• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Event reward system

ET-inf3rno

If you want to keep the current 4x4 table reward system, which I think is way worse, than the previous choose from 3 chests system, then I have a few suggestions. First of all removing shuffle from the rewards would make it a lot more enjoyable, because currently it functions as a landmine if somebody wants to reach a certain reward, e.g. the daily exclusive. It would be nice to have a separate shuffle button which we could use any time. As of the left side I think you need to understand, that nobody wants to click 100+ times just to wait for an animation. Either improve it and add some sort of interactive reward winning game there instead of the current random 1-3 system, or just drop it entirely. Thanks!

Titandwarf

I would have to agree about the landmines at least. There have been a few time this event when I saved a pile of seeds, tried for the culture building of the day. Instead the I collected more shuffle rewards. Ha!! That is NO reward.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Last night I spent my last ten only to receive a "2x" which is no reward at all, since it doesn't give you your seeds back. During the Christmas event that had the shuffleboard, I got that on the very last prize about 2 minutes before the event ended ... no way to get anything back. The 2x prize is totally useless even if you do have enough to open the next item. You are NOT getting "2x" as much stuff. You are only paying 20 seeds to get 2 of one thing ... and if it's a bad thing you just did far worse than if you could have picked two items. I was lucky once with the 2x in that I got 2x the 25 troops, but that's the only time I was lucky with it. And overall, it's a terrible concept unless you GIVE BACK the 10 seeds when a person hits it. In that case, then people are truly getting 2x the stuff and not just a bogus 2x.

Palavyn

The shuffle is my favorite thing to get. It gives you back the 10 seeds you spent on it AND it gives you a free token for the left side. The 2X is my 2nd favorite, because the next item you get double and you get TWO tokens for the left side. Essentially, if you get the 2X, then you spend 20 flowers to get 2 items and 3 left-side tokens. Just make sure you keep at least 20 flowers in reserve in case the 2X or reveal show up.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Essentially, if you get the 2X, then you spend 20 flowers to get 2 items and 3 left-side tokens.
How do you get three tokens for the left side? You get the one when the 2x shows up, and then another one when you select the next prize. You don't get two tokens the second time, at least I haven't, and I watched once to see if I would.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
How do you get three tokens for the left side? You get the one when the 2x shows up, and then another one when you select the next prize. You don't get two tokens the second time, at least I haven't, and I watched once to see if I would.

Yes you do. The 2X doubles everything you get.

ET-inf3rno

The shuffle is my favorite thing to get. It gives you back the 10 seeds you spent on it AND it gives you a free token for the left side. The 2X is my 2nd favorite, because the next item you get double and you get TWO tokens for the left side. Essentially, if you get the 2X, then you spend 20 flowers to get 2 items and 3 left-side tokens. Just make sure you keep at least 20 flowers in reserve in case the 2X or reveal show up.
The shuffle is no fun if one wants to win daily exclusives...

Palavyn

The shuffle is no fun if one wants to win daily exclusives...
In the long run, the shuffle doesn't reduce the number of daily exclusives you get, unless you want it to. Half of the time you will already have gotten the daily exclusive when the shuffle appears, either from stepping on it or from a reveal.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
In the long run, the shuffle doesn't reduce the number of daily exclusives you get, unless you want it to. Half of the time you will already have gotten the daily exclusive when the shuffle appears, either from stepping on it or from a reveal.
It's not necessary to reduce the chance of getting a daily to make it less fun. Getting exactly the same number of dailies, but interspersing them with more junk, reduces the fun without reducing the number of daily prizes.

ET-inf3rno

Half of the time you will already have gotten the daily exclusive when the shuffle appears, either from stepping on it or from a reveal.
Which means it reduces the number of daily exclusives to half. I don't think though that half is the right number, but I am not in math mood now.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Which means it reduces the number of daily exclusives to half. I don't think though that half is the right number, but I am not in math mood now.
The shuffle (assuming it's implemented corectly) shouldn't affect quantities at all. You have the same odds of getting the shuffle after getting nothing but the main prize as you do of getting it after picking every square except the main prize. Should be zero sum.

ET-inf3rno

The shuffle (assuming it's implemented corectly) shouldn't affect quantities at all. You have the same odds of getting the shuffle after getting nothing but the main prize as you do of getting it after picking every square except the main prize. Should be zero sum.
This is wrong. You get less daily exclusives if you add the shuffle to the prizes. For example you start with 16 prizes, you have 1/16 chance to get the daily exclusive. After you opened one you have 1/15 chance to get the DE, and so on. When you step on shuffle you start over again with 1/16 chance, which clearly reduces the number of DEs you can get. Moving out the shuffle from the prizes would guarantee that you get a DE in 16 steps. When you include the shuffle to the prizes there is no guarantee you will ever get a DE.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This is wrong. You get less daily exclusives if you add the shuffle to the prizes. For example you start with 16 prizes, you have 1/16 chance to get the daily exclusive. After you opened one you have 1/15 chance to get the DE, and so on. When you step on shuffle you start over again with 1/16 chance, which clearly reduces the number of DEs you can get. Moving out the shuffle from the prizes would guarantee that you get a DE in 16 steps. When you include the shuffle to the prizes there is no guarantee you will ever get a DE.
If you aren't willing to do the math, you shouldn't make math claims. When you get the daily followed by the shuffle, it turns out your chance was 1/1 instead of 1/16, then went back to 1/16 instead of 0/15.

ET-inf3rno

If you aren't willing to do the math, you shouldn't make math claims. When you get the daily followed by the shuffle, it turns out your chance was 1/1 instead of 1/16, then went back to 1/16 instead of 0/15.
You would have 1/1 chance if all 16 were daily exclusives, but only 1 of them is daily exclusive, so the chance of winning a DE is 1/16. Really you should not try to lecture me about statistics if you don't understand the concepts at all.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You would have 1/1 chance if all 16 were daily exclusives, but only 1 of them is daily exclusive, so the chance of winning a DE is 1/16. Really you should not try to lecture me about statistics if you don't understand the concepts at all.
If we get the daily prize with our first pick, and there is no shuffle, then we have 15 successive picks where our chance of getting a daily is zero. That offsets picking fourteen selections without getting the daily, then getting the shuffle. The difference between having a shuffle and not having a shuffle, if any, is a minuscule fraction of a percent over many thousands of selections. Without the shuffle, your overall return is 100 dailies per sixteen hundred picks. With the shuffle, your over all return is 100 dailies per sixteen hundred picks.

ET-inf3rno

If we get the daily prize with our first pick, and there is no shuffle, then we have 15 successive picks where our chance of getting a daily is zero. That offsets picking fourteen selections without getting the daily, then getting the shuffle. The difference between having a shuffle and not having a shuffle, if any, is a minuscule fraction of a percent over many thousands of selections. Without the shuffle, your overall return is 100 dailies per sixteen hundred picks. With the shuffle, your over all return is 100 dailies per sixteen hundred picks.
I think you are talking about the scenario where you have to click on all 16 prizes to get a shuffle. What I am talking about is having a shuffle button you can click on whenever you want to.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think you are talking about the scenario where you have to click on all 16 prizes to get a shuffle. What I am talking about is having a shuffle button you can click on whenever you want to.
Technically I'm talking about Palavyn saying getting the shuffle doesn't reduce your number of dailies when you said it reduces enjoyment. I have no idea why you and I are arguing, since I was trying to back your point.