• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Event Quest #39

YellowWeed

How can anyone do this , and not get behind?
The event quest ask for Research tech tree OR upgrade building to Level 20. LEVEL TWENTY.
How the heck can I do that? I clicked on every building I had-and I cannot even go there yet. So I have to do the tech tee research. Well, I have to make ALOT of stuff & get KP's..it can be done..but will take forever. Which means is going to make me get so far behind. I don't even have enough crowns right now to even get the 1st grand prize offered. It doesn't make sense. The upgradable quest after this one goes to just level 5. Why is this one level 20??? Do ya'll have your thinking caps on when designing this?
My disappointment level is very high and my excitement level is very low now.
Please!!!! Can the design team..really really THINK these these out first?

DeletedUser9601

Its easy to not get behind. We've known for about 2 weeks that this would be a quest. If you're already on Quest #39, you've likely read some quest prep/spoilers.

Easy option: save a side tech you don't need for progress (like a squad size upgrade). Fill all the KPs required BUT DONT ACTIVATE IT. Activate it once you have the quest.

But if its really going to take you 2 weeks to unlock a tech because you don't have tier goods/guest race goods, then you aren't going to finish the sequential quests anyways.

StarLoad

The event quest ask for Research tech tree OR upgrade building to Level 20. LEVEL TWENTY.
How the heck can I do that? I clicked on every building I had-and I cannot even go there yet. So I have to do the tech tee research. Well, I have to make ALOT of stuff & get KP's..it can be done..but will take forever. Which means is going to make me get so far behind. I don't even have enough crowns right now to even get the 1st grand prize offered. It doesn't make sense. The upgradable quest after this one goes to just level 5. Why is this one level 20??? Do ya'll have your thinking caps on when designing this?
Well I dont know what level you are at but at 1 KP per hour the most it should take is the number needed to complete 1 research? 30 or 40 or 60 is all and you can buy some KP if you have extra coins available. This really isnt a setback just one you should overcome and while you are waiting get your other rescources reasdy for the other quests

DeletedUser8246

I am in the same boat and not happy about it. I did look ahead but must have missed this somehow. What a waste of time.

DeletedUser2380

It certainly can get you frustrated. I had all my 2 days ready buy couldnt put them where i could take up road. and well, i managed to snag a couple of them prematurely when they were like 2 quests away. Ive made sure not to do that again. lol. But, its fun and competitive. I love the quests.

DeletedUser6328

How the heck can I do that? I clicked on every building I had-and I cannot even go there yet. So I have to do the tech tee research. Well, I have to make ALOT of stuff & get KP's..it can be done..but will take forever.

IMO, it should be a challenge to complete some quests. Why does so many people want Elvenar to be so easy? What would the point of playing a game be if there were no challenges?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
IMO, it should be a challenge to complete some quests.
That's true. But for people who have not spent diamonds on extra land expansions, there are points in some of the Guest races where you may have to wait a week or more for enough goods to complete a single tech. I've been working with someone who had to squeeze to get 6 granite mines in and their progress through Dwarves is agonizingly slow. If we hadn't been there to tell them to save a tech earlier for the Winter event, she'd have been very frustrated when it comes up.

DeletedUser8946

I don't much like this quest... Like you said, you can't Upgrade anything to Level 20 until you're in the Orcs & Goblins chapter. But when you're pre-prepared, and know it's coming, it's doable.

As suggested previously by , saving side researches can be VERY helpful.
Easy option: save a side tech you don't need for progress (like a squad size upgrade). Fill all the KPs required BUT DONT ACTIVATE IT. Activate it once you have the quest.
That's a good idea. I STILL haven't unlocked City Expansion 1 in ANY of my cities, which is 10KP, 200 :supply: in costs. Considering what they costs now in the fairy chapter, that's AWESOME. (Don't get too jealous for me thinking ahead. It still costs 4000K in :coin: to place)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The quest really is to do a tech. The building option is an out for those with later guest races or at the end of the tech tree as they would be truly stuck without this option. So I would say they have been very thoughtful. Quests like this and the 1/2 day productions are there to slow us down in the quest journey.