• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Event quests limit

paw123

Hi guys , can anyone explain why having a limit on the amount of the quests in time in the event ? - I have just reached the 60th quest and I got the message that I need to wait for over 6 hours until I will be able to continue - seems a bit unfair in the way that some players can`t be online all the time especially when it comes to the quests that are time taking what makes the event impossible to complete for some - what do you guys think ?

Iyapo1

First, congratulations! You hit lock out with 14 days to go! That is pretty awsome especially since you obviously were not aiming for it.

Basically in every event you get a stack of quests, the first 50 or so can be finished immediately...but every day of the event a new quest is unlocked. Once you do all available unlocked quests you reach the point were you have to wait for the "daily" quests to unlock. Some players try really hard to reach lock out on day 1.

paw123

Thank You for the reply lyapo1 , I were aiming at running to the finish line :) as most of the time I miss the deadline by 1 or 2 quests and it is a bit annoying when you have done 99% and than blip

Flashfyre

Supposedly this is to "force" you to play through the event during it's entire run, not clear it in a week and then have nothing to do for the next week or more.
Basically, you'll always have a "daily" quest that you can't do before the day it is intended to be done. PITA, but there it is.

Zoof

I prefer to think of the lockout mechanism as a player engagement booster. After all, why would a player pay attention to an event and get bored if they were to clear the whole thing out long before the end is due? I've heard of legends and old/distant rumors that people who finished everything on day [{End}-X] became dissatisfied, which led to complaints about how things got boring and end up leaving for a while (or at least up until the end of the event). If I searched the forum for some of those messages, I'm sure I'd find some. Not feeling up to that, though.

On a more cynical note, it's probably also a sales booster. People think less of spending chunks of change when the sales are spread out "far enough" (with the seller being the one most predisposed to knowing/learning how "far" "far enough" is), and so it makes sense to spread sales across the event. That plan ends up taking a nasty drubbing if people get bored enough to quit paying attention in the middle because they're done with everything the event can offer (for free).

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
It's so everyone finishes the event on the same day. Besides having everyone play the whole duration like the others said, it also prevents players from using timers and such to infinitely cycle through the quest line and get multiple event grand prize buildings without spending diamonds methinks.

paw123

One of the reasons for which I do like this game is the fact that it doesn`t require financial input to move on and I must admit that I haven`t spent a dime playing so far and I have been playing for well over a year now - I don`t think that getting things sooner would discourage me from playing on , furthermore I think if the event was based on "speed" somewhat and reflected in overall player`s rank or if we had something like top 100 players who finished the quests the earliest would possibly make the events more competitive ?(in a good sense of course) - I do get all your points of view on board as well at the same time , why not to have indefinite path after finishing all the quests similar to the endless pit in fellowship adventures towards the end ? - "events" are focused on the individual players rather than the whole fellowship than why not to have some kind of ranking like with the fellowship adventure - what do you think guys ?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
why not to have indefinite path after finishing all the quests

I'm one of those players who can finish the entire quest line in a few hours (and it's not hard to do with the availability of quest lists from beta). With infinite quests, those players can get the event currency for an entire event's quest line every day. Not me, because I'm not playing that intensely every day, lol! I like some 'stress-free time' in my game. My personal record is finishing the current limited quests a couple hours before the first locked quest becomes available. In one of my FS's, a member hit lock out in less than 2hrs for this event currently running. Doing that with this type of quest line means for the rest of the event it's one quest/day and it's stress-free playing for 3-4 weeks.

Infinite quests were tried in 2019 and I doubt they'll do them again. I got 3 copies of an evolving bldg plus all the artifacts needed to evolve them to lvl 10 without spending any diamonds in that Summer event. That was before Spire/crafting and I was a paying customer at that time (not huge, averaged out to about $20/month). And, I wasn't the worst 'offender' with only 3 of them, lol! They also used it for the first Zodiac (evolving bears) event in early Fall. I was able to get all 3 bears and the artifacts to evolve 2 of them to lvl 10 (spent no diamonds). There were players who got multiples of all the bears and multiple artifacts. There was even a dustup between staff and players on a different market's forum because staff was calling out players for 'cheating' the game by continuing to complete quests. (I wondered if that staff member was the one responsible for the idea and catching flak from their employer; they were irate with players!). Apparently their event revenue took a nose dive, so I can see why they stopped offering a product that reduced their income significantly. Still, they offered the product and I felt it was unfair of them to insinuate players were 'stealing' from the company by 'exploiting a loophole'. No, it wasn't a loophole, it worked exactly as designed! And, this was the second time they had offered this product! Did they think they'd get a different result by doing the same thing again?

paw123

currently the players are able to collect their points in the event and still keep them until the daily reward is "worth it" - you can still gain a massive number of summonings if you play this way ( I do that as well :) ; I think what could be done at certain stage is being able to trade/exchange the artifacts between players - I personally have a few summonings in my inventory that are not completed to lvl 10 ( mostly due to the fact that I could not complete all the quests by way) I suppose that could be some sort of idea - being able to exchange the artifacts but that is suppose is going off the topic completely in this thread