• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Event currency counter

sam767

I'm a masochist this week (AKA I'm finally caught up with all of the other stuff). Here is another one.

Add an uncollected event currency counter to the event bar. This tracks all of the event currency drops.
Pros:
1. Allows users to know when we got them all.
2. Allows frequent collectors to defer searching until the next time in.
3. Removes yet another minor annoyance.
Cons:
1. Dev time

Attachments

• eVENT-cOUNTER.jpg
    eVENT-cOUNTER.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Is it difficult
Just unnecessarily annoying and tedious, doesn't matter the chapter. This would at least eliminate scrolling around when there's nothing there to find.
There's been lots of complaints over the years; hunting truffles (esp not the chocolate ones! ;) ) is not everyone's idea of fun. Was the same for the old neighborly help system where you had to go scrounging around other city outskirts for the treasure chests. They eventually changed that with the new visit system. Anyone with loads of time and enjoyed that can still do it, but I haven't heard of anyone who does it by choice since that change.

Aritra

I like it. The work-around is to switch screens either by opening the map or tech tree and then coming home to see if the "Keys have appeared" message pops which isn't fun.
Voting YES
The "keys have appeared" notification stays on screen sooo briefly that it is easy to miss it just looking away for two moments. Knowing that, I [obsessively-ish] do a perimeter sweep "just in case" and switch to a screen as you described and coming back. If no message, then I'm satisfied, until the next time I look away for more than ten seconds. *sigh*

It would be nice if I could just forget about it and ignore their possible existence and check hourly (or whatever) and let it go inbetween... but that hasn't happened (which might be helped if I understood the drop schedule, but I'm doubtful that would really solve the fixation "problem").

It is a pinch worse (speaking for me) in this particular event because I'm finding I have to look harder to find the keys that are too much like the landscape. A purple halo would have done a lot to help this. The gold seems like it should stand out but I find it too similar to the yellow-greens mixed with the multi-shaded textures (don't get me wrong, I love the art, it's just the keys blend a bit more than I'd like). On mobile, I'm finding keys less difficult to see because they are out of proportion against the background, much larger and stand out well. On desktop, where I prefer to be, they are very small and blend a bit more.

A counter would relieve so much of that irrational angst generated by the task of collecting the keys.

hvariidh gwendrot

@sam are you asking for them to say with a pop up how many keys there are to look for vs the pop up that says you have keys to look for ?
edit add: ah "counter" sorry .. so if it says 6 or 1 wouldn't most people still do a lap when it said 1 lol

Last edited: