• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Event Prizes - Alternate Methodolgy

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Given Problem: People want to get the absolute best building, and that providing high-value buildings means that some people will get more of them than others, possibly creating potential imbalances which are currently addressed by reducing the value of buildings and putting good buildings earlier in the rotation.

Solution: Do away with the notion of a daily prize. Instead, make the series of Grand Prizes much longer, with much smaller steps between prizes and have all daily prizes identical throughout the event.

Detail: Instead of a daily building, have the available win slots be the standard consumables and relics (including instants) The first "Grand" prize requires only (50?) candy/snowflakes/whatever. The second grand prize requires 50 more, etc, etc, etc.

Everybody has more-nearly the same chance (adjusting only for people who win more free chances) to win exactly one of every "grand" prize, presuming they are diligent about collecting Beets/etc. Nobody gets four mother dragons, everybody has a good chance of getting one. The prizes can get slowly better and better leading up to the nearly-unattainable top prizes. Your ability to place a "razmagropticommuppet" is a record of how far you got through the event. The best prizes rely more on dedication to the event, and less on random luck, and nobody leaves in a huff because they really wanted the blasmefingrendongle and spent money on diamonds but didn't get it while their neighbor got eleven. They'd know exactly how many diamonds they need to get one.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Interesting idea, but for many I think it would lead to an inventory of buildings that will never be used. Taking the prizes from last event as an example, I would have went just far enough to get the Valor and Mother dragon, and then stopped. All other prizes won in between would stay in my inventory until I quit.
Actually, if I knew that the best I could get would be 1 MD and 1 VV, I probably wouldn't have even done any of the event.
Combined with a serious tweak to the quest costs and level of tedium that could change though.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think as long as we understand we are talking to other players, there's value. If an idea is obviously bad, it usually gets pointed out by other players. If there is broad support, then those who are active on the beta forums can take the idea there and go through more discussion. If it continues to receive broad support, it can get a poll done by the mods on beta. If there are 20 votes on Beta, the mods present it to the developers. I think that's not the worst possible arrangement, even if it's frustrating for those who don't understand it.

If I comment about the devs not paying any attention here, it's not at new ideas/suggestions, it's when people want to undo something or have a complaint about something that happened to them. That's going to get nowhere on these forums, and is a waste of their time and ours.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If there is broad support, then those who are active on the beta forums can take the idea there and go through more discussion. If it continues to receive broad support, it can get a poll done by the mods on beta.
For some reason they seem to have stopped doing this- no new poll in months.