• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Event Building Rewards

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
There will always be those who think that when you are asking for a fix it is because you are lazy, don't want to impose rules, etc. You can have all the 'rules' you want but you can't dictate what OTHER PEOPLE DO. You only have control over your own actions. I don't take cross tier trades unless I have to or they are from my fellowship and even those, I can't always take. I ask my fellowship to trade fairly but when they only have t3s that they can afford to trade for the lower tiers, how do you tell them they can't do that? I'm an Archmage not a dictator. I feel I am there to facilitate the fellowship, because someone has to be in charge. I didn't create the fellowships in which I am Archmage, I inherited them. I would like INNO to look at things from the average player's point of view. No offense to any of you big leaguers, but those of us playing in the sand pit don't have the stored resources you do and not all of us have the ability to climb the spire to the end every week. That being said, in Khel I have multiple Moonstones and I don't want them taken away. I did have to pay diamonds to get them in the spire and I crafted. I find them to be extremely useful and I wish that they still spit out scrolls because I have always been scrolls, but I appreciate the crystal too, because I am always short on crystal. Heck, silk is my boost and I'm short on that. I don't have the massive storehouse of goods that the rest of you seem to have.

So in conclusion I am with Myne on this.

Alram

Flippers just flip
dear inno,
People are spamming my trader with t3s. Can you take away the t3 buildings so they will stop. We don't care if it means newer players will need to place more pop/cult/spacehogging t3 manufacturies in their tiny space limited cities.
Thanks! If they complain, we will just say it's their fault that they are new.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
When given the option, which good do you offer 1st? I tend to go left to right on floor 1 and 2 and right to left on floor 3.
I tend to go left to right throughout, but I may try your method sometime. :)

Darielle

dear inno,
People are spamming my trader with t3s. Can you take away the t3 buildings so they will stop. We don't care if it means newer players will need to place more pop/cult/spacehogging t3 manufacturies in their tiny space limited cities.
Thanks! If they complain, we will just say it's their fault that they are new.
I rather think this helps newer players rather than hurts. In the trader, bigger players are much, much more likely to take your t1 crosstrades and give you t3s than the other way around. Hence, the more t1s you have to trade, the more trades will be accepted by the big players who can easily afford to take your trades and who will always need t1s, either for themselves or to help their newer team members. At least that's how I see it.

mikeledo

are you not a member of a fellowship,@mikeledo ? Or all you all passed the point of regular goods?
I negotiate a ton, I will always need goods.
I have millions of regular goods. When someone in the FS needs some they post a trade. Every now and then I will need to balance and post 500K trades. I only use them to negotiate or cater and not that often.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I rather think this helps newer players rather than hurts. In the trader, bigger players are much, much more likely to take your t1 crosstrades and give you t3s than the other way around. Hence, the more t1s you have to trade, the more trades will be accepted by the big players who can easily afford to take your trades and who will always need t1s, either for themselves or to help their newer team members. At least that's how I see it.
I understand that bigger players want newer players to be dependent on the bigger players cross tier trades. If newer players have plenty of t3s, bigger players cross tiers rot.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I understand that bigger players want newer players to be dependent on the bigger players cross tier trades. If newer players have plenty of t3s, bigger players cross tiers rot.
I can tell the difference between someone occasionally posting cross tier T3 down trades versus someone who ONLY posts T3 down trades though. Having been a FA mage for so long, I also know the general ballpark of when people in the FS pop in (have to know this info when playing the waiting game on pulling the flag). So it’s not like they’re posting same tier trades that already got taken when I wasn’t looking. If they occasionally do it, then they need the goods or are trying to get rid of T3 glut. If they are the only trades I ever see them list though, then I am going with lazy or unwilling.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Instead of "only basic or refined goods" how about more often than not those and on occasion still offer tier 3?

crackie

No offense to any of you big leaguers, but those of us playing in the sand pit don't have the stored resources you do and not all of us have the ability to climb the spire to the end every week.
Well, a big part of it is also some of us have fighting leaning cities. Our goods expenditure is pretty low so it’s easy to accumulate a large war chest of goods. My goods mostly accumulate as I really only use them for building upgrades and catering High Halls, which isn’t that expensive. There aren’t that many buildings to upgrade each chapter either. But you will learn no matter how much of everything you have collected, reading the forums will sometimes make you feel like you’ve not got a handle on things at all! You hoarded for the tourney and Spire? Good, but you forgot to account for the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse! Get back to work…

And not that Tourney is the bar upon which to evaluate things, but people who do a lot of tourney do need to use a whole lot more resources on a weekly basis than someone who does not. That is a fact. Well, the majority of the top tourney players are all pure fighters. Only a small handful go deep in tourney as pure caterers. That tells me there is a significant advantage in solving the tourney problem, and thereby resource problem, by fighting, esp in late chapters when you have to juggle so many specialty stuff that all decay daily. That’s why I’ve built a mostly fighting city. Plus, if you fight, you can keep all the diamonds from the Spire when the math starts going against you trying to cater in the Lab.

I do like the chess game of manual fights though.

StarLoad

Instead of "only basic or refined goods" how about more often than not those and on occasion still offer tier 3?
Since the OP post was to stop more T3 and just T1 and T2 would not the vote be for that, or should we just hope that the devs can read our minds properly and only give us T3 sometimes? I don't think that works in that way. Unless I missed something?

Ed

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Since the OP post was to stop more T3 and just T1 and T2 would not the vote be for that, or should we just hope that the devs can read our minds properly and only give us T3 sometimes? I don't think that works in that way. Unless I missed something?

