
2. Click on upgrade
3. Can't upgrade: 2x2 is red
4. Move path facing north
5. Click on level 5 marble manufactory upgrade
6. Can upgrade: 2x2 is not red anymore

Screenshots of the bug:
southpath.jpg
Here the path is at the south and 2x2 is red implying there isn't enough space when there clearly is enough space

eastpath.jpg

Here the path is at the east and 2x2 is red implying there isn't enough space when there clearly is enough space

westpath.jpg

Here the path is at the west and 2x2 is red implying there isn't enough space when there clearly is enough space

northpath.jpg

Here the path is at the north and 2x2 is not red anymore??

Calenmir

While this appears to be a 'problem' the building is EXPECTING the open space to be on a particular side. All you need to do is 'move' the building - note that if you had a builder available the message at the bottom would say: MOVE AND UPGRAD. What this means is: pick the building up and put it right back down.

Right now, based on the pictures you've presented, part of your problem is the lack of an available builder. If you had a builder available you would see (instead of 'ADD BUILDER'): MOVE AND UPGRADE.

As said above, just pick it up and put it back down.

DeletedUser8754

Yea, I understand that at that point I couldn't upgrade it cause I needed a builder - I'm not blind but that was also not my issue. I did not say that I can't upgrade my building because of that.

I was talking about the fact that 2x2 is RED when it SHOULDN'T BE. When I "pick it up and put it back down" that also does not work; it stays red. As I said this problem only arises when the path is at the south/west/east but not at the north. I made the screenshots AFTER I realized this was a problem and I started upgrading other buildings.

Now my other buildings have upgraded and the problem still persists with the marble manufactury.

Calenmir

Not accusing you of being blind, but you didn't read my whole note. The builder EXPECTS the free space on a specific side. Just pick it up and put it back down (as stated in my original note).

DeletedUser6857

What until you have an available builder and it will say move and upgrade. I have this all the time. It's looking for available space on the side that has the road (it considers the N corner of the building as the fixed point and wants to grow from there). It's just programmed that way. It's not wrong per se just a bit dogmatic about where it expects the available space to be. That's why there is the move and upgrade button.

DeletedUser61

The anchor for EVERY building is the uppermost corner. To expand or place the building you MUST have enough space on the
  • Front left (the first number)
  • Front right (the second number)
Interestingly, if you click anywhere on the base of a building it will "jump" to attach the uppermost corner to the cursor, so if you know what you are doing you can "move" a building by clicking in the right spot if you're just shifting the building a little ways.
Jump.jpg