Ed
That is very true. Was just curious. I ended up voting yes.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I am hoping that they just change the new builds to a choice base system. Let me make marble if that's what I need or crystal or scrolls, or even a t3 because I still need those. I do the tourney by fighting and catering in order to get as deep as I'm able. I can only do it once a day because of my work schedule. So I do as many provinces as I can in as many rounds as I can.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
That would be my preference too, but who knows the mind of a developer and what occasionally means to them. Hence I said temporary. lol
Myne,
When I made the poll I needed to be clear since a vague request to the Dev's would not be received well. Clearly if we can get the Dev's to adjust this way we can then ask for a reasonable proportion of T1,2,3 buildings in the future.

Darielle

That is not what I said or would ever mean. I don't believe any of the bigger players in this forum, myself included, want new players dependent upon them. Most simply care about new members and want them to succeed, with no other motives whatsoever. And frankly, it is no fun when newer players receive extra help as a favor at first, and then get attached to lopsided trades. Are they grateful for past help when you say they've had enough, and they need to stand on their own two feet without nagging for special trades? No ... they're just upset when they can't draw from the well anymore. (In truth, very few do this, but the ones that do are a pain.)

There's obviously a resentment against bigger players coming through in your post. I don't understand it. Most of us are actually kind-hearted people. To say that we need new players to take our cross tier trades is laughable, because I haven't met a new player yet who can trade in fifty thousand or more goods in a clip, and frankly, those 5K trades are a drop in the bucket. We're just trying to be nice by taking them. :(

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
And not that Tourney is the bar upon which to evaluate things, but people who do a lot of tourney do need to use a whole lot more resources on a weekly basis than someone who does not. That is a fact. Well, the majority of the top tourney players are all pure fighters. Only a small handful go deep in tourney as pure caterers.
I'm sure this is true but I'm not convinced that it's because it's the only way to do it. From what I saw as a new player searching for advice and advancement strategies, 99.5% of the advice out there comes from and is geared to fighting players. When new players suggest catering, or ask how it can be done, the answer is almost always "It can't be, so don't bother!". This causes a self-perpetuating cycle whereby any players who might have excelled at catering later on are instead converted early on to fighting because it's How Things Are Done™, and they in turn end up telling newer players that you can't possibly cater once you get past the first chapters, you have to fight.

That tells me there is a significant advantage in solving the tourney problem, and thereby resource problem, by fighting, esp in late chapters when you have to juggle so many specialty stuff that all decay daily.
I haven't gone far enough in the chapters (nearing the end of 9 now) to guarantee that it's sustainable to be good at everything as a caterer all the way through but based on my experience so far, I do have to wonder if the lack of late-game/competitive caterers might simply be due to the lack of available advice and the active discouragement from trying by the vocal and widespread advice-givers who do guarantee that it can't be done, rather than due to a built-in-to-the-game inability to be a successful caterer.

As for the poll...I agree there seems to be an excess of T3 in the system right now but I don't think refusing to give T3 producers, even temporarily, is a good option. As was referenced a number of times throughout the thread, every time the devs have attempted to fix imbalances in the system in such a direct manner, even when necessary, it has had disastrous knock-on effects. This solution would force any players who reach those mid-levels while this is in effect to acquire T3 solely through building the manufactories (which are huge space- and population hogs, exacerbating the already oft-complained-about issue of not enough space) or through crosstrades (frowned upon by many players). As @Alram said, newer players actually do need those goods, and if the mid-to-higher-chapter players are feeling like they have to trade crosstier to keep up their goods levels, then the real issue isn't a glut of T3, it's a scarcity of T1 and T2. On the other hand, if the crosstier trades aren't the result of necessity but of just having more T3 than considered necessary, then I don't see it really as a problem. Either way, the problem isn't actually too much T3.

I think perhaps a better solution might be to simply have some event buildings in each event that offer each tier to all chapter players. If there's a building that gives T3, let that give T3 regardless of chapter, and there should likewise be a similar T2 and T1 building available. People could then pick and choose which to build based on their individual needs at the time, rather than what the game thinks you should need in your chapter, and the economy would probably even itself out more naturally as people fill in the holes in their production/trading opportunities.

Last edited:

crackie

I'm sure this is true but I'm not convinced that it's because it's the only way to do it.
That's why it was so sad when @Iyapo1 stopped! She was in Woodelves but mentioned she was starting to hit a wall trying to maintain 8k. Then she started her racing city before riding into the sunset. I was following along to see if she could keep it up and for how long.

Well, my one fighting city is stuck on seeds (chap 14) and my other city (chap 12, 1st chapter with sentients) is spinning in circles trying to scrape up 150k of each sentients to upgrade my Needles out of lvl 30. The 10% daily decay is a doozy. The wonder to lower decay is Simia, which you don't get til end of chap 14. To make sentients, the factories need to be lvl 23+ so they are mega pop gobblers. Upgrading them requires sentients and all the settlement stuff wants sentients too. I only have 2 factories out though, but I think I spend half the day replacing the previous day's decay. Definitely out of the gate on sentients, the decay is going to be what it is. I'd imagine you'd build more than 2 so you'll need lots of pop. At least with sentients, you could time instant your factories for more. For mana, you could enchant for mana on demand if you have a Dragon Abbey. I don't think there's a way to speed up seeds. My city stuck on seeds is trying to upgrade Simia, which means you need a lot of seeds to get sentient decay under control. Then at whatever chapter (17?), the Trader has the choice to make Urnurium or Seeds so you'll probably lose a major seed producer in your trader. There are definitely a lot of complications and to the decay stuff.

And not to confuse/discourage anyone, it's probably more than easy/feasible to run a pure catering city if you're doing like 2k of tourney. I'm saying I don't think anyone in the Top 20 of tourney charts or whatever are pure caterers. I could be wrong! I would like to learn if I am wrong